McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 06, 2009, 10:54:16 AM
Quote from: Reillers on April 06, 2009, 10:47:50 AM
And they were flying, their fitness is there but it's obvious that they had no real manager, and they were training once a week at the most,
They've only been really training for about 3 weeks.
But there's only so much you can do in a couple weeks. And now you're at that, EVERYONE trains in the winter by themselves, but no, just nit picking and whinging about Cork, EVERYONE trains and you are niave to think otherwise, very naive.
Why are you nit picking and acting so childish?
Like I said very petty on here, not one of ye made a comment when Cork won their first 2 games, not a word, like I said, extremley sad and petty.

If they have been training collectively all winter and you want to take account of a poor team selection and tactics by Walsh then knock off a few points from the 28 point margin.
Not only the selection was poor but the tactics and line up was ridiculous but he's had what, one training session with him, give him a break ffs.

People are so quick to put this Cork team down, it's gotten beyond childish from some people at this stage.
Ya consider that this team has NEVER played together as a team. That would add on a few Cork points and knock off a few Kilkenny ones.
That there were more young lads, some playing their first season, some making their debut..etc. That'd knock another good few points off.
Not to mention that lack of training was obvious with the amount of wides, more then 10 at the end I'm sure and the sloppiness compared to the sharpness of Kilkenny. So add some for Cork.
Cork were also missing a handfull of players who were sorely missed, them being there would add on more points for Cork.
This was Walsh's first game with them after having one at the most two sessions with them. It'll take him a while to get to know the players best positions and who's the best players. That'd knock a few more Kilkenny points off if Walsh had more work done.
There are a few more points to be considered but maybe just maybe what we saw yesterday wasn't the Cork team. Not really anyway.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 06, 2009, 11:20:38 AM
And they were flying, their fitness is there but it's obvious that they had no real manager, and they were training once a week at the most,
But there's only so much you can do in a couple weeks. And now you're at that, EVERYONE trains in the winter by themselves, but no, just nit picking and whinging about Cork, EVERYONE trains and you are niave to think otherwise, very naive.
Like I said very petty on here, not one of ye made a comment when Cork won their first 2 games, not a word, like I said, extremley sad and petty.

If they have been training collectively all winter and you want to take account of a poor team selection and tactics by Walsh then knock off a few points from the 28 point margin.
Not only the selection was poor but the tactics and line up was ridiculous but he's had what, one training session with him, give him a break ffs.

People are so quick to put this Cork team down, it's gotten beyond childish from some people at this stage.
Ya consider that this team has NEVER played together as a team. That would add on a few Cork points and knock off a few Kilkenny ones.
That there were more young lads, some playing their first season, some making their debut..etc. That'd knock another good few points off.
Not to mention that lack of training was obvious with the amount of wides, more then 10 at the end I'm sure and the sloppiness compared to the sharpness of Kilkenny. So add some for Cork.
Cork were also missing a handfull of players who were sorely missed, them being there would add on more points for Cork.
This was Walsh's first game with them after having one at the most two sessions with them. It'll take him a while to get to know the players best positions and who's the best players. That'd knock a few more Kilkenny points off if Walsh had more work done.
There are a few more points to be considered but maybe just maybe what we saw yesterday wasn't the Cork team. Not really anyway.

You claimed yesterday that Cork would be there or thereabouts come summer - whats the real margin between Cork & KK in your opinion?

I know the last man who tried to change Donal Og's puckouts got death threats, but do you think Walsh will try and change them in light of yesterday?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 06, 2009, 11:24:42 AM

You claimed yesterday that Cork would be there or thereabouts come summer - whats the real margin between Cork & KK in your opinion?

I know the last man who tried to change Donal Og's puckouts got death threats, but do you think Walsh will try and change them in light of yesterday?

They will be there or there abouts in the summer.
The real margin, about 10 points.

Childish comment there Heffo, really pathetic. How about the fact that that person  broke the rules that were set and was so petty, his pride was wounded that he dropped Donal Og for the next game. Is it too much to ask that you could leave the past in the past. FFS it's getting behond petty and very childish at this point.
Walsh had one at the most two sessions with them, he hasn't a clue what the best way is to go with this Cork team, what the best line out is, what the best tactics are and never mind the puck outs, but Walsh has been in there for 5 seconds, you think that little of him that you think he's been walked over by the players in the space of 5 seconds. It was clear as anything that the players were following orders on the pitch, especially when you look at the way they lined out. I can't believe you give Walsh that little credit. He's had the job for about a day, is it too much to ask to give him a fair go, ffs.

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on April 06, 2009, 11:40:32 AM

Childish comment there Heffo, really pathetic. How about the fact that that person  broke the rules that were set and was so petty, his pride was wounded that he dropped Donal Og for the next game. Is it too much to ask that you could leave the past in the past. FFS it's getting behond petty and very childish at this point.
Walsh had one at the most two sessions with them, he hasn't a clue what the best way is to go with this Cork team, what the best line out is, what the best tactics are and never mind the puck outs, but Walsh has been in there for 5 seconds, you think that little of him that you think he's been walked over by the players in the space of 5 seconds. It was clear as anything that the players were following orders on the pitch, especially when you look at the way they lined out. I can't believe you give Walsh that little credit. He's had the job for about a day, is it too much to ask to give him a fair go, ffs.

