Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 03, 2015, 11:17:05 AM
A lot of clubs eager to get positions filled before xmas, our friendly neighbours have gone with outside men, after all the slabbering they did about us over the last lot of years, pure hypocrites.

In an ideal world no club would have to seek outside managers, however this is not an ideal world.  While I believe that a manager takes a lot of commitment and effort not all are upto the task and its weeding out the mercenaries that is the main problem for clubs because there are plenty out there.
Living the dream!!!

Wee Roddy

Is it possible OSE14 is a female? Just a thought as the language looks forced😅.
I think the Team talk team was strong enough. Richie may have been unlucky but he hardly gives a toot with his championship in his shirt pocket.
Did Trillick have a strategy to vote for Brennan as I remember a few years ago a Clone split in voting allowed Big Conor to win player of the year when I don't think he expected it

redzone

I seen a tweet from teamtalkmag say that 59000 voted. Could that be right.

redzone

Just checked the tweet and it said " some people think club football doesn't matter 53098 of you think differently

longballin

Tyrone trained last night and night before. Taking the O'Fiaich Cup very seriously  :-[  madness

TF15

It's absolutely crazy. Amateur sportsmen training 12 months a year basically when you add club football into the equation. Hopefully the boys will get an AI for their efforts. Incredible dedication.

Bo Man

is everybody training? sean cavanagh, mccurry, mattie donnelly?

Mikhailov

Quote from: TF15 on December 04, 2015, 03:19:50 PM
It's absolutely crazy. Amateur sportsmen training 12 months a year basically when you add club football into the equation. Hopefully the boys will get an AI for their efforts. Incredible dedication.

12 month seasons - that is nothing new. If you factor in university, club games etc then a lot of players are playing all year round at various standards and levels. That is why burn-out has become the buzz word.

In previous times the NFL would start in October with 4 games before Xmas, another 3 in Feb and March and then the McKenna cup would be fitted in before Championship. Then the club season kicked off in March also and this cycle all started again in October so this is nothing new - albeit admittedly it is much more intense nowadays but the players are better looked after in terms of nutrition, physio, training etc etc.

The above scenario was crazy but this was the old days when GAA had no planning or anything like that. In an amateur context the commitment given by GAA players in past times and present is unequalled anywhere in the world IMO.

All GAA players should be lauded for the effort they put in and we are one of the supposedly successful counties - imagine doing all that for a mediocre county and you happen to play for a mediocre club team as well....

driveherin

I didn't realise anyone was holding a gun to these guys heads making them do it...... Maybe they enjoy it?

driveherin

Any more word on Club Management? Still a lot of clubs without....

longballin

Quote from: driveherin on December 04, 2015, 04:15:59 PM
I didn't realise anyone was holding a gun to these guys heads making them do it...... Maybe they enjoy it?

or maybe they have an ambition to represent their county and are being driven like robots...

The Sweeper.com

Quote from: driveherin on December 07, 2015, 04:01:30 PM
Any more word on Club Management? Still a lot of clubs without....

I wonder did Dregish get a manager yet?

I seen they were advertising in the paper.

wee scully

I see the county AGM proposals out last night,with all Clonoe s talk about what they'd be proposing re championship etc was all Dung

I doubt wee Mel hadn't the balls to speak at next weeks AGM incase he'd rock the Garvaghey boat,or is he afraid that Roisin would put him over her knee and lace the hole af him

Some interesting motions all the same but will they be carried?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: wee scully on December 09, 2015, 11:49:22 AM
I see the county AGM proposals out last night,with all Clonoe s talk about what they'd be proposing re championship etc was all Dung

I doubt wee Mel hadn't the balls to speak at next weeks AGM incase he'd rock the Garvaghey boat,or is he afraid that Roisin would put him over her knee and lace the hole af him

such as?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

winghalfback

Quote from: wee scully on December 09, 2015, 11:49:22 AM

Enlighten me what were clonoes proposals re the chmpionship?