Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: ross4life on May 24, 2011, 10:16:13 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 24, 2011, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 24, 2011, 08:09:37 PM
Scholes taken off after 30mins does that mean he'll be on the bench on Saturday?

Hard to know R4L.

I think the first XI on Sat pretty much picks itself, I don't think Fletcher will make it.

VDS

Fabio
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Giggs
Park

Rooney
Hernandez

And in the subs I think Kuz, O'Shea, Smalling, Anderson, Nani and Berbatov are all certs.

That leaves one place between Scholes, Gibson, Owen and Fletcher.  Depends whether Sir Alex wants to go with another striker or midfielder.  I'd say Fletcher will make the last slot.

Is it just me or does Fletcher look puffy in the face? shame he picked up that illness as like 09 final United could do with someone like him midfield. Rafael is sure to be pushing hard for a spot on the bench too.

I'd say that starting 11 is nailed on. Rooney will drift out a lot leaving pea up front.

On another note. If you could take back one player from the past to play on Sat who would it be?  Keane for me.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

I wonder how much those "trophies" cost?? here's the before pic
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Orangemac

Quote from: EC Unique on May 24, 2011, 10:23:41 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 24, 2011, 10:16:13 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on May 24, 2011, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: ross4life on May 24, 2011, 08:09:37 PM
Scholes taken off after 30mins does that mean he'll be on the bench on Saturday?

Hard to know R4L.

I think the first XI on Sat pretty much picks itself, I don't think Fletcher will make it.

VDS

Fabio
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Giggs
Park

Rooney
Hernandez

And in the subs I think Kuz, O'Shea, Smalling, Anderson, Nani and Berbatov are all certs.

That leaves one place between Scholes, Gibson, Owen and Fletcher.  Depends whether Sir Alex wants to go with another striker or midfielder.  I'd say Fletcher will make the last slot.

Is it just me or does Fletcher look puffy in the face? shame he picked up that illness as like 09 final United could do with someone like him midfield. Rafael is sure to be pushing hard for a spot on the bench too.

I'd say that starting 11 is nailed on. Rooney will drift out a lot leaving pea up front.

On another note. If you could take back one player from the past to play on Sat who would it be?  Keane for me.
Is there any chance Fergie will surprise everyone and play Rooney up front on his own to get an extra body in midfield (Scholes??)
United will have to try and keep the ball as long as possible and Scholes is still the best at this. If Utd are still in the game with 30 mins to go the last thing Barca want would be Hernandez buzzing around.

118cmal

I really can't see Ferguson changing the system.  I think Rooney and Hernandez will play.  Rooney has been so effective in the last couple of months due to Hernandez's involvement.  Normally to defend against someone who plays in Rooney's position the defence plays a high line and squeezes the space in which he operates.  It's very risky to play a high line against Hernandez though because he's so fast and such a lethal finisher.

I can't see the lineup changing from the chelsea game.

The only doubt for me is whether O'Shea will play at RB instead of Fabio.  I think Fabio will get the nod.

Milltown Row2

Scholes is a liability now, has lost some of that vision, his passes have gone astray lately. If he was sent off that would end the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

beer baron

I'd definitely have Scholes on the bench,if we were ahead coming into the last 20 or 30 minutes put him on to keep posession he's still the best passer in the Utd side in my opinion!

Milltown Row2

Seriously? Would Fergie keep him for loyalty or have no problem dropping him?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Scholes can also do this v Barcelona http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-5Yp54NFZ8 & that might come into fergies thinking when picking the squad for Sat.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 24, 2011, 11:23:46 PM
Seriously? Would Fergie keep him for loyalty or have no problem dropping him?

Fergie's strength over the years has been his ruthlessness. He has never been afraid to axe a big name. It would be tight on Scholes as he has already missed out on one CL final.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

David McKeown

What about Fletcher or Valencia at right back? Don't think it will happen but OShea is poor and the twins are still a little raw
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

new devil

Thats a very good shout, he was brilliant when he played there against Chelsea..Them 3 don't fill me with confidence at all
So that would leave a midfield of                         VDS               

Valencia  Rio  Vidic   Evra

Nani  Giggs  Carrick  Park

Rooney

Lil pea

That team makes me even more confident  :)

new devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SqCrZdAQk&feature=player_embedded

Surprised there hasn't been any talk about us signing De Gea on here..Great young keeper

new devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3htTTa5v4k&feature=player_embedded

On his bed in Rechts der Isar Matt Busby slowly whispered five words to his assistant Jimmy Murphy:
"Keep the flag flying Jimmy."
50 years on destiny took us to Moscow, for Matt and for the Babes.
Manchester United will never die

Lump in the throat stuff that video.....I hope Saturday is another great chapter in Uniteds history but if not we'll still have plenty more  :)