Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Where can you see the County Convention proposals?  I have had a read of the secretary's report and it doesn't make great reading.  Thought his personal views were poor attacking referees as the primary reason for Tyrone's championship exit.  Are there any nominations to challenge the chairperson or any other top county role, or can we look forward to more of the same.   
Living the dream!!!

The Sweeper.com

Quote from: wee scully on December 09, 2015, 11:49:22 AM
I see the county AGM proposals out last night,with all Clonoe s talk about what they'd be proposing re championship etc was all Dung

I doubt wee Mel hadn't the balls to speak at next weeks AGM incase he'd rock the Garvaghey boat,or is he afraid that Roisin would put him over her knee and lace the hole af him

Some interesting motions all the same but will they be carried?

Why would this be Scully?

wee scully

Quote from: winghalfback on December 09, 2015, 12:01:38 PM
Quote from: wee scully on December 09, 2015, 11:49:22 AM
I see the county AGM proposals out last night,with all Clonoe s talk about what they'd be proposing re championship etc was all Dung

I doubt wee Mel hadn't the balls to speak at next weeks AGM incase he'd rock the Garvaghey boat,or is he afraid that Roisin would put him over her knee and lace the hole af him

Some interesting motions all the same but will they be carried?

Enlighten me what were clonoes proposals re the chmpionship?

Was Cassidy not the fulla the papers a while back about getting changes made
Late championship start was one of them

Norf Tyrone

A lot of talk post Rockgate that a recommendation would be in to ensure that failing to field attracted a bigger sanction.

Nowt there.

What's the change in Gortin's motion?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Bo Man

wee mel does what kerr tells him to do. The Rahilly boys would tell you that.

wee scully

Quote from: Bo Man on December 09, 2015, 09:27:31 PM
wee mel does what kerr tells him to do. The Rahilly boys would tell you that.
I'd say your right,it was the same for Kerr when he had til do what Jordan towl him and he finished up eating humble pie and by the look of him he ate it all

blewuporstuffed

Hard to disagree with McCaughey on this, but I am not seeing an solutions being brought forward

CONVENTION | Training to Games Ratio Not Right

Tyrone County secretary Dominic McCaughey has used annual report to the Tyrone County convention on Tuesday night to question the cost of training a side for what amounts to sixteen games per year in some instances.

"Where the major transformation has occurred – and only in the last quarter of a century – has been in the coaching and training of players".

"Most of this has been worthwhile, beneficial and educational; some has been innovative and there can be no doubt that it has provided the Association with products that are highly marketable in the Summer months".

"However the price that is being paid for this has become too great, as the Association can now easily be described as a training & coaching industry – not a games' association; some clubs commence 'fitness-testing' of their senior players in early December and start training in January – all for games commencing in mid-April."

"Three / four collective training sessions per week with a requirement of two / three personal training sessions per week are now considered to be the norm. Early-morning sessions, lunchtime sessions and evening / night-time sessions are all standard fare. At the most basic level, of two training sessions per week over the period January to October – when official competitions have concluded for almost all teams – a senior Club player will have endured a minimum of 80 training sessions and will have played in 16 games, a simple ratio of 5:1. For a team that enjoys league or championship success there is, of course, a greater number of games to be played together with a disproportionate increase in training sessions, resulting in an enhanced ratio of training to playing games. Many coaches do not seem to realise that talent can never be created by increasing the number of training sessions".

"While it is acknowledged that some players are satisfied with this situation and are happy to use their membership of a panel to gain or maintain fitness only, many are beginning to ask whether this is what the Association should be about. If the great majority of players want to participate in games rather than in training sessions, it is they who should convey this message to the coaches or the managers; as a group or a panel, the players should be determining what they want for their team and from their Club, rather than allowing an individual coach or manager – often coming in from a neighbouring club or county – to tell them what is best for them".

