The Official Glasgow Rangers UEFA Cup Final Thread

Started by Minder, May 02, 2008, 09:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on May 16, 2008, 12:04:04 AM
"We have taken the banner all over Europe and there has never been any bother with it, in fact most people compliment us on it."

Bollocks, why would someone compliment a flag?
Testing Accessibility

Chrisowc

Quote from: ziggysego on May 16, 2008, 12:06:31 AM
Quote from: KIDDO 4 on May 16, 2008, 12:04:04 AM
"We have taken the banner all over Europe and there has never been any bother with it, in fact most people compliment us on it."

Bollocks, why would someone compliment a flag?

There is every chance this would happen.

You would get opposition and your own team's fans as well as locals/other tourists taking photographs of some of the better flags.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

SammyG

Quote from: behind the wire on May 15, 2008, 04:59:51 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 15, 2008, 04:48:58 PM
Quote from: behind the wire on May 15, 2008, 04:45:53 PM
i couldnt really be bothered looking. ill let you do that sometime. you always seem to want proof of everything so im sure you'll not mind providing proof of the celtic fans behaving badly somewhere. give me a shout when you post the links.

The link has already been posted, on page 5. If you want I can post it again, when I can get into Youtube.

just viewed the link on page 5

now i dont know what it is they are singing because i have no sound on the computer but i dont see where the police had to get involved, or where the paramedics were attacked or where the police officer was assaulted on the ground or where the bottles were hurled. in fact i cant say i seen anything similar to last nites incidents at all.

so when you are ready i await your links.

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_ax89ge-w Try this one and the other links down the side of it.

SammyG

Quote from: Main Street on May 15, 2008, 08:05:21 PM
Only in the world of of the OWC bigots
can Riotous behaviour of 1000s of Rangers fans, stabbing opposition fans, pitch encrosions, attacks on law officers, be compared to the behaviour of Celtic fans who have received standing ovations from police forces and fans from around the world.
For the umpteenth time, the comparison was made by Tony, not anybody from OWC or anywhere else but sure don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.

illdecide

What does a Rangers fan do when he sees his team win the UEFA cup?

Turns off his playstation and gets back into bed with his sister :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 08:11:07 AM
Quote from: behind the wire on May 15, 2008, 04:59:51 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 15, 2008, 04:48:58 PM
Quote from: behind the wire on May 15, 2008, 04:45:53 PM
i couldnt really be bothered looking. ill let you do that sometime. you always seem to want proof of everything so im sure you'll not mind providing proof of the celtic fans behaving badly somewhere. give me a shout when you post the links.

The link has already been posted, on page 5. If you want I can post it again, when I can get into Youtube.

just viewed the link on page 5

now i dont know what it is they are singing because i have no sound on the computer but i dont see where the police had to get involved, or where the paramedics were attacked or where the police officer was assaulted on the ground or where the bottles were hurled. in fact i cant say i seen anything similar to last nites incidents at all.

so when you are ready i await your links.

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM_ax89ge-w Try this one and the other links down the side of it.

:D A load of lads singing  :D Let me repeat the above statement "i dont see where the police had to get involved, or where the paramedics were attacked or where the police officer was assaulted on the ground or where the bottles were hurled. in fact i cant say i seen anything similar to last nites incidents at all."
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Mentalman

Rangers probe infiltrator claims  

Rangers believe the trouble in Manchester city centre which marred the Uefa Cup final involved people with no history of following the club.

Hundreds of fans turned violent when a big screen showing the match in the city's Piccadilly Gardens broke down.

"We've been informed that those scenes were caused by fans who don't normally attach themselves to our support," said Rangers chief executive Martin Bain.

"We have to identify anybody that was responsible for the acts of violence."

Fifteen officers were injured, as well as a police dog, and 42 arrests were made as riot police and supporters fought running battles.

One Zenit St Petersburg fan was stabbed, but his injuries are not life-threatening.

"Unfortunately a screen went down in the centre of Manchester without maybe a separate feed coming in as back-up, and it has obviously been the catalyst for some incident," Bain said.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain

"We're extremely disappointed and we'll do everything we possibly can to help Manchester Police find out who those perpetrators are."

