Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: David McKeown on May 23, 2011, 10:52:52 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 23, 2011, 04:59:50 PM
Lib Dem MP John Hemmings named Giggs as the person at the centre of the Imogen Thomas injunction under parliamentary privilege.  He also named Giles Coren as the journalist threatened with jail for revealing on Twitter the name of another Premiership footballer with a super injunction.  The Guardian say they have taken legal advice and have been cleared to name Giggs.  http://www.guardian.co.uk/.

Update:  After also taking legal advice the BBC names Giggs as the man at the centre of the super injunction.

In The clip I heard on the radio earlier he actually said something along the lines of" Ryan Giggs is the Premiership player 75,000 people have said on Twitter is the one with the super injunction, and it's impracticable to lock them up for breach of the injunction".  That's fairly different from Ryan Giggs is the player with the super injunction. As a result from a legal point view I'm surprised at how the media have reported it

I'm all for super injunctions by the way

By naming Giggs they have breached the injunction...ergo...Giggs is the one with the injunction??

Mario

Quote from: AQMP on May 24, 2011, 09:12:40 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on May 23, 2011, 10:52:52 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 23, 2011, 04:59:50 PM
Lib Dem MP John Hemmings named Giggs as the person at the centre of the Imogen Thomas injunction under parliamentary privilege.  He also named Giles Coren as the journalist threatened with jail for revealing on Twitter the name of another Premiership footballer with a super injunction.  The Guardian say they have taken legal advice and have been cleared to name Giggs.  http://www.guardian.co.uk/.

Update:  After also taking legal advice the BBC names Giggs as the man at the centre of the super injunction.

In The clip I heard on the radio earlier he actually said something along the lines of" Ryan Giggs is the Premiership player 75,000 people have said on Twitter is the one with the super injunction, and it's impracticable to lock them up for breach of the injunction".  That's fairly different from Ryan Giggs is the player with the super injunction. As a result from a legal point view I'm surprised at how the media have reported it

I'm all for super injunctions by the way

By naming Giggs they have breached the injunction...ergo...Giggs is the one with the injunction??

Some parlimentary right, you are allowed to talk about anything without fear of prosecution. I'm sure there is more fancy legal speak for it but thats the basics i think

David McKeown

No I understand parliamentary privilege what I am saying is the MP didn't name Ryan Giggs as the player with the injunction in the same way as other MP's named  Goodwin last week. What the MP actually did was say Giggs is the player Twitter users have named. He then implied that was correct. From a legal point of view I am surprised the BBC and the Guardian for reporting the story as 'MP names Giggs as the premiership player with the injunction' or worse still 'Giggs is the player with the injunction'. I would have thought both those types of reports would have been in breach of the Super Injunction.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AQMP

Quote from: David McKeown on May 24, 2011, 09:53:46 AM
No I understand parliamentary privilege what I am saying is the MP didn't name Ryan Giggs as the player with the injunction in the same way as other MP's named  Goodwin last week. What the MP actually did was say Giggs is the player Twitter users have named. He then implied that was correct. From a legal point of view I am surprised the BBC and the Guardian for reporting the story as 'MP names Giggs as the premiership player with the injunction' or worse still 'Giggs is the player with the injunction'. I would have thought both those types of reports would have been in breach of the Super Injunction.

Amazingly since the injunction is still (technically) in place Imogen Thomas cannot name Ryan Giggs as the footballer she claims to have had an affair with.  Law, ass etc.

I see the drip, drip of news has started with Giggs.  One paper reports that before becoming involved with Giggs, his now wife Stacey Cook, was engaged to Giggs' "best friend".

Shagging your best mate's missus??  He really is a lowlife tr**p ;)

Best of all, the law firm Giggs used to make a balls of keeping his name out of the papers was...Schillings!

ludermor

There seems to be a lot of info leaking about Giggs alright and some of it old news, i wonder why all this wasnt released last year in the lead up to the BBC sports personality of the year ? Surely would have been a biiger scoop then

magpie seanie

Great stuff last night with the Youth Cup victory. Hopefully Ravel Morrison can settle his head and go on to deliver on his undoubted promise along with a couple of others.

Gary Neville's testimonial tonight. Hope he gets a great evening which is fully deserved, a fantastic career and brilliant professional. Looking forward to him on Sky next season.

Doogie Browser

I see Sky are showing his testimonial live also, not often they would do that.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: ross4life on May 23, 2011, 09:54:26 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 23, 2011, 09:43:28 PM
Jesus, United breaking records at all levels  ;)    :D :D :D

It's the best youth team I've seen at United.  In saying that, I've only been watching the youth team for 6/7 years but this team is certainly the cream of the crop. 

In terms of talent Pogba and Morrisson are immense.  Hopefully Morrisson will sort his head out and realise what he has got.  I'm pretty certain Pogba will play at a very high level.

Also, Tunnicliffe has been brilliant all season.  His tackling, attitude and surging runs have been great.  Definitely the heartbeat of the team. 

I'm more than hopeful that 2/3 of these lads will go on to be United regulars in a few years.

The conveyor belt and trophies just keep on rollin  ;D

Morrison wouldn't look out of place in the class of 92! once Ravel gets under fergie's wing he'll be alright, i agree... immense talent that's coming through that will surely save United millions & Fergie won't retire until alot of these young guys are established senior players.

Is that in Strangeways??  ;)

orangeman

snoopdog

Lads whats the feeings for Sat night.
Im unsure as to whether stay in and watch it, or head to a pub in the City(Dublin) to see the game.
I cant stand all those ABU knobs so would like a pretty exclusive united pub. any ideas.
where is everyone watching it unless you have been lucky enough to get a ticket for Wembley

mrsandman

Quote from: AQMP on May 24, 2011, 10:07:24 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on May 24, 2011, 09:53:46 AM

Amazingly since the injunction is still (technically) in place Imogen Thomas cannot name Ryan Giggs as the footballer she claims to have had an affair with.  Law, ass etc.

I see the drip, drip of news has started with Giggs.  One paper reports that before becoming involved with Giggs, his now wife Stacey Cook, was engaged to Giggs' "best friend".

Shagging your best mate's missus??  He really is a lowlife tr**p ;)

Best of all, the law firm Giggs used to make a balls of keeping his name out of the papers was...Schillings!

You posted this on the ryan giggs thread as well, would you get over it...you have little to be doing if all you have to talk about is who ryan giggs' wife was engaged to! Sure wasnt JT married when peronncell came a calling..his mates GF, Stevy G has been at it as well, at least our Cashley went for better looking girls than his wife...NOT!

I say let them at it, we're football fans...so F**k you away off and watch the soaps if u want drama  ;)
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Blowitupref

Quote from: snoopdog on May 24, 2011, 03:53:01 PM
Im unsure as to whether stay in and watch it, or head to a pub in the City(Dublin) to see the game.
I cant stand all those ABU knobs so would like a pretty exclusive united pub. any ideas.
where is everyone watching it unless you have been lucky enough to get a ticket for Wembley

If you happen to be at home for the CL final why not organize a house party with a BBQ during the afternoon.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

laoislad

Don't forget to wear your turban.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2011, 05:26:23 PM

Don't forget to wear your turban.

Laoislad's lady friend ;)

She must have had you earlier  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea