Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

win the remaining fixtures and the title is ours. the returning philip jordan, peter loughran among others should spur the team on, but nothing is secured just yet!

Goats Do Shave

It'll come down to the Trillick game.

Can't see the other teams putting in too much effort at this time of the year!

orangeman

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 17, 2008, 11:01:18 AM
It'll come down to the Trillick game.

Can't see the other teams putting in too much effort at this time of the year!

What's in it for Trillick ?

Goats Do Shave

Fuzzman

Looks like the Clanns have blown their chance to win the league anyway and could probably finish 3rd now depending on how Moy and Trillick fair in their remaining 3/4 games.

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t8.php?userid=28&leaguetable=1&report=1&reporttype=mixresults&compid=5810&tab=1&countyid=28&club_id=&sportid=1

Its disappointing after doing so well earlier in the year but Dooher has put in a lot to the county this year and is struggling with injury again now I believe.

Are you sure FW?
If Trillick lose to you but win all other games then have ye not the same No of points?
Does it come down to score diff or a play-off match?

I'd say most other teams aren't too interested in even fielding this time of year are they?

Final Whistle

That table does nt look near right fuzz. I was under the impression that winning the remaining fixtures gauranteed the league title. correct me somebody if im wrong.

a lot of teams will have packed it in for the winter. trillick may not even want any interference in their ulster quest. another fine win for them-fair play, but im green with envy at the same time.

the road from pomeroy to gortin does not have pot holes but huge chasims in the middle of the road. DRSNI you theiving fu cks!!!

Final Whistle

clanns still have to play trillick too???

maybe you could do us a favour fuzz? :D

Fuzzman

How much we talking FW?

I believe we need Trillick to beat ye otherwise we miss out on promotion so I don't think its looking good.

We lost our top scorer Gareth McDermott a few months ago as he's overseas and its all been downhill since Stewartstown beat us in the championship 5 days after the AI final.

Final Whistle

i noticed his absence yesterday, yous looked one dimensional and when the moy employed a sweeper in front of o'neill it was game over really.

great year in division 2, was a great division with some strong performances from stewartstown, trillick and gortin (second half of season) and urney.

Our toughest games in the league were against a dogged greencastle and an economical stewartstown.

I thought pomeroy would have been stronger. started brightly against us but seemed to be more interested in their hair styles and fell away in the second half!! ;D ;D

Congrats to Eskra, rock, greencastle on surviving the drop in a tough division.

feetofflames

Clonoe are a joke they havent competed since they won the O neill cup.  They are putting out non competitive teams wherever they play.  An absolute disgrace.  The leagues this year have been a total absolute farce, but the county champions will receive no favours next year the way they have conducted themselves. 
Chief Wiggum

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: feetofflames on November 17, 2008, 01:08:11 PM
Clonoe are a joke they havent competed since they won the O neill cup.  They are putting out non competitive teams wherever they play.  An absolute disgrace.  The leagues this year have been a total absolute farce, but the county champions will receive no favours next year the way they have conducted themselves. 

Bar 3 teams, none of the rest will be able to do anything to sicken us. We have busted a gut all year long and with suspensions, injuries, flu's and players at uni in England we have no control over the availability of players. Now if the county board ensure the league was played at the right time of year, we would all be happy.

clarshack

didnt cookstown relegate clonoe in 2006? clonoe now have a chance for revenge? if there's anything in the rahilly's they should put it in for this game.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: clarshack on November 17, 2008, 01:45:05 PM

didnt cookstown relegate clonoe in 2006? clonoe now have a chance for revenge? if there's anything in the rahilly's they should put it in for this game.

we reledated ourselves. Pure rubbish. Also it was play off, with the winner staying up and the loser going down. Its not like Cookstoown were completely safe and decided to beat us just to put us down. It was play off. Nobody but ourselves to blame.

orangeman

The leagues were very competitive until end of June -

Once teams were put out of the championship, those who were safe didn't really compete as the league was really between Dromore and Carrickmore, with Clonoe having a squeak - but Clonoe won the BIG prize this year and it was their perogative whether to go for the league or not.

Surely that should be understood - they've put in a big year and deserved their reward.

And very gracious of KYMI to say that Clonoe relegated themselves in the play off.

I know the leagues have degenerated into a farce whereby relagation issues are decided on teams either throwing points or not being competitive.

Tyrone won the minor and senior AI's and surely this must explain most of the reasons why we're still playing in November.

amongthebushes

This weeks fixtures

Sun 23rd 1pm
Donaghmore v Dromore
Eglish v Aghyaran
Cookstown v Clonoe

Thurs 27th 7.30pm
Clonoe v Galbally