Rangers security chief Kenny Scott insisted the club would take action against the troublemakers.

"The club will take the appropriate action," said Scott. "The difficulty is that many of these people will have no association with Rangers Football Club.

"That exacerbates our difficulties in dealing appropriately with the situation which occurred in Manchester."

Scott stressed that plans to accommodate visiting supporters in Manchester city centre on the day of the game had been extensive.

"I don't think there's an awful lot more that could have been done," he said.

"We saw yesterday afternoon great scenes in the city of Manchester.

"The city absorbed the numbers that were there, despite the fact they exceeded the numbers which were expected.

"But unfortunately the catalyst for the disorder last night was the breaking down of the screen.

"Though by no means do we condone the behaviour of the supporters who became involved in violence, particularly when police officers were injured and we particularly abhor that type of brehaviour, we still have got to reflect back on the fact that in the stadium the atmosphere was fantastic.

"We had positive comments from Uefa about the sporting behaviour of our supporters.

"In the city centre, if there were 120,000 people or so in the city centre, 200 or so according to police estimates and the estimates of the city of Manchester authorities, let down this club."

Uefa will wait until Friday before making any decision about launching an investigation into the violence.

Europe's governing body will assess a report from the referee and the match delegate before deciding on any action.

A Uefa spokesman stressed that, while they condemned the violent scenes in Manchester, events outside the stadium were outside its jurisdiction.

So there wasn't a second feed to the screen and anyway it wasn't their fans. I wonder would he term these infiltrators the "casual" support?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

mhacadoir

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1166626.ece

utterly shameful, shameful actions.

one other point, probably should be on the other thread but fair play to the rangers fans who turned up to pay their respects to tommy burns. the should be commended, just as the scum element should be condemned in the strongest words possible. 

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: mhacadoir on May 16, 2008, 11:43:48 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1166626.ece

utterly shameful, shameful actions.

one other point, probably should be on the other thread but fair play to the rangers fans who turned up to pay their respects to tommy burns. the should be commended, just as the scum element should be condemned in the strongest words possible. 

That is vile, fair play to the student who had the balls to film that and hang around that mob, I hope the book is thrown at them.

I can't believe Rankers are going down the "infiltrator" route, in that vid u can clearly hear, UVF chants, "We are de pepil" as well as something about Sínn Féin. That cop was lucky he wasn't kicked to death. Also can't believe Rankers have come out and said that "We had positive comments from Uefa about the sporting behaviour of our supporters" although nothing should surprise me about that shower.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Main Street

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2008, 08:13:12 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 15, 2008, 08:05:21 PM
Only in the world of of the OWC bigots
can Riotous behaviour of 1000s of Rangers fans, stabbing opposition fans, pitch encrosions, attacks on law officers, be compared to the behaviour of Celtic fans who have received standing ovations from police forces and fans from around the world.
For the umpteenth time, the comparison was made by Tony, not anybody from OWC or anywhere else but sure don't let the facts get in the way of your rant.

You wrote
"Two sides of the same shitty coin, always have been and always will be a minority in both Celtic and Rangers support who are scum"

Your subjective idea of Celtic shít  is someone in a celtic shirt singing a rebel song.
and saying that that is the other side of the same coin

The other side of the coin being
Riotous behaviour of 1000s of Rangers fans, stabbing opposition fans, pitch encrosions, attacks on law officers, injuring a police dog.

Only a pure bigot would compare that to the behaviour of Celtic fans who have received standing ovations from police forces and fans from around the world.

The Watcher Pat

Fair play to the cop who stood his ground.....I'd be asking where my mates were then.....

Yesterday morning people were saying it was only a few people??? This was orcastrated violence and I hope every one of them is caught by cctv.....Maybe the police over there will do something with the cctv pictures unlike the useless shower we have over here.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Bensars

Minder

I hope future modelling assignments/contracts are not jeopardised by negative press for that fella in the last photo
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SammyG

Quote from: Main Street on May 16, 2008, 12:32:06 PMYour subjective idea of Celtic shít  is someone in a celtic shirt singing a rebel song.
and saying that that is the other side of the same coin

When the fcuk did I say that?