No harm Reillers but that latest one is pure Bullshit. Don't be trying to patch over the cracks with Walsh only been in the job, doesn't know his best team, training etc etc.

Cork have had two very close games, which they have pulled through in the last few weeks. That alone should have brought them on leaps and bounds. Walsh hasn't been flown in from the Moon. He knows all these players very well, he knows there strenghts and weaknesses, he will have seen them dozens and dozens of times for club, county etc. He may have his own game plan and this may take time but to say that he is new to the whole set up is crazy.

Also, the new manager factor should have played a factor. Players getting a start and others fighting for places under a new manager, should have been raising there games a level. This was a big big game for them, yet they couldn;t get close to KK.

And you put this down to rustiness, new set-up, new players etc. Never cross your mind that teh players are way off the pace and past it?

KK have serious competition for places and that alone will ensure that they don't get complacant. Coady will guarantee that.

INDIANA

I'd be concerned Reillers if I was you about some of the players he's picking because they aren't up to it. I took a look at 2 other Cork gaa websites this morning as well and a lot of posters agree with my views that Cork have little to put into that team bar reverting to the previous team in their entireity and its a theory I agree with. Bar Pat Horgan and young O Sullivan and maybe Cadogan (but not at FB) you're threadbare. You'll be doing well to beat Tipp - there are no Noel Mc Graths,Seamus Hennessy's or Callinans in Cork. You may as well get Deane and Timmy Mc Carthy out of retirement for one last hurrah.
It won't matter what trainiing the rest of the country do this year- its a foregone conclusion. I know some peopel in Cork will hang onto some notion they'll be back but I can assure people that a lot of Cork people I know are well aware of the realities despite whats being put up here on a daily basis.

Croí na hÉireann

That's the first time I've ever been delighted to see the Cats hand out a hammering. I hope whoever made those death threats traveled up to Nowlan Park to see his boys handed their arses. Says a lot when the biggest cheer involving the counties who've suffered the most at the hands of KK (Wexford & Offaly) was when the score from Nowlan Park was relayed at ht...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 06, 2009, 12:07:25 PM

I'd be concerned Reillers if I was you about some of the players he's picking because they aren't up to it. I took a look at 2 other Cork gaa websites this morning as well and a lot of posters agree with my views that Cork have little to put into that team bar reverting to the previous team in their entireity and its a theory I agree with. Bar Pat Horgan and young O Sullivan and maybe Cadogan (but not at FB) you're threadbare. You'll be doing well to beat Tipp - there are no Noel Mc Graths,Seamus Hennessy's or Callinans in Cork. You may as well get Deane and Timmy Mc Carthy out of retirement for one last hurrah.
It won't matter what trainiing the rest of the country do this year- its a foregone conclusion. I know some peopel in Cork will hang onto some notion they'll be back but I can assure people that a lot of Cork people I know are well aware of the realities despite whats being put up here on a daily basis.
Can't they have more then 3 seconds with a hurley in the hand before you criticise them and say that they are shite. FFS.
What other Cork GAA websites?

INDIANA

You know full well which ones - stop using this website to portray as view that most Cork people don't agree with. Or maybe you are that out of touch with reality.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 06, 2009, 01:15:43 PM
You know full well which ones - stop using this website to portray as view that most Cork people don't agree with. Or maybe you are that out of touch with reality.

No sersiously, which ones?

orangeman

Was this what the strike was all about ??? Saving Cork hurling ?? They may send for somebody else - ok it was only a league game but they should forget about strikes for the rest of their lives - the only thing they should strike is a match !

cornafean

"The sky turned black with the flapping wings of chickens coming home to roost."
                                    - James Callaghan 1912-2005
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

EddieMerx

What was Gardiner thinking when he made the statement that Kilkenny only won their 3 in a row because Cork had McCarthy over them... that was just asking for a hiding, it is obvious that you just don't give this Kilkenny team any reason to want to take you apart before a ball is thrown in

orangeman

Quote from: EddieMerx on April 06, 2009, 02:56:46 PM
What was Gardiner thinking when he made the statement that Kilkenny only won their 3 in a row because Cork had McCarthy over them... that was just asking for a hiding, it is obvious that you just don't give this Kilkenny team any reason to want to take you apart before a ball is thrown in

Smart lad - but a great captain all the same.

INDIANA

John Gardiner has all the PR skills of a rhino stuck in a locked telephone box. He should simply not be let near a microphone. You'd question where these guys heads are at with a statement like that because you can damn sure what was pinned to the dressing room walls in the cats dressing room yesterday. i simply could not believe the level of stupidity involved to come out with a statement like that. Is it any wonder the country hates the sight of these guys.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 06, 2009, 03:09:58 PM
John Gardiner has all the PR skills of a rhino stuck in a locked telephone box. He should simply not be let near a microphone. You'd question where these guys heads are at with a statement like that because you can damn sure what was pinned to the dressing room walls in the cats dressing room yesterday. i simply could not believe the level of stupidity involved to come out with a statement like that. Is it any wonder the country hates the sight of these guys.

Has anyone actually got, word for word, what the statement is. Ye've been listening too much to Keher.
And Indy what two sites are you on about?