The Official Glasgow Rangers UEFA Cup Final Thread

Started by Minder, May 02, 2008, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthArmaghBandit

Scumbags but what would you expect from a pig but a grunt.

Whitehair

Tell all the Huns you know,
Novos the new Sebo,
with a minute to go, he fluffed it like Flo,
and it's gonna be three in a row.

T O Hare

Tony will be busy penning letters all week ;D Tony i am right behing you, we expect it from you!!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

take_yer_points

From BBC:

"The injured Russian fan was taken to hospital after being attacked in a seated area of the stadium before the game."

That didn't have anything to do with getting beat 2-0 or a screen breaking down - it was before the game even started and sounds like it was inside the stadium.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T O Hare on May 15, 2008, 01:59:37 AM
Tony will be busy penning letters all week ;D Tony i am right behing you, we expect it from you!!!!!!

Irish News / News Letter / Belfast telegraph / Manchester Evening News / Evening Standard / Dublin Herald / Liverpool Echo / Daily Record

Thats a start Tony - you are the voice of the people and your time has arrived..... ;)

T Fearon

sorry lads, don't have the heart this morning. Just heard the news about Tommy Burns. I honestly never realised he was as ill as that. He is the patron of a Celtic Supporters Club in Portadown that I was a member of and he was a regular visitor to the town for functions etc, and wasn't averse to takng the microphone,loosening the tie and belting out a rebel song or two. Great man, great player and a terrible loss.

AZOffaly

Sad news about Tommy Burns indeed. Always seemed a decent sort, although I have no affinity with Celtic or Scotland. RIP.

As for Manchester, well Tony called that one right. It sounds as if there were just too many of them around, and the fact that there was no foreign trip involved probably meant a lot of eejits made the trip because it was handy. I'd echo AFR's statement as well, If I were heading to Moscow, I'd be very, very careful now. Moscow is no place for being naive at the best of times, as a foreigner, but being tagged as 'British' for that day will add to the hassle now.

T Fearon

I take no credit from being right. Unfortunately where huns are gathered in large numbers, be it Linfield/IFA in Dublin , Dundalk or Rangers, trouble unfortunately is inevitable and entirely predictable. The sectarian singing at the game last night is also something UEFA might well feel disposed to investigate

I am proud to be a Celtic and Ireland fan, as much for the exemplary behaviour of my fellow fans as anything else.

The Manchester Police did their duty last night as undoubtedly the Russian Police will do likewise next week when the need inevitably arises

SammyG

Quote from: T Fearon on May 15, 2008, 09:34:54 AM
I take no credit from being right. Unfortunately where huns are gathered in large numbers, be it Linfield/IFA in Dublin , Dundalk or Rangers, trouble unfortunately is inevitable and entirely predictable. The sectarian singing at the game last night is also something UEFA might well feel disposed to investigate

I am proud to be a Celtic and Ireland fan, as much for the exemplary behaviour of my fellow fans as anything else.
Are you taking the piss Tony? Two sides of the same shitty coin, always have been and always will be a minority in both Celtic and Rangers support who are scum. Interesting that a couple of posts ago you were praising Tommy Burns for sectarian singing but now your criticising Rangers for doing the same thing. More faces than the bloody Albert Clock.
The Manchester Police did their duty last night as undoubtedly the Russian Police will do likewise next week when the need inevitably arises
On that we can agree.

T Fearon

Sammy, Celtic have made huge strides to rid the club from the scourge of sectarian/political chanting. I heard not one instance of this last Sunday. Also I and the majority of Celtic fans on the plane last Sunday morning had Mark Hateley, Alex Rae, and Dave Mc Pherson and a few supporters for Company and not a word of abuse issued in their direction from anyone. I doubt if this scenario would have prevailed if there had been a plane load of Rangers fans with a few ex Celtic legends  on board. Celtic fans are aware that they are club ambassadors at all times

I don't think Rangers efforts in this area have been as exhaustive or as sincere as Celtic's unfortunately.

Also 100,000 Celtic fans made the trip to Seville without the merest hint of trouble, and Celtic fans can invade many English cities, Manchester, Liverpool, Blackburn etc without wreaking havoc.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: SammyG on May 15, 2008, 09:42:09 AM

Are you taking the piss Tony? Two sides of the same shitty coin, always have been and always will be a minority in both Celtic and Rangers support who are scum. Interesting that a couple of posts ago you were praising Tommy Burns for sectarian singing but now your criticising Rangers for doing the same thing. More faces than the bloody Albert Clock.
On that we can agree.

Sammy you plank, do you never miss an opportunity to sully the great Celtic name!  >:(
Celtic were not playing last night - Rangers were!

Minority my arse, go onto youtube and watch some of the many videos being posted, seems like a hell of alot of Orcs fighting with the polis, attacking ambulances and paramedics, they're fighting with themselves FFS. Don't f**king dare compare some Celtic fans singing songs with that scum/animals.
Now go away and ram a big traffic cone up your arse - might stop you talking sh*te!  >:(
Tbc....

SammyG

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 15, 2008, 10:17:35 AM
Quote from: SammyG on May 15, 2008, 09:42:09 AM

On that we can agree.

Sammy you plank, do you never miss an opportunity to sully the great Celtic name!  >:(
Celtic were not playing last night - Rangers were!
Tony brought up Celtic not me!!!

Two sides of the same shitty coin, always have been and unfortunately always will be.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001