McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

When the dust settles on this and FM is still in charge, people will ask what was the point?

The GAA

If that is the case long term then i would agree with you.

orangeman

GAA - You've got a history of abstentionism, come from a glorious a rich hurling tradition, have met up with the strikers on a copule of occasions round the club ( which apparently has bestowed wonderous insight into the dispute - one side only of course ) and have all the answers, so why don't you take a wee drive down there and solve it if you're that intelligent ?

Or maybe you'd just prefer to drive up and down the road past the field just like the eejit you made you of yourself before and are semingly quite prepared to do again ???

What you fail to realise is that the GAA in Cork and every other part of the country will continue, just like it did when you and yours were going round talking to yourselves and kicking stones round the house when your club was playing.

But then again, what else can you say ? You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

The penny still hasn't dropped - hardly surprising !

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 09, 2009, 09:18:29 AM
GAA - You've got a history of abstentionism,

no i don't

GAA - come from a glorious a rich hurling tradition,

no i don't

GAA -  have met up with the strikers on a copule of occasions round the club ( which apparently has bestowed wonderous insight into the dispute - one side only of course )

never spoken to any of those lads about this dispute

GAA - so why don't you take a wee drive down there and solve it if you're that intelligent ?

Its only you who says that i am intelligent - all the time actually.
why do you keep insisting on other people driving down and sorting out the problem?

GAA - Or maybe you'd just prefer to drive up and down the road past the field just like the eejit you made you of yourself before and are semingly quite prepared to do again ???

what the hell are you talking about?

What you fail to realise is that the GAA in Cork and every other part of the country will continue

You'll have to point out where i even inferred that this would not be the case. making stuff up again? tut tut

just like it did when you and yours were going round talking to yourselves and kicking stones round the house when your club was playing.
But then again, what else can you say ? You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

now you really are making stuff up.

Is that a record for the most wrong assumptions and lies in the one post?

You really should stop posting about me, read about the issues this thread relates to (rather than copying & pasting) and postr about the actual subject matter. if you can.

johnneycool

Quote from: INDIANA on February 09, 2009, 09:08:54 AM
When the dust settles on this and FM is still in charge, people will ask what was the point?

Exactly as any new manager who doesn't fit the model wanted by the players will be seen as a Frank man irrespective if they are or not

witnof

Solution.

All '08 players walk away. Gerard McCarty walks away. Too simple but probably only way to break the impasse. Tough on all concerned but they have maybe all dug their graves.

FM has to be dealt with by the clubs, of which all '08 players are members, becuase if the clubs, hence the members of the GAA, want him out he is going.

The GAA

Quote from: witnof on February 09, 2009, 10:58:00 AM
Solution.

All '08 players walk away. Gerard McCarty walks away. Too simple but probably only way to break the impasse. Tough on all concerned but they have maybe all dug their graves.

FM has to be dealt with by the clubs, of which all '08 players are members, becuase if the clubs, hence the members of the GAA, want him out he is going.

Flaw in the plan - he can't be

INDIANA

If they put enough pressure on Croke Park would have to do something. If FM doesn't go the whole thing is a waste of time because regardless of the manager there will be another problem next year.

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on February 09, 2009, 12:09:11 PM
Solution.

A vote of no confidence and a motion from CCB to congress for the removal of FM would do the trick

orangeman

I've always contended that the strikers had their sights on the real enemy - they're going to get rid ( or attempt to ) of Mc Carthy and as soon as he goes the strikers are back in playing hurling again, leaving Frank in situ, which to my mind is entirely a waste of time.

If Frank is the problem, why not concentrate on getting rid of him instead of saving all the humiliation for Mc Carthy, who is not the cause of the problem.

The GAA

Orangeman - would you like to address the litany of errors in assumption you've posted about me?

witnof

Quote from: The GAA on February 09, 2009, 12:09:11 PM
Solution.

No flaw in the plan. Maybe a flaw in the spine of all the people complaining about Hitler.

Jesus for 20 yrs people in Cork have been bitching about him and you have done nothing about it. The only conclusion is that people don't really want him out becuase no one, absolutely no one, is really tyring to get him out.

So he has control of all, or the majoirty of the clubs and their committees? Hence he controls all their votes thus implying he controls all their members as well???

Stretching the imagination beyond the limits that.

The GAA

Read back through this thread witnof. that has been debated to death

INDIANA

The same basic tent remains GAA that they could place intolerable pressure on Murphy if they really wanted to but there seems to be no unified effort to do so. As long as he is going to remain , this is a waste of time because there will be another row next year the year after and the one after that.

The GAA

To remove fm there will have to be pressure outside the normal checks and balances in place