The Official Glasgow Rangers UEFA Cup Final Thread

Started by Minder, May 02, 2008, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Well if ye take the two finals that both clubs have been involved in in 2003 celtic fans got an award from UEFA for been the best supporters, they definately didn't cause the carnage that them rangers boys caused on wednesday night. Now of course their might be isolated small incidents but i never heard anything about or seen anything like what happened on wednesday night it was appalling stuff 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 05:21:12 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 16, 2008, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 05:15:39 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 16, 2008, 05:13:41 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 05:08:35 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 16, 2008, 05:05:02 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 04:58:46 PM
Quote from: behind the wire on May 16, 2008, 04:47:07 PM
hopefully you will be able to provide links to those incidents. its funny how you say these things happened and then go and post a link of something completely different. surely if you have the links to these incidents it would be as easy to post their link as opposed to a different incident.
I posted the link to the fight with Chelsea and the other links are down the right hand side.

What did they fight with??? Phlem???
Fists, feet and beer glasses (and bar stools in the Dundee clip, just for good measure).

Links and times these incidents happened at please, couldn't be bothered wasting my Friday evening crawling through youtube...
Aye cause I've nothing better to do.  ::) I've given you the links, they're between 2 and 10 minutes long, if you think I can be arsed to sit through them (again) and time stamp them for ye, you'll be waiting a while.

Well ur on here all day every day, so I take that as a given...

No links, no times, no proof = bullshit Q.E.D.
Links - given
Times - watch the fecking thing yerself and stop being a lazy bollix
Proof - see links.

Links - 1 given so since that's not plural it should read link
Times - please see http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7653.msg293449#msg293449 and less of the name calling
Proof - none

Well done on deflecting the attention away from Rankers btw. Off home now, I'd wish ya a good weekend except I doubt u'd hear me with ur head stuck so far down there in the stand...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Solomon Kane

If I was a Ceptic fan this would be one of the best weeks of my life. Some of the Ranker's fans let themselves down an awful lot, but to be fair some of them probably really enjoyed turfing bottles etc. I hope whoever was lifted goes away for a while - they deserve it.

I have stated before I personally narrowly missed being caught up in trouble caused by Ceptic fans in Belfast on two occasions when they thought it would be a good idea to throw stones at passing cars. To be fair this didn't take place near a match - just near bars that were showing the matches. Neither club can be held responsible for some of the dross that attaches themselves to their support as I know decent supporters of both teams. I can't for the life of me see the appeal however - from what little of it I have seen the football is poor.   

lfdown2

Quote from: Solomon Kane on May 16, 2008, 05:46:40 PM
If I was a Ceptic fan this would be one of the best weeks of my life. Some of the Ranker's fans let themselves down an awful lot, but to be fair some of them probably really enjoyed turfing bottles etc. I hope whoever was lifted goes away for a while - they deserve it.

I have stated before I personally narrowly missed being caught up in trouble caused by Ceptic fans in Belfast on two occasions when they thought it would be a good idea to throw stones at passing cars. To be fair this didn't take place near a match - just near bars that were showing the matches. Neither club can be held responsible for some of the dross that attaches themselves to their support as I know decent supporters of both teams. I can't for the life of me see the appeal however - from what little of it I have seen the football is poor. 

are you not a ni supporter? ;D

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: SammyG on May 15, 2008, 04:01:41 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 15, 2008, 03:54:02 PM
Just seen the video there. Absolute disgraceful scenes!!! Whats SammyGs take on this?????

My take (for the millionth time) is that they are the scum of the earth and I hope they're put away for a long time.
Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 15, 2008, 03:54:02 PM
I seriously cant picture the Celtic fans in similar scenes!
Try watching some of the videos on Youtube.

Sammyg ure fighting a loosing battle here......Not Even Donald Findlay QC could defend this! And hes even been caught singing sectarian songs himself..........Scotlands shame
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

magickingdom

they're sickening pathetic fcukers for what they've done in manchester and theres no way to hide that sammy, no way if celtic had been playing in manchester would that have happened and i know they're no angels. man u fan will pay too as the open air screens for the champions league final have been cancelled.

