Cavan v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, June 22, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Any wild rumours, any one leaving the panel, will we have 21 fit players, will Evans be packing his bags?
Will our lads be like wounded lions and take it out on Cavan or will they just go through the motions and get it all over with?
Are we mice or men?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theyellowbus

A lot of rumours about unrest and so on after the abysmal performance on Saturday but you always hear that after a dire showing.
Hard to know how we will lift ourselves up after the Sligo defeat.Hats off to the management if they get the guys to put in a solid effort with a win.
I cant see it though our last performance was so bad it was unbelievable the 09 massacre in castlebar comes to mind in terms of performance.
If we look at the form of both teams in this years championship Cavan pushed a good Monaghan side all the way and with a bit more conviction might have won.
They then win a game they were expected to win fairly convincing with a big score to boot.
We limp past the same opposition in the same venue and we put in the most spineless effort then against a side which seemingly struggled in Div 3.
A professional gambler would only bet on one side in this tie I'm afraid.
Our confidence has to be low so its going to take a mammoth effort to get that up to where it should be before this game and I don't think we have the personnel either in the management or the players to do that.
Cavan by 5 for me.

Syferus

Quote from: theyellowbus on June 24, 2015, 01:10:39 PM
A lot of rumours about unrest and so on after the abysmal performance on Saturday but you always hear that after a dire showing.
Hard to know how we will lift ourselves up after the Sligo defeat.Hats off to the management if they get the guys to put in a solid effort with a win.
I cant see it though our last performance was so bad it was unbelievable the 09 massacre in castlebar comes to mind in terms of performance.
If we look at the form of both teams in this years championship Cavan pushed a good Monaghan side all the way and with a bit more conviction might have won.
They then win a game they were expected to win fairly convincing with a big score to boot.
We limp past the same opposition in the same venue and we put in the most spineless effort then against a side which seemingly struggled in Div 3.
A professional gambler would only bet on one side in this tie I'm afraid.
Our confidence has to be low so its going to take a mammoth effort to get that up to where it should be before this game and I don't think we have the personnel either in the management or the players to do that.
Cavan by 5 for me.

The 'professional gamblers' have it exactly level..

Rossfan

Depends whether we're right on the day or not.
If last Saturday was a one off load of sh1te of underestimating Sligo and preparing for the CF then I'd give us every chance of winning this one.
However if there are deeper problems bubbling with players/management  or whatever then it's Cavan to win handy.

sligoman

Will this game be on TV?

Cavan look in a better position this year than they were in the Championship last year. Very hard to call, probably will have a lot to do with who have their best players fit and available.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman on June 24, 2015, 02:43:53 PM
Will this game be on TV?

Cavan look in a better position this year than they were in the Championship last year. Very hard to call, probably will have a lot to do with who have their best players fit and available.

Live on RTE 5pm Saturday the 4th.

rodney trotter

Cavan were hit badly last year in the championship with Injuries and players gone to America for the summer. No players went this year, Rory Dunne will be a loss and probaly Killian Clarke. The panel is quite strong so hopefully not that big a loss.

Mayo4Sam

Wooly and Moyles have Evans awful abuse on OTB Monday nite, I've rarely heard them go to town on someone like that before. Placed the blame firmly at his door for Saturday

Am I the only one that thinks in an either/or scenario, in the longer term, it would benefit Roscommon a lot more to be doing well in the league, consolidate Div 1 for a couple of years rather than winning championship matches.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rossfan

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 24, 2015, 03:03:10 PM
Wooly and Moyles have Evans awful abuse on OTB Monday nite,

These lads must have managed a good few teams??

Syferus

Wooly and Moyles have Evans awful abuse on OTB Monday nite, I've rarely heard them go to town on someone like that before. Placed the blame firmly at his door for Saturday

Am I the only one that thinks in an either/or scenario, in the longer term, it would benefit Roscommon a lot more to be doing well in the league, consolidate Div 1 for a couple of years rather than winning championship matches.

Blah. It wasn't Evans making basic passing errors or missing gilt-edged goal chances. If we'd just executed the chances we did create to any degree of efficiency we'd have at least drew if not won the match. Blaming the management alone after a performance like that is just radio noise. The panel certainly isn't happy with the abuse Cake laid at Evans' door. Not helpful nor wanted.

rodney trotter

Cake should probaly stop with Twitter. He was tweeting about Tipp being handy opponents for Roscommon in the u21 final - before Roscommon played Tyrone.

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 24, 2015, 03:17:28 PM
Cake should probaly stop with Twitter. He was tweeting about Tipp being handy opponents for Roscommon in the u21 final - before Roscommon played Tyrone.

In fairness to him that as a joke in response to someone he knew from Tipp iirc. Plenty of things you can criticise Cake for without choosing something that wasn't what you thought.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 03:10:44 PM

Blah. It wasn't Evans making basic passing errors or missing gilt-edged goal chances. If we'd just executed the chances we did create to any degree of efficiency we'd have at least drew if not won the match. Blaming the management alone after a performance like that is just radio noise. The panel certainly isn't happy with the abuse Cake laid at Evans' door. Not helpful nor wanted.
Exactly. Some of the misses were hard to believe.

The thing is though, the game was lost and there are questions that need answering. In many ways Roscommon's season could peter out much like Cavan's last year if they're not up for it. I suspect they will be and will win.

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2015, 03:10:44 PM

Would you be close to the panel Syf?
Tell Cregger I said to keep her lit.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shrewdness

Am i correct in saying that there was going to be a full round of Senior and Intermediate Championship matches in Ros this weekend? But they have been cancelled and replaced by a round of league fixtures, where presumably, no county players will take part....Donie Shine's absence last weekend was due to concussion suffered the weekend before in a training session, which required a night in hospital.