what happened the maggie thatcher thread?

Started by magickingdom, October 30, 2008, 08:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

MW

Quote from: youngfella on November 01, 2008, 12:22:53 AM
Quote from: MW on November 01, 2008, 12:20:52 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2008, 12:18:52 AM
Who was making defamatory statements?

What is a defamatorty statement?

I know wikipedia isn't an authoritative source on anything, but it does give a pretty decent working definition of defamation:

"In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image."

MW

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2008, 12:25:13 AM

That would be you.
:o
Are you going to sue me for express an opinion on you?

No, I'm not going to sue you. I want you to retract your statement, or the moderators to take action. (and I don't regard "disappearing" the thread, if that is what happened, as appropriate 'action').

You didn't express an opinion - you claimed I hold a sectarian opinion that I do not hold.

ziggysego

Please don't start that "quoting the whole thread" thing again guys.

If you must continue this debate, only quote the relevant bits.
Testing Accessibility

MW

Fair enough and I don't really want to continue the debate here.

I'd just like the moderators to actually get back to me with a response.

Over to you, mods.

pintsofguinness

MW, I use to have a teacher and she use to tell us "it's none of your business what anyone else thinks of you".  I use to think she was crazy but you know what, she was right!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2008, 12:28:05 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2008, 12:25:13 AM

That would be you.
:o
Are you going to sue me for express an opinion on you?

No, I'm not going to sue you. I want you to retract your statement, or the moderators to take action. (and I don't regard "disappearing" the thread, if that is what happened, as appropriate 'action').

You didn't express an opinion - you claimed I hold a sectarian opinion that I do not hold.

MW looking reasons to get posters on here banned, you don't seem to post very frequently, you pick and choose your times, is this the new OWC strategy, send them in under a falsey and then try and get a chosen one banned!  :o Or was the "Bard" just to stupid to work to plan? (yet iintelligent enough to get elected by the "fair" people of Ballymena!).
Tbc....

MW

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2008, 12:34:29 AM
MW, I use to have a teacher and she use to tell us "it's none of your business what anyone else thinks of you".  I use to think she was crazy but you know what, she was right!

Look, you can think what you want about me, you can even say that you believe it, whether it be that I had a hand in the assassination of JFK or that I lapdance for beer money, but I won't let you away with attributing to me, as if it were fact, sectarian opinions and views such as the one you did.

MW

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 01, 2008, 12:39:38 AM
MW looking reasons to get posters on here banned, you don't seem to post very frequently, you pick and choose your times, is this the new OWC strategy, send them in under a falsey and then try and get a chosen one banned!  :o Or was the "Bard" just to stupid to work to plan? (yet iintelligent enough to get elected by the "fair" people of Ballymena!).

Erm, yes of course I pick and choose my times to post. As does each and every other poster on this board :-\

I'm not trying to get pog banned, far from it, I just wanted the offending posts retracted by pog, or the moderators to give me a decision on whether they would remove those posts.

If I was here to try to get anyone banned, I'd be doing a pretty poor job, since I've been posting on here for something like 4 years and this is the first time I've reported anything to a moderator. Maybe I'm a one-man sleeper cell, eh ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2008, 12:41:08 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2008, 12:34:29 AM

Look, you can think what you want about me, you can even say that you believe it, whether it be that I had a hand in the assassination of JFK or that I lapdance for beer money, but I won't let you away with attributing to me, as if it were fact, sectarian opinions and views such as the one you did.
Well you say you're not trying to get me banned and you're not going to sue us so what are you going to do about it?
You owc boys are a great laugh, it was donagh yous were trying to get banned and now me.
I'm pretty sure you have labeled me a bigot in the past also.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2008, 12:45:26 AM

Erm, yes of course I pick and choose my times to post. As does each and every other poster on this board :-\

I'm not trying to get pog banned, far from it, I just wanted the offending posts retracted by pog, or the moderators to give me a decision on whether they would remove those posts.

If I was here to try to get anyone banned, I'd be doing a pretty poor job, since I've been posting on here for something like 4 years and this is the first time I've reported anything to a moderator. Maybe I'm a one-man sleeper cell, eh ::)

Hmmmmmmmm..................   OWC sleeper cells, this gets more interesting by the minute! And your smiley eyes don't fool me.
Tbc....

MW

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 01, 2008, 12:50:53 AM

Hmmmmmmmm..................   OWC sleeper cells, this gets more interesting by the minute! And your smiley eyes don't fool me.

I'm also involved in a cunning plot to have Peter Robinson installed as Supreme Ruler of the Universe.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2008, 12:55:39 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on November 01, 2008, 12:50:53 AM

I'm also involved in a cunning plot to have Peter Robinson installed as Supreme Ruler of the Universe.

Wouldn't surprise me sir - you boys can't be trusted!

Oops sorry thats what "they" say about Catholics!  ;)
Tbc....