The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on May 16, 2014, 09:21:23 AM
Quote from: TabClear on May 16, 2014, 05:05:36 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 15, 2014, 09:58:58 PM
So how exactly is Gerrard a legend for his country?

Captain who will in all likelihood be record outfield caps holder after the world cup?

He will end up winning as much with his country as he has league titles with his club. Stuff of legend alright!

but by f**k he gave it some rattle all the same

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on May 16, 2014, 09:21:23 AM

Captain who will in all likelihood be record outfield caps holder after the world cup?

He will end up winning as much with his country as he has league titles with his club. Stuff of legend alright!

Is Paul McGrath a legend for Ireland? What about Shay Given?

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 16, 2014, 09:31:28 AM
Is Paul McGrath a legend for Ireland? What about Shay Given?

Man Utd fans will be flying this banner over our next game:

____          _
| __\_\_o___/_|           ------------------------------------------------
<[___\_\_-----<          |   ENGLAND LEGENDS 11 IRELAND LEGENDS 0  |
|  o'                             ------------------------------------------------

thebigfella

England will have to win the world cup and he'll have to play in every friendly and competitive game in order to have more caps than Beckham. Still 10 off Shilton though.

Collie Brolly

Gerrard is a joke.The slip masks his other big failing.
He goes missing when he's most needed.A sign of a weak player.With the exception of a fine header that ignited
the comeback n CL final in 05 he has consistently failed at club and international level when his team's need has been at it's greatest.Take the palace game as a classic example.He's the defensive midfielder,it's his job to protect that back 4.A real hardman midfielder would have shut that game down.Just killed it.The fact that the defence has been cruel this season and Gerrards job is to protect same back 4 seems to be lost on everyone.
As for Rodgers pathetic attempts to claim Liverpool didnt blow it because of their 14 game run in,the reality is that Liverpool were not in control of their destiny(title) until after the win against City.Their last 4 results were 3-2 v Norwich 2-0 Chelsea,3-3 Palace and 2-1 10 man joke of a team.So when the heat came on big time they couldnt handle it.Captain Fantastic included.
United fans taking joy in Liverpool's collapse and poking fun at Gerrard shows how much the club have fallen when this is all they can brag about.

J OGorman

Quote from: Collie Brolly on May 16, 2014, 12:14:57 PM
He goes missing when he's most needed.A sign of a weak player.With the exception of a fine header that ignited
the comeback n CL final in 05 he has consistently failed at club and international level when his team's need has been at it's greatest.Take the palace game as a classic example.He's the defensive midfielder,it's his job to protect that back 4.A real hardman midfielder would have shut that game down.Just killed it.The fact that the defence has been cruel this season and Gerrards job is to protect same back 4 seems to be lost on everyone.
As for Rodgers pathetic attempts to claim Liverpool didnt blow it because of their 14 game run in,the reality is that Liverpool were not in control of their destiny(title) until after the win against City.Their last 4 results were 3-2 v Norwich 2-0 Chelsea,3-3 Palace and 2-1 10 man joke of a team.So when the heat came on big time they couldnt handle it.Captain Fantastic included.
United fans taking joy in Liverpool's collapse and poking fun at Gerrard shows how much the club have fallen when this is all they can brag about.

Breathe man! Frig, you have it bad

deiseach

he has consistently failed at club and international level when his team's need has been at it's greatest.

AZOffaly

West Ham -0 Cup Final. Olimpiakos, CL. Istanbul. And several games this season, Fulham away in particular. And that's just off the top of my head. I think anyone that doesn't recognise what Gerrard has meant to Liverpool over the years just has something against Gerrard, or the English media's treatment of him. It's not Gerrard's fault that Liverpool have not won a league title since 1990. You can't win a league with 1,2 or 3 players playing well. You need a squad. A lot of his years at Anfield, Liverpool just haven't had that.

blewuporstuffed

Exactly what i thought of too deiseach, not to mention Olympicos when liverpool where heading out of the champions league, or his goal record in the big games against united & everton.

But carry on....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

Scoring in the 2001 Uefa Cup final, the 2003 League Cup final (against Man Utd, no less), in the penalty shoot-outs against West Ham in 2006 and Chelsea in 2007 . . . yeah, he's missed in penalty shoot-outs too and scored an own goal in the 2005 League Cup final against Chelsea, but the idea that he "goes missing when he's most needed" is self-evident claptrap.

Billys Boots

You're only humouring him by getting annoyed.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

EC Unique

Stevie me has been a massive player for Liverpool throughout his career. His biggest problem has been the dross surrounding him and he has also had to work with a couple of pathetic managers. He would have fitted into any of the PL winning teams of the last 10 odd years. I wonder does he secretly regret not going to Chelsea when the offer was there?

Is he a future Liverpool manager?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on May 16, 2014, 01:43:13 PM
Stevie me has been a massive player for Liverpool throughout his career. His biggest problem has been the dross surrounding him and he has also had to work with a couple of pathetic managers. He would have fitted into any of the PL winning teams of the last 10 odd years. I wonder does he secretly regret not going to Chelsea when the offer was there?

Couldnt see him as a potential manager to be honest, but you never know.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on May 16, 2014, 01:43:13 PM

oh dear