Cavan v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, June 22, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on June 22, 2015, 10:13:01 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 22, 2015, 10:05:54 AM
I can sense the tension between Itchy & Syferus building.
There needs to be a reckoning of some sort.
I think that if Cavan win, Syferus shouldn't post for a month.
And if Roscommon win, Itchy (& Syferus) shouldn't post for a month.
It's put your money where your mouth is time.

I can just use the Rossfan account anyways.
Or Larryin89
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mac2

Quote from: Jinxy on June 22, 2015, 10:05:54 AM
I can sense the tension between Itchy & Syferus building.
There needs to be a reckoning of some sort.
I think that if Cavan win, Syferus shouldn't post for a month.
And if Roscommon win, Itchy (& Syferus) shouldn't post for a month.
It's put your money where your mouth is time.
Itchy & Scratchy more like

macdanger2

If this was in the Hyde, I'd fancy Ros -2 or -3 to win even after the disappointment on Saturday. With it in Breffni, it's Cavan -1 imo

Shamrock Shore

QuoteGood man shamrock, old age getting to ya.

Jayses - I cannot be expected to remember all these matches with our mightier neighbouring counties. I secretly hoped we'd get Ros so I could see the bus up close.

The craic on here will be mighty.

*pulls over chair*

Rossfan

As Willie would sat it's full duck or no dinner time.
No soft rehab draw for us.
Two teams in or around the same place in recent years - improved, decent underage teams but no sign of making the next step up.
Whoever is most tuned in and has appetite will win this one.
If we haven't and can't raise from the Markypark debacle then we're as well out of it.
Major reappraisal time in that event.
Sham Shore has obviously forgotten the great Cavan/Ros games of 43/44/47/62 and 2014.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 22, 2015, 11:04:18 AM

Jayses - I cannot be expected to remember all these matches with our mightier neighbouring counties. I secretly hoped we'd get Ros so I could see the bus up close.

*pulls over chair*

If ye win and the Rossies don't, I'd imagine they'd give you the use of the bus for the summer.
It'd be a shame to have her lying idle.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shrewdness

Itchy, only one person mentioned Ros and All Ireland's in the same breath, and even then, it wasn't going to happen for 3-4 years. Most Gaa people in Roscommon cringed when he made that comment.. Anyway, what was that score in Breffni last year?  0-16 to 0-05 to Ros last year or something like that. It will be interesting to see where things stand now. This morning, it feels like the 'Roscommon Project' under John Evans is broken..Can he fix it in 2 weeks?

muppet

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 22, 2015, 11:04:18 AM

*pulls over chair*

MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 22, 2015, 11:41:12 AM
Itchy, only one person mentftp://ioned Ros and All Ireland's in the same breath, and even then, it wasn't going to happen for 3-4 years. Most Gaa people in Roscommon cringed when he made that comment.. Anyway, what was that score in Breffni last year?  0-16 to 0-05 to Ros last year or something like that. It will be interesting to see where things stand now. This morning, it feels like the 'Roscommon Project' under John Evans is broken..Can he fix it in 2 weeks?

But he wasn't just any old person, he was your manager.

mylestheslasher

Happy enough with the draw as it is time for Cavan to beat a decent team again. I see it as being a close one and I would look to the recent league meeting rather than last years game when half our team was missing. It will probably come down to who is the hardest working and hungriest team. I think on the day that might just be Cavan and so I'll go for a narrow Cavan win.

weareros

Nothing like a tough away game to focus the mind again. Agree last year's game has no bearing. On relevant performances to date:

League: A draw, but Cavan should have won. Advantage Cavan
Provincial Championship Performance: Cavan unlucky to lose to high flying Monaghan. Ros well beaten. Advantage Cavan.
Respective Performances against London: Cavan convincing winners. Ros outplayed by London for much of game. Advantage Cavan.

Verdict: Ros by 5 ;)

GrandMasterFlash

Dunne and Clarke would be a big miss for Cavan, if they are ruled out?

Shrewdness

What's the story with Dunne and Clarke?

mrdeeds

Dunne dislocated ankle. Not sure on Clarke.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Itchy on June 22, 2015, 12:01:42 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on June 22, 2015, 11:41:12 AM
Itchy, only one person mentftp://ioned Ros and All Ireland's in the same breath, and even then, it wasn't going to happen for 3-4 years. Most Gaa people in Roscommon cringed when he made that comment.. Anyway, what was that score in Breffni last year?  0-16 to 0-05 to Ros last year or something like that. It will be interesting to see where things stand now. This morning, it feels like the 'Roscommon Project' under John Evans is broken..Can he fix it in 2 weeks?

But he wasn't just any old person, he was your manager.

I think the media took John Evans comments out of context at the time. No harm talking big even Longford,Tipp have done that. From what i recall the key point of what he said was if they stayed in division one for a few years and on that display Saturday night it looks like a bigger if now.

Cavan off the back two good championship performances Roscommon off the back of two poor performances. I'll be surprised if Cavan with home advantage don't win this qualifier.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose