Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO 4

E-Ciarian will play Coalisland in the U21 semi final this Sunday, with Ardboe getting a  bye into the county final .

Final Whistle

QuoteCan anyone post the article in yesterdays Irish News about the Club conference in Belfast at the weekend ?

Mark Conway giving out about the clubs paying managers and says it's a huge threat to our very existence.

If anyone has it, can they post it please ?

Clubs play managers???????? :o :o :o

Zapatista

Quote from: feetofflames on November 18, 2008, 09:34:42 AM
Have they not to play at least 2 games after or are those points given as well.

They are hardly given at this stage. If Dromore are beat and Carmen win it's all over.

Zapatista

Quote from: tieroan on November 18, 2008, 10:41:42 AM
As a Fianna man with a slight allengence for Carmen, I think it would be a little unfair if Carrickmore were pipped for the league title at this stage for a couple of reason.
The main one is that they accomodated the GAC in mid summer by playing games without Conor Gormley. A Carrickmore player told me that they might as well as they had been lucky with injuries this year and lads were hungary to play football. What do the GAC do to repay them? They make them play a game against Eglish at the same time as Ulster played Munster in the interprovs. Carrickmore had an extremley weakened team due to suspensions and injuries that day and really need Gormley (who had left under the assumption that they game was posponed and did not know it had been played until after the Ulster match. At the same time Clann na Gael were able to get their game off as they had players playing for Ulster. Carmen drew the game with Eglish.
The other reason, should a team go through a whole league campaign without losing and not get the chance of a league playoff. Incidently, the last time Carmen were beat in a league match (not a play off) was 35 games ago by the Fianna.

I say fair play to Carmen too and it was unfair they had to play Eglish without Gormley but the rest of your post can apply to Dromore too. Dromore had 4 on the Tyrone panel. Didn't Dromore beat them in the final in 07?

orangeman

Terrible news for Donaghmore and Tyrone. He's a great lad with a great attitude.

McCaul facing 12-month lay-off
18 November 2008

All-Ireland champions Tyrone have suffered a blow with the news that defender Damien McCaul looks set to miss all of next season after damaging cruciate ligaments while playing for UUJ in the Ryan Cup last week.

The damage was confirmed following a visit to the Ulster Hospital in Dundonald last Friday and it is expected that he will undergo surgery in the next few weeks when the swelling of the knee goes down.

The Donaghmore clubman suffered the injury during UUJ's Ryan Cup quarter-final win over DIT last Wednesday, causing the game to be delayed for over half an hour as the players and management waited for an ambulance to arrive.
He featured in five championship games for the Red Hands this summer, and was first choice corner back in their Ulster championship opener against Down at Omagh.

orangeman

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on November 18, 2008, 11:08:04 AM
E-Ciarian will play Coalisland in the U21 semi final this Sunday, with Ardboe getting a  bye into the county final .

A bye into the final - Clonoe must have pulled out.

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 11:33:37 AM

Famous double on the cards OM? The east are flying.

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on November 18, 2008, 11:58:08 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 18, 2008, 11:33:37 AM

Famous double on the cards OM? The east are flying.

I'm hearing that Clonoe pulled out of the competition - the year has really dragged on. But as I said when you win the AI minor and senior, that's good enough excuse.

billy the kid

Does anyone know where you could see the McCrory Cup tables at?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Wee Roddy

Tieroan get your jinxy paws off the keyboard Will ye! >:( Carmen are certain to be beat tomorrow night now.

Kiddo is right for once, there is no silverware in that run, if indeed it is that many games.

Zaptista, I think he was saying this run excluded playoffs. How many games did Dromore play without the county players then?

All in all, its irrelevant. As far as our players are concerned, the league is over and its not worth winning after the way it has been handled this year. If Carmen beat Errigal tomorrow night and Dromore win all their remaining games, this will be the scenario
Carrickmore will have lost no games, drew 2 and will still lose the league to Dromore, despite the fact that Dromore will not fulfill all their fixtures, probably not playing against Omagh or Clonoe.

I feel more for Donaghmore than ourselves because they may face the prospect of intermediate football next year because of the decision to give the players football without McCaul and McKenna.

Zapatista

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 18, 2008, 12:54:30 PM

Zaptista, I think he was saying this run excluded playoffs. How many games did Dromore play without the county players then?

All in all, its irrelevant. As far as our players are concerned, the league is over and its not worth winning after the way it has been handled this year. If Carmen beat Errigal tomorrow night and Dromore win all their remaining games, this will be the scenario
Carrickmore will have lost no games, drew 2 and will still lose the league to Dromore, despite the fact that Dromore will not fulfill all their fixtures, probably not playing against Omagh or Clonoe.

Fair enough if he was excluding them.

I completely agree that Carmen were hard done by in the Eglish game. It was a disgracful decision to make.

If Dromore had have played their games they would have been missing four county men. It is not unreasonable for them to wait and CArmen don't deserve to win the league just for playing on without Block. You seem to be forgetting Dromore are unbeaten to date too. If their fixtures are not filled it is not Dromores problem and it would be unfair to suggest that they would probably lose a game if all the fixtures were filled. The system has failed Carmen and Dromore are not responsible for that. In saying all that Carmen could still win the league.

Wee Roddy

Zap, if Dromore win the league, they deserve it. Off coarse it is not their fault. Dont take what a Coalisland man says as the general belief around Carrickmore. I was not at the Eglish league game but even without Conor and whoever else was missing, there would have been men playing who were not on in the championship. This should have drove them on, not looking for excuses before the game starts.

goal and a point

Dromore are surviving well without mccullagh at the minue - he is injured, 2 county minors - one injured and one susended. Maybe they have greater strength in depth

Zapatista

As Roddy said it's not even about who wins it (I would love for Dromore to win it) it's about how it has been run.