"There is a lot of merit in the view that the team coach / trainer should come from within the Club and that, with his local knowledge, he should be better placed to know what the realistic targets for the Club's teams are, in a given season; also, that there should be a restriction placed on Clubs in the use of coaches / trainers from outside units. For those who argue that their Club doesn't have the personnel to do so, it can be pointed out that every county and province is providing excellent coaching courses for Club members to avail of – let each Club train, and retain, its own Club Coaches".
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

square_ball

He is right in what he is saying but his 2nd to last paragraph is ridiculous! Its the county board who are postponing and cancelling rounds of fixtures which in turn leads to this high training to games ratio!

oakleafgael

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 10, 2015, 09:58:10 AM
Hard to disagree with McCaughey on this, but I am not seeing an solutions being brought forward

CONVENTION | Training to Games Ratio Not Right

Tyrone County secretary Dominic McCaughey has used annual report to the Tyrone County convention on Tuesday night to question the cost of training a side for what amounts to sixteen games per year in some instances.

"Where the major transformation has occurred – and only in the last quarter of a century – has been in the coaching and training of players".

"Most of this has been worthwhile, beneficial and educational; some has been innovative and there can be no doubt that it has provided the Association with products that are highly marketable in the Summer months".

"However the price that is being paid for this has become too great, as the Association can now easily be described as a training & coaching industry – not a games' association; some clubs commence 'fitness-testing' of their senior players in early December and start training in January – all for games commencing in mid-April."

"Three / four collective training sessions per week with a requirement of two / three personal training sessions per week are now considered to be the norm. Early-morning sessions, lunchtime sessions and evening / night-time sessions are all standard fare. At the most basic level, of two training sessions per week over the period January to October – when official competitions have concluded for almost all teams – a senior Club player will have endured a minimum of 80 training sessions and will have played in 16 games, a simple ratio of 5:1. For a team that enjoys league or championship success there is, of course, a greater number of games to be played together with a disproportionate increase in training sessions, resulting in an enhanced ratio of training to playing games. Many coaches do not seem to realise that talent can never be created by increasing the number of training sessions".

"While it is acknowledged that some players are satisfied with this situation and are happy to use their membership of a panel to gain or maintain fitness only, many are beginning to ask whether this is what the Association should be about. If the great majority of players want to participate in games rather than in training sessions, it is they who should convey this message to the coaches or the managers; as a group or a panel, the players should be determining what they want for their team and from their Club, rather than allowing an individual coach or manager – often coming in from a neighbouring club or county – to tell them what is best for them".

"There is a lot of merit in the view that the team coach / trainer should come from within the Club and that, with his local knowledge, he should be better placed to know what the realistic targets for the Club's teams are, in a given season; also, that there should be a restriction placed on Clubs in the use of coaches / trainers from outside units. For those who argue that their Club doesn't have the personnel to do so, it can be pointed out that every county and province is providing excellent coaching courses for Club members to avail of – let each Club train, and retain, its own Club Coaches".

Its up to the County Board to provide the games to reduce the ratio. Also, is McCaughey not a Trillick man? Where was their coach from?

tv pundit

Does anyone know of any Club player who has 4 collective sessions and two personal training sessions per week. Personally I think mc caughey is talking rubbish. I am also fed up with his annual excuses as to which referee cost tyrone all ireland glory. How about saying tyrone seniors did well but just came up short. End of.

Knock Yer Mucker In

You couldn't make it up, a county sec complaining amount of training v game time ratio, the same CB that is responsible for providing regular games, but runs a league of 15 games that takes 8 months to run, the hypocrisy in his statement is right under his nose. I agree with TV pundit, I don't know of any club doing 4 collective sessions and two personalised sessions per week, anyone? By the same token, clubs had the opportunity a few years back to play in a cup compo (James Devlin Cup?) when the county team was busy, but clubs opted to drop it after two years, for why I never know as it gave us more games, they weren't full blown competitive games but at least we got to play more games that were less pressurised and good football craic in the summer. I thought it was a no brainer

Legoman5

Is Seaney not from Trillick,I'm involved in ladies football and I know that one of his girls is on the Tyrone underage ladies teams and represent Trillick and have heard that that's where he lives

ThreeStones

Seaney is a Trillick man. Originally from Irvinestown and played his football with them & Fermanagh, but has lived in trillick for years. Both he and his wife have been coaching underage in the club for a good few years before he took the senior job.

driveherin

2016 Club managers

Division 1/SFC

Ardboe     Rouse/Coney
Augher
Carrickmore       mc elroy/loughran
Clonoe         cassidy
Coalisland    McKeever
Dromore    Meenagh
Edendork
Eglish
Errigal Ciaran       pascal canavan