Blas Ceoil ~ On BBC i-Player now!

Started by The Gs Man, October 16, 2008, 04:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

QuoteLurgan band Captain Kennedy will be appearing on BBC 2's Blas Ceoil programme on Thursday 30th October. Presented by Lynette Fay and Karen Kirby, the series is a journey around local music venues, showcasing musical talent from the area and highlighting the history and influence of music and language there. 

The programme introduces the audience to a new generation of musicians from each area performing alongside established singers and players who have gained worldwide recognition as performing artists. 

In Episode 3 of the series to be shown Thursday at 10pm, Captain Kennedy will be playing alongside The Tennessee Hennessey's, Ruairí Cunnane and Forkhill native Paula Flynn.

Series producer and presenter Karen Kirby says: "Following on from the success of the first series, we're delighted to be given the opportunity again to work with some of the country's best emerging and established musical talent.

It was obvious from our journey around the counties of Northern Ireland last time that there was a huge potential to revisit each one, with an abundance of high quality musicians, all of various styles and influence, just waiting in the wings.  We're drawing upon that local pool of talent again, placing well-known names on the same bill as new singers and musicians.

I hope that the audience at home will once again get the sense that they're at the event themselves, having the opportunity to hear and see everything that has been recorded on radio and online".

Oh, Ziggy, if your reading....whats the 4M like in Omagh???  Should be there 15th November.
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Edited for an update......  :-*
Keep 'er lit

Denn Forever

Will it be available on the Web?

And will I be able to access it from this other country (for the purposes of internet)?

Enjoy.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Gs Man

Should be on BBC I Player for a week and on their website for ever and a day......
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Quote30 Oct 2008 22:00 BBC Two (Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland (Analogue) only)

Folk and roots music at its best from O'Hanlon's Bar in Mullaghbawn. Captain Kennedy, Tennessee Hennesseys, guitarist and singer Ruairí Cunnane and Forkhill native Paula Flynn all make for a great night's entertainment.

Beidh an chuid is fearr de cheol traidisiúnta agus de cheol tuaithe na condae le cluinstin anocht ó aoícheoltóirí na hócáide ag teach tábhairne Ó'Hanlon ar an Mhullach Bán, Co. Ard Mhacha. Oíche bhreá shiamsúil in ann dúinn ag éisteacht le Captain Kennedy, leis na Tennessee Hennesseys, leis an ghiotaraí / amhránaí Ruairí Cunnane, agus le Paula Flynn.

Credits:
Producer Karen Kirby Broadcast:
30 Oct 200822:00BBC Two (Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland (Analogue) only)

Can anyone tape it for me?  Im at Oasis tionight!  :D
Keep 'er lit

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 30, 2008, 10:28:52 AM
Quote30 Oct 2008 22:00 BBC Two (Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland (Analogue) only)

Folk and roots music at its best from O'Hanlon's Bar in Mullaghbawn. Captain Kennedy, Tennessee Hennesseys, guitarist and singer Ruairí Cunnane and Forkhill native Paula Flynn all make for a great night's entertainment.

Beidh an chuid is fearr de cheol traidisiúnta agus de cheol tuaithe na condae le cluinstin anocht ó aoícheoltóirí na hócáide ag teach tábhairne Ó'Hanlon ar an Mhullach Bán, Co. Ard Mhacha. Oíche bhreá shiamsúil in ann dúinn ag éisteacht le Captain Kennedy, leis na Tennessee Hennesseys, leis an ghiotaraí / amhránaí Ruairí Cunnane, agus le Paula Flynn.

Credits:
Producer Karen Kirby Broadcast:
30 Oct 200822:00BBC Two (Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland (Analogue) only)

Can anyone tape it for me?  Im at Oasis tionight!  :D

I would have but i'm not going to now after that Spurs shower last nite.You'll have to miss it...lol

I'm also watchin 8 out of 10 cats on C4

So there!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

full back

Which one of the clowns are you Gs man?

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

lfdown2

very good show, fair play gsman good band easy to listen to, and thought the rest were brilliant as well!

ziggysego

Quote from: The Gs Man on October 16, 2008, 04:03:20 PM
Oh, Ziggy, if your reading....whats the 4M like in Omagh???  Should be there 15th November.

Been a while since I was in 4M Gs Man. It should to be Me2 (McElroy's). Very young crowd.

Trust you to pick a night I'm in Belfast though!
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Liam Clancy & Friends on RTE1 now, should be good.

The Gs Man

Quote from: lfdown2 on October 30, 2008, 10:59:12 PM
very good show, fair play gsman good band easy to listen to, and thought the rest were brilliant as well!

Cheers lad.  Just watching it now myself on Iplayer!  Only in from Oasis.  Dunno what to expect lol.
Keep 'er lit

Donagh

Very good G's. What's with the Saw Doctors hats and waistcoats though?  ;)

If anybody wants to know how to rip the DRM out of BBC iPlayer files (so you can watch them again after your weeks up) drop me a PM.

Was that some of the bros paintings I spotted on the walls of Cultúrlann this afternoon?

The Gs Man

Haha!! Thats our "Traveller" look!

PM me with that info Donagh.  T'would be appreciated.

It was indeed the bros paintings you seen.  He's a good few hanging about the place.
Keep 'er lit

Donagh

Will get back to you from work in the morning.