The Official Glasgow Rangers UEFA Cup Final Thread

Started by Minder, May 02, 2008, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: SammyG on May 15, 2008, 04:48:58 PM
Quote from: behind the wire on May 15, 2008, 04:45:53 PM
i couldnt really be bothered looking. ill let you do that sometime. you always seem to want proof of everything so im sure you'll not mind providing proof of the celtic fans behaving badly somewhere. give me a shout when you post the links.

The link has already been posted, on page 5. If you want I can post it again, when I can get into Youtube.

There's only one link there Sammy and it's hardly the most frightening bit of footage I've seen... A load of Celtic fans singing "Ooh ah up the Ra". Of course it shouldn't be done and indeed it isn't done during matches anymore but you can't tell me this kind of chanting doesn't go on in Rangers bars around Glasgow/Belfast or that there were no sectarian chants in Manchester yesterday?

behind the wire

i couldnt really be bothered looking. ill let you do that sometime. you always seem to want proof of everything so im sure you'll not mind providing proof of the celtic fans behaving badly somewhere. give me a shout when you post the links.

The link has already been posted, on page 5. If you want I can post it again, when I can get into Youtube.

just viewed the link on page 5

now i dont know what it is they are singing because i have no sound on the computer but i dont see where the police had to get involved, or where the paramedics were attacked or where the police officer was assaulted on the ground or where the bottles were hurled. in fact i cant say i seen anything similar to last nites incidents at all.

so when you are ready i await your links.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

SammyG

Quote from: screenexile on May 15, 2008, 04:58:16 PM

There's only one link there Sammy and it's hardly the most frightening bit of footage I've seen...

When you click on the link it brings up dozens of examples (or it did the other day). As I've already said I'll post some more links when I can get into youtube, this evening.
A load of Celtic fans singing "Ooh ah up the Ra". Of course it shouldn't be done and indeed it isn't done during matches anymore but you can't tell me this kind of chanting doesn't go on in Rangers bars around Glasgow/Belfast or that there were no sectarian chants in Manchester yesterday?
When did I say it didn't happen at Rangers, of course it does? Two sides of the same shitty coin.

illdecide

Oh the violence on that link from page 5 was terrible, celtic supporters chanting "up the ra" big deal. The wankpots left Manchester like Govan and they were only there for a few hours :o What do you expect from 100,000 pigs
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 15, 2008, 11:16:38 AM

You see the problem i have with that photo is that
a) that is only a 13amp plug top and a television that size would draw a hell of a lot more amps than 13
b) if the telly is plugged out how come there is still a message on the screen

You'll Never Walk Alone.

take_yer_points

Quote from: SammyG on May 15, 2008, 05:02:05 PM

There's only one link there Sammy and it's hardly the most frightening bit of footage I've seen...

When you click on the link it brings up dozens of examples (or it did the other day). As I've already said I'll post some more links when I can get into youtube, this evening.
A load of Celtic fans singing "Ooh ah up the Ra". Of course it shouldn't be done and indeed it isn't done during matches anymore but you can't tell me this kind of chanting doesn't go on in Rangers bars around Glasgow/Belfast or that there were no sectarian chants in Manchester yesterday?
When did I say it didn't happen at Rangers, of course it does? Two sides of the same shitty coin.

I just had a look on youtube and watched the video of the Celtic fans singing. The top link to another video is called "Celtic Sectarian Report" - and its actually a report from Sky Sports about Rangers fans singing sectarian songs with Ally McCoist saying that he's hopeful that they can stop it before action's taken against them??

fred the red

Quote from: ziggysego on May 15, 2008, 11:46:48 AM

Poor Barry

Ziggy, you stated on another thread that it will be 'heaven' when the football season ends. Why you posting on a football thread if you hate it so much?  ???

ziggysego

Bored, that's why. Honestly, I've no dislike for soccer.
Testing Accessibility

iluvni

Interesting that whilst believing they inhabit some kind of high moral ground, the likes of Tony Fearon have no issue whatsoever with using sectarian terms such as 'Huns' on this site.

I read the other day he is about to embark on a 'media campaign' (God help his wit), and no doubt the thuggery in Manchester  will have him chomping at the bit, but I challenge him now to have the courage of his convictions and label the Rangers fans he'll be taking to task as 'Huns' in his next letter to the Belfast Telegraph.

