The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on February 22, 2015, 06:26:18 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 10, 2015, 11:23:25 PM
Spurs still a point above Liverpool in the league.Thats what really matters! ;D
*cough*

He'll drift off into one horse race land next week till the rest of the season, they'll be out of Europe and Chelsea will have beaten them in the Carling Cup. 

Big 3 points but they are coming together well.  I think what has been so pleasing about the whole rum they are on at the minute  is that they have got the defence sorted.  Migs has 9 clean sheets this season which is ahead of Courtois, Harte, Loris and De Gea.  Only Foster and Forrester ahead of him.  For someone who had a major confidence crisis this is unreal,  obviously helped though by a better defensive unit.  Skrtel has been key to that and he was brilliant again today.  Rest and recuperation till Thursday and hopefully another professional away performance.  Coutinho is special.

Orior

Who were those posters calling for Rodgers to be sacked?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Liverpool will choke again when the chips are down,just like they did last season.Wouldnt be surprised if Besiktas dumped them out of Europa League this week too.

GJL

Quote from: T Fearon on February 22, 2015, 09:24:20 PM
Liverpool will choke again when the chips are down,just like they did last season.Wouldnt be surprised if Besiktas dumped them out of Europa League this week too.

I hope not. The longer they have the distraction of Europe the better. They are in great form at present.

From the Bunker

In fairness Spurs have a phenomenal record of fecking up finishing 4th and normally from great positions.  If Besiktas dump Liverpool out of Europe then that is bad news for Spurs/Man u. As a Spurs/Man U fan one would be wishing for Liverpool to go a couple more rounds of the competition and add to burn out!

deiseach

Liverpool's choke is better than anything Spuds have managed in the League since 1963. I'm sure they'll win the FA Cup in 2021 though because they always win it in a year ending in 1. Except when they don't.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on February 22, 2015, 10:58:28 PM
Liverpool's choke is better than anything Spuds have managed in the League since 1963. I'm sure they'll win the FA Cup in 2021 though because they always win it in a year ending in 1. Except when they don't.

Spurs only win in years beginning with 1.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 22, 2015, 10:26:19 PM

In fairness Spurs have a phenomenal record of fecking up finishing 4th and normally from great positions.  If Besiktas dump Liverpool out of Europe then that is bad news for Spurs/Man u. As a Spurs/Man U fan one would be wishing for Liverpool to go a couple more rounds of the competition and add to burn out!

Regardless of the Europa league one would have to fancy Pool to finish 4th at least now.  Lets be honest Pool have hit similar form to this time last year, 70 points will probably be enough for CL football which pool should be capable of getting that after getting 84 points last season. United on the other hand are pack of individuals that aren't performing to their ability & little evidence of a team. looking at Uniteds remaining fixtures they probably finish on mid 60 points, Spurs will finish in 6th or 7th i reckon.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

T Fearon

Tell you what if Liverpool do finish in the top four I will give them full credit and acknowledge Rogers as an excellent manager.Watched them at Old Trafford in December and they looked complete shite.Turnaround is quite impressive and Rogers has dealt extremely well with the pressure.

Sidney

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM
Tell you what if Liverpool do finish in the top four I will give them full credit and acknowledge Rogers as an excellent manager.Watched them at Old Trafford in December and they looked complete shite.Turnaround is quite impressive and Rogers has dealt extremely well with the pressure.
Liverpool had a hatful of excellent chances in that match, certainly enough to have won, and the scoreline didn't reflect the balance of play at all.

The form and fortunes of both teams have diverged significantly since then.

T Fearon

They never showed any belief that they could win

Minus15

laoislad

Quote from: Minus15 on February 24, 2015, 09:32:34 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on February 24, 2015, 04:05:52 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 22, 2015, 07:56:01 PM
Who were those posters calling for Rodgers to be sacked?

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/9728512/Brendan-Rodgers-Both-Genius-And-Pillock

jury still out

What a load of balls that was. A lot of opinion and not a lot of fact in there.
It was on F365 ffs! F365 is great for threads like Women over 40 you'd ruin and was brilliant last year with threads mocking Moyes but I wouldn't be taking it too seriously!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM

And whilst you acknowledge him as an excellent manager, perhaps you could also acknowledge the "D" in his surname.
That was never a square ball!!