Admission fees for Ulster Club Games

Started by Bitta-Banter, October 19, 2008, 07:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

The prices are a disgrace and something has to be done to allow families to continue to support our games.

By the way have any of you thought what the prices would end up being if DOnal Og, McGeeney, Farrell and the rest of their GPA chums got the pay for play their after.

£12?? Wouldnt even look at it. It will be us paying their wages at the gate. 

We'd all be talking about the good old days when it was only £12 into matches.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

tonesfirstandlast

Brilliant article in the COUNTY DERRY POST on this topic today by Fergal P. McCusker. he referred to the number of neutral supporters  at the Latton/Ballinderry game who turned at the gate and went home. To me he hit the nail on the head as far as the grassroot supporters are concerned in compared to the corporate ones who attend the big games in Croke park as guests of companies.

ONeill

Sure what else would you be spending £12 on, on a Sunday?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shortso79

It was 12 pounds into the St Johns match last Friday in Newry

Pretty Dear for a Junior Championship Match

never kickt a ball

Quote from: The GAA on November 04, 2008, 11:24:24 AM

Wasn't there an ulster council man posting on here flat out during the McKenna Cup. If they're happy to post here for their own PR purposes maybe they can post to justify this ludicrus policy?

Who was that?

What annoys me is that they don't advertise their prices properly so that everyone knows how much they are expected to pay. It's not good enough that the first time people realise the price is when they turn up at the ground.

The GAA

Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2008, 08:48:21 PM
Sure what else would you be spending £12 on, on a Sunday?

Carvery lunch and a couple of pints in front of ford super sunday

wherefromreferee?

Without even buying todays IN yet, would I be right to assume that this dominates 'Off the fence'
In your Endo!

billy the kid

Correct.

Derry county board have put in a complaint about prices to Ulster council Everyone get on to their own county board and try to get the same done.

Not that it will make much difference.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

orangeman

Quote from: billy the kid on November 06, 2008, 03:50:53 PM
Correct.

Derry county board have put in a complaint about prices to Ulster council Everyone get on to their own county board and try to get the same done.

Not that it will make much difference.

The exchange rate was blamed !

thebandit

The Derry county board have planty to be worrying about without this!!!!

Armagh Exile

Lots of complaints from Students who had to pay £12 entrance fee to Crossmaglen for the Ulster Club games.
This is most unfair as there was concessions for OAP's and quite rightly but no for Students.
Surely the GAA should be encouraging these young people to come to our games instead of driving them away by charging them £12.
Who sets these fees and can our county representatives at Ulster Council not get this changed?

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: thebandit on November 06, 2008, 07:08:55 PM
The Derry county board have planty to be worrying about without this!!!!

What have they to worry about more than any other county?

tyrone86

Quote from: Armagh Exile on November 10, 2008, 10:00:47 AM
Lots of complaints from Students who had to pay £12 entrance fee to Crossmaglen for the Ulster Club games.
This is most unfair as there was concessions for OAP's and quite rightly but no for Students.
Surely the GAA should be encouraging these young people to come to our games instead of driving them away by charging them £12.
Who sets these fees and can our county representatives at Ulster Council not get this changed?

While I'd agree £12 is too dear for admission for everyone, if students are prepared to throw out 8 or 10 quid into a disco on a Saturday night I don't see why the GAA should bother with concessions for them.

clarshack

£12 is pricey but at least there were 2 games in crossmaglen. the crowd in crossmaglen got better value for money than most other crowds last week where there was only 1 game.

Maguire01

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 10, 2008, 01:21:37 PM
While I'd agree £12 is too dear for admission for everyone, if students are prepared to throw out 8 or 10 quid into a disco on a Saturday night I don't see why the GAA should bother with concessions for them.

Well then why shouldn't the GAA make the admission "8 or 10 quid" instead of 12? The point is that the GAA is in competition with other ways to spend your money, such as "discos", therefore it should be an attractive and affordable proposition to go to a match.