Main Street

Only in the world of of the OWC bigots
can Riotous behaviour of 1000s of Rangers fans, stabbing opposition fans, pitch encrosions, attacks on law officers, be compared to the behaviour of Celtic fans who have received standing ovations from police forces and fans from around the world.

stew

There's only one link there Sammy and it's hardly the most frightening bit of footage I've seen... A load of Celtic fans singing "Ooh ah up the Ra". Of course it shouldn't be done and indeed it isn't done during matches anymore but you can't tell me this kind of chanting doesn't go on in Rangers bars around Glasgow/Belfast or that there were no sectarian chants in Manchester yesterday?

Of course this sort of thing does not happen in Rangers bars around belfast. absolutely scurrilous remarks altogether.

Glentoran supporters clubs are places were absolutely nothing ever happens to anyone that walks through their doors, on the odd aul occasion you can even hear the soldiers song being belted out whilst the Hibernians rent out the club much to the delight of the Glensmen.

:o
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

I was talking to a friend that was over at it, he said of course there are a number of Rangers fans that are scumbags and it seemed to be mainly the Scottish ones misbehaving but he said Manchester was totally unprepared for that number of people arriving even though they knew 100,000 plus would be there. He said there was over 20,000 in the picadilly square and there were 3 porta kabins for toilets. He said when it was kicking off some of the Gers fans started knocking the f**k out of each other. He also said you were not allowed glass bottles into the fan zones and this was policed by two big black guys that asked you if you had any glass bottles, you said no and you were let in regardless if you had them or not. This fella is a very reasonable chap but reckons he will never set foot in Manchester again and said it is a "total hellhole" There was not a peeler to be seen all day until they appeared in riot gear..........There are two sides to every "shitty coin" i suppose.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ExiledGael

Jesus, your man's out before he hits the ground. And he hits it with quite a thud too.

Yes I Would

Talking when he should have been listening!!

KIDDO 4

GLASGOW Rangers supporters in Coleraine have accused a Scottish newspaper of "total censorship".
Their claims follows the airbrushing of an Red Hand of Ulster motif from a newspaper picture of the Coleraine True Blue Rangers Supporters Club banner.

The change was spotted immediately by the man pictured beside the banner, club secretary TommyVauls, who had been in Florence for the Rangers UEFA Cup semi-final match on May 2.

The Glasgow Evening Times gave its usual full colour picture coverage of the match and the Coleraine fans were prominent in the pictures. The fans were shocked to find that the published pictures had been doctored to remove the "Red Hand" symbol from the banner.

Tommy told the Coleraine Times: "This is total censorship. There is nothing sectarian about the banner but they removed the "Red Hand" from three pictures..

"We have taken the banner all over Europe and there has never been any bother with it, in fact most people compliment us on it."
Chairman Frank Daly said: "We are recognised as an official supporters club and we have raised £1,000's for childrens' charities. We never ask who or what the children are."

East Londonderry MP, Gregory Campbell said: "The Red Hand of Ulster is a symbol used by people from both sides of the community in Northern Ireland. It features prominently in the flag of Northern Ireland; it is used by the GAA as well as being displayed, as in this case, on the banners of people who are legitimate and properly registered supporters of Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

"I am at a loss to understand why the Glasgow Evening Times would have spent time and effort removing the Red Hand of Ulster from the pictures they carried of the crowd. I have made contact with the newspaper in an effort to see if they have a reason for this censorship.
"People in Ulster regard the Red Hand as a non contentious symbol, so too should those from outside the Province."

In a move welcomed by Mr Campbell and the supporters club, the editor of the Glasgow Evening Times, Donald Martin, has apologised for any upset caused.
He said: "As a Glasgow based newspaper we are always mindful of the sensitivities involved in covering the Old Firm. We are champions of both clubs and their supporters and always try to ensure our coverage is balanced.

"On this occasion we failed to take into account that the fans were displaying a recognised flag. The picture was, however, used in full online.
"We apologise for any upset we may have caused and wish Rangers and their supporters the best of luck on Wednesday."
The Coleraine fans will be putting the row behind them this week as they set sail for Manchester for the final of the UEFA Cup against Zenit St Petersburg.

Needless to say, the banner will be there as well.