Started by Shrewdness, June 22, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Yes and yes.
Obviously we weren't expecting to have a County game on the 4/5th July :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

John Joe Nerney, AI winner at senior and minor, has died. Rest in peace to the great man:

Shrewdness

Rip John Joe, and yesterday Dermot Earley's anniversary.

Farrandeelin

Does this game clash with the Ros minor game? If so it's bad planning on behalf of the fixture makers...what's new there says you??!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 24, 2015, 09:58:39 PM
Does this game clash with the Ros minor game? If so it's bad planning on behalf of the fixture makers...what's new there says you??!

I assume the minor game will be pushed back to Sunday given this one has been given the TV treatment and is unlikely to be changed. No way the minor game can clash with the senior one.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 10:12:53 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 24, 2015, 09:58:39 PM

I assume the minor game will be pushed back to Sunday given this one has been given the TV treatment and is unlikely to be changed. No way the minor game can clash with the senior one.

In 2010 the Mayo minors and seniors were playing the same day. Minors won, seniors lost that game to Longford which was JOM's last stand...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

giveballaghback

Leitrim next Saturday have a minor match in Carrick and a senior match in Louth, the gaa should have more respect for supporters and families.

theyellowbus

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 03:10:44 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 24, 2015, 03:03:10 PM
Wooly and Moyles have Evans awful abuse on OTB Monday nite, I've rarely heard them go to town on someone like that before. Placed the blame firmly at his door for Saturday

Am I the only one that thinks in an either/or scenario, in the longer term, it would benefit Roscommon a lot more to be doing well in the league, consolidate Div 1 for a couple of years rather than winning championship matches.

Blah. It wasn't Evans making basic passing errors or missing gilt-edged goal chances. If we'd just executed the chances we did create to any degree of efficiency we'd have at least drew if not won the match. Blaming the management alone after a performance like that is just radio noise. The panel certainly isn't happy with the abuse Cake laid at Evans' door. Not helpful nor wanted.

Are you serious?
I watched the second half again last night and in the first ten minutes of that half the amount of ball that we lost through poor hand passing,unbelievable wayward shooting and poor decision making was criminal.
After the first half we had any management worth their salt at half time would at least try and change a couple of things tactically and try and motivate the lads into showing a bit more hunger and desire.
We were still at the same game of running the ball through the middle hoping that one of our inside men got enough space to get a shot away.
We had no width,we failed to exploit or create any space and we were way too pedestrian.
The vast majority of the blame lies with the management and anyone who says that the management is clear of any blame is in dreamland

Rossfan

Minor game now on Friday night I believe.

The Black Mamba

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2015, 09:43:28 AM
Minor game now on Friday night I believe.
7:30 in the Hyde.

Shrewdness

I thought the venue depended on who we're playing. If it's Leitrim, we're away. If it's Sligo, we're at home.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 25, 2015, 09:52:22 AM
I thought the venue depended on who we're playing. If it's Leitrim, we're away. If it's Sligo, we're at home.

Yep. Also very unlikely we can play a minor semi-final where extra-time is to be played in the event of a draw at a floodlight-less Hyde at 7:30pm. Kiltoom is sure to be the venue if Sligo win.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2015, 12:41:35 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on June 25, 2015, 09:52:22 AM

Yep. Also very unlikely we can play a minor semi-final where extra-time is to be played in the event of a draw at a floodlight-less Hyde at 7:30pm. Kiltoom is sure to be the venue if Sligo win.

On top of having the greatest senior team ever assembled and a shinny bus they must also have their own planet rotation if it gets dark before 9.30 the first week in July.  But hey any excuse for you to talk up Kiltoom and Brigids eventhough you live the other side of the province in Mayo

Rossfan

EFF off and moan about the venue for the Connacht Final.

cavan4sam

I was in Kiltoom for the league game between Cavan and Roscommon and nice and all as the grounds are, the pitch is so small and tight and not suited to intercounty football in my opinion.