The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Coates couldn't be any worse than what is there at the minute
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Jesus Liverpool would fall into a barrel of diddies and come out sucking their thumb. Dominated that half from start to finish and concede a goal like that? I'd be sick!!!

What are Arsenal playing at... looks like they don't seem to care if Coutinho/Markovic/Lallana get the ball they'll just stand off them and let them play. Liverpool looking a bit more like themselves but the defending for that goal was criminal!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on December 21, 2014, 05:26:32 PM
Defence a disgrace as usual
Has Brad Jones ever made a save? I'm not just talking about today either.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

CD

Better team. Defence better than in recent weeks. Certainly don't deserve to be behind although as Clint put it, 'Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.'
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

under the bar

I can see Liverpool sneaking this one. ..

CD

Quote from: under the bar on December 21, 2014, 05:44:04 PM
I can see Liverpool sneaking this one. ..

Game over! 23 shots on goal, 65% possession. When it's not going your way . . . .
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

That's the last we'll see of Borini in a Liverpool shirt.

Milltown Row2

That's a brilliant result, keeps Arsenal down in the chasing pack  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Did Borini spit in Rodgers direction running off? (Maybe not but he wasn't happy). Can see his frustration though.  Team canny score and he sees himself as a goal scorer not getting a decent run

Giroud had the freedom of the box for his goal...Crazy defending

Great to see big Marty bag the equaliser.

Gerrard needs to be played in behind the striker / s or benched and Henderson needs roaded to the Vauxhall Conference.

Great work rate though and if there was a top striker on there the game could have been outta sight by half time

laoislad

I think the criticism of Henderson on here is very unfair.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on December 21, 2014, 06:15:23 PM

Similarly, I thought the keeper played well. He made a couple of good saves, and actually caught the ball as opposed to punching it out to an Arsenal man. And when the ball was played back to the keeper I never once felt he was panicking.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Carmen Stateside

Agree totally, hasn't reached the levels of last year but he has been played out of position all season to accommodate others.  Give him a good applause from the sofa after he outrun Sanchez near the end and come out with it, unfortunately applause changed to expletives after he passed it straight to an Arsenal player.
Thought Coutinho (shooting aside) Markovic and Sacko very good. Gerrard i thought was back to trying to many holywood passes, could say one of them led to second but in fairness Kolo should be getting his body in the way of return by Carzola.
Much better performance if only they can produce more in front of goal, to many chances missed. Glad to get a point but overall performance deserved more.
Interesting stat during second half after Arsenal scored
Arsenal 6 shots in last 2 games - 6 goals
Liverpool 40 shots in last 2 games - 1 goal
Tells it all really for Liverpool, don't think so much would be said about defense and goalkeeper if team where taking chances at other end.

gallsman

I think he's improved significantly and is good in the middle but he's limited in terms of versatility. He was out on the right a lot in the United game and had absolutely no business being there.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Orior on December 21, 2014, 06:37:25 PM

Similarly, I thought the keeper played well. He made a couple of good saves, and actually caught the ball as opposed to punching it out to an Arsenal man. And when the ball was played back to the keeper I never once felt he was panicking.
i thought jones was ok yesterday as well,but i cant every remember him pulling off a relaly top save any time he has played and there is always the potential for a mistake.
He did well though with the ball at his feet and looks alot more comfortable than mignolet in that area
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either