The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 16, 2014, 09:46:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2014, 09:06:13 PM
Apart from Julian Dicks, Paul.Stewart and Torben Piechnik?

Mark Walters, Neil Ruddock. He bought Saunders for £2.9m and sold him a year later for a loss of £600,000 which was a big relative loss and sold Beardsley to Everton.  ****

Don't be too hard on Ruddock. He did turn down Cantona's collar and complete that comeback against United! :P

J OGorman

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 16, 2014, 11:26:58 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 16, 2014, 03:54:34 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 16, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 16, 2014, 03:14:18 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 16, 2014, 03:06:53 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 16, 2014, 01:58:52 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 16, 2014, 01:43:13 PM
Stevie me has been a massive player for Liverpool throughout his career. His biggest problem has been the dross surrounding him and he has also had to work with a couple of pathetic managers. He would have fitted into any of the PL winning teams of the last 10 odd years. I wonder does he secretly regret not going to Chelsea when the offer was there?

Is he a future Liverpool manager?

oh dear

Why the Oh dear?
He would have won a few PL medals had he moved. Surely this would play on his mind?

Is success in a players career measured solely in medals?

Not at all and Stevie's loyalty is to be admired but every professional player's ambition has to be to win titles. If he ends his career without a league medal, which is looking very likely at this stage, can you name many better retired players that don't have one?

thats grand for folk who can pick a successful team to support eg Man Utd. Then, its all about the medals and bragging rights. If Gerrard had been born in the 80s he'd have to buy an extension for his back pocket. He played his entire career for his home town club (unlike the many many mercenaries jumping from big wage to bigger wage to win medals for a club they have no real emotional connection with) during a much more lean time in the clubs history, thems the breaks

he was

You'd have a fair idea I meant 'playing' ;-)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2014, 11:27:28 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 16, 2014, 09:46:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2014, 09:06:13 PM
Apart from Julian Dicks, Paul.Stewart and Torben Piechnik?

Mark Walters, Neil Ruddock. He bought Saunders for £2.9m and sold him a year later for a loss of £600,000 which was a big relative loss and sold Beardsley to Everton.  ****

Don't be too hard on Ruddock. He did turn down Cantona's collar and complete that comeback against United! :P

Was that in the FA Cup final of the White suits?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Collie Brolly

Individual moments of brilliance are well within the remit of all players.Goin missing when ur club and indeed career is at a defining moment is another.He bottled it and Liverpool bottled it.And he will go missing again in the World cup.As will Rooney.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Collie Brolly on May 17, 2014, 04:38:10 PM
Individual moments of brilliance are well within the remit of all players.Goin missing when ur club and indeed career is at a defining moment is another.He bottled it and Liverpool bottled it.And he will go missing again in the World cup.As will Rooney.

I'm not a liverpool fan and not a big stevie g fan but that's nonsense. Individual moments of brilliance are not well within the remit of all players. If a player pulls of a moment of "brilliance" once in their career then it's a fluke... If they do it many times then it's brilliance.

Sounds like a) a wind up or b) you're bitter about something...

deiseach

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2014, 04:44:34 PM
Quote from: Collie Brolly on May 17, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

I'm not a liverpool fan and not a big stevie g fan but that's nonsense. Individual moments of brilliance are not well within the remit of all players. If a player pulls of a moment of "brilliance" once in their career then it's a fluke... If they do it many times then it's brilliance.

Sounds like a) a wind up or b) you're bitter about something...

Carmen Stateside

Looks like Brendan getting his business done early. Emre Can looks like it's done according to reports in Germany. On YouTube he's fecking deadly!

laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 18, 2014, 02:24:50 PM
Looks like Brendan getting his business done early. Emre Can looks like it's done according to reports in Germany. On YouTube he's fecking deadly!
So was Voronin...!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

The first bit of business looks like it is done with a £10m deal seemingly agreed with "everkuesen for young DM Emre Can.  Looks like he will replace Lucas long term and with apparent interest from Inter for the Brazilian then now would be a good time to cash in.  Lucas has never really recovered from the last few injuries and if the same money being spent can be brought in then that would be great business.  Emre can also play LB. Ilori had a decent loan spell at Granada and will probably come back into the squad as Toures replacement.  Suso and Borini will also be decent squad additions.  3-4 first 11 players needed.

Carmen Stateside

Seen talk of Milner looking out of City. Think he would be a great signing. Arsenal seem to be favorites to get him.

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 18, 2014, 08:33:52 PM
The first bit of business looks like it is done with a £10m deal seemingly agreed with "everkuesen for young DM Emre Can.  Looks like he will replace Lucas long term and with apparent interest from Inter for the Brazilian then now would be a good time to cash in.  Lucas has never really recovered from the last few injuries and if the same money being spent can be brought in then that would be great business.  Emre can also play LB. Ilori had a decent loan spell at Granada and will probably come back into the squad as Toures replacement.  Suso and Borini will also be decent squad additions.  3-4 first 11 players needed.

See this is what I'm worried about though. This is a squad player, unless Gerrard is going to be dropped. I know Gerrard will be rested a lot, but I can't see Rodgers changing his system much from this season, which mean this lad will be a sub or a squad rotation type player. We need starting, first X1, defenders and I'd be trying for them first.

AZOffaly

PS Suarez shared the golden 'shoe' for Europe's top league goalscorer with Cristiano Ronaldo. 31 apiece.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2014, 01:11:25 PM

See this is what I'm worried about though. This is a squad player, unless Gerrard is going to be dropped. I know Gerrard will be rested a lot, but I can't see Rodgers changing his system much from this season, which mean this lad will be a sub or a squad rotation type player. We need starting, first X1, defenders and I'd be trying for them first.

from what i have seen of him (which is admittedly very little) he could fill in the henderson role as well. He looks like he could be a very usefull player in the squad and would be intended as someone who will push for a first team place
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2014, 01:11:25 PM

I know what you are saying but if it is a case that one in for say £10m and one out for a similar fee then it is good business as we would be getting a younger version with no real cost and presumably a saving in the wages category.  This would allow the real money to be spent on the starting players.  It is a long time till the end of August so no need to get knicker twisty just yet :P