Main Street

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 05:02:35 PM
[
FFS this is getting silly now. I DID NOT MENTION CELTIC Tony did and I replied. The well behaved Celtic fans are obviously not the same as the hooligan Rangers fans they are the same as the tens of thousands of well behaved Rangers fans. However the hooligan Celtic fans are the same as hooligan Rangers fans.

Hope that is clear enough for even your tiny brain to understand.
Yes you did mention Celtic in reference to Tony going on about the Glasgow riots by Rangers fans.
You wrote
"Two sides of the same shitty coin, always have been and always will be a minority in both Celtic and Rangers support who are scum"

No evidence to support,  no arrest count. no police statements. no bbc television pictures, no media attention. in fact Celtic fans behaviour are of the highest standards in soccer and have received fulsome praise from Police chiefs/media /fans all around the world whereas Rangers in general have an intense scum element everpresent.

No comparison really, even a braindead windup  troll like should get that point

SammyG

Quote from: magickingdom on May 16, 2008, 10:29:10 PM
they're sickening pathetic fcukers for what they've done in manchester and theres no way to hide that sammy,
How the fcuk am I hiding anything? I have said time and again that they are the scum of the earth and should be locked up. What more do you want me to say?

SammyG

Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2008, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 05:02:35 PM
[
FFS this is getting silly now. I DID NOT MENTION CELTIC Tony did and I replied. The well behaved Celtic fans are obviously not the same as the hooligan Rangers fans they are the same as the tens of thousands of well behaved Rangers fans. However the hooligan Celtic fans are the same as hooligan Rangers fans.

Hope that is clear enough for even your tiny brain to understand.
Yes you did mention Celtic in reference to Tony going on about the Glasgow riots by Rangers fans.
You wrote
"Two sides of the same shitty coin, always have been and always will be a minority in both Celtic and Rangers support who are scum"

No evidence to support,  no arrest count. no police statements. no bbc television pictures, no media attention. in fact Celtic fans behaviour are of the highest standards in soccer and have received fulsome praise from Police chiefs/media /fans all around the world whereas Rangers in general have an intense scum element everpresent.

No comparison really, even a braindead windup  troll like should get that point

When you say brain dead I presume you're talking about the type of person who can comment on something without actually bothering to read it, a bit like yourself in fact.

p.s. Rangers have been praised several times this season and had zero arrests or trouble at any of their previous European matches. But that doesn't mean that a significant minority aren't scum, they clearly are, as Wednesday night proved.

stiffler

[/quote]

p.s. Rangers have been praised several times this season and had zero arrests or trouble at any of their previous European matches. But that doesn't mean that a significant minority aren't scum, they clearly are, as Wednesday night proved.
[/quote]

http://spanishfootballsports.blogspot.com/2007/11/rangers-fans-in-barcelona-back-to-dark.html

Sammy you are obviously trying to wind up here. If you are gonna continue to lie, please refrain from posting. You have absolutely no creditibility on this board anymore, and will never have again.

From the article:

Sometimes we get lucky & see how people must have lived in the
"DARK AGE", so called because human knowledge stopped & the
masses were without education.
Yesterday in Barcelona, Scottish & Rangers fans gave us & the world
an reenactment of the then state of mentality & how barbarians acted
& lived back then, & all for free!

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

the green man

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 10:45:13 PM

I dont believe they were praised in Barcelona this year.

Here a brief description from '72

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/05/13/the_behaviour_of_the_scottish.html

Main Street

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 10:45:13 PM
You must post the references of the praise they received from Barcelona, Villareal, Stuttgart Israel when you get time.

Main Street

Here is a nice tribute from Willie Waddell, Rangers manager, after the Barcelona riots 1972

"It is to these tikes, hooligans, louts and drunkards that I pinpoint my message – it is because of your gutter-rat behaviour that we [Rangers FC] are being publicly tarred and feathered . . . "

Yes I Would

How some things never change!!
Why is it they attract the scum of the earth??

the green man

Quote from: Yes I Would on May 16, 2008, 11:34:57 PM
How some things never change!!
Why is it they attract the scum of the earth??

Its the english sumpremacist mentality that prevailed throughout the 20th century. Two world wars and all that. Even though it took the yanks to win them. I'm afraid that Rangers is the last bastion of that attitude.