House Flies

Started by An Gaeilgoir, October 16, 2008, 01:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: ross4life on August 11, 2010, 04:27:17 PM
sticky fly paper does the job

Where's John Gormley and his campaign against "blood sports"? Flies are massacred by the million in this country in the most painful wat and the Green party doesn't lift a finger, but they can extinguish an entire industry to make sure deer don't get a fright.

Istabraq

Seems to be a problem in newly built houses lately, moved into my own house 4 years ago and had the same problem for about 18 months, eventually they go away

Hereiam

Had one in the living room this morning. Better be gone by the time i get home

andoireabu

We had a problem with them a couple of years back and got the environment boys out.  they said it could have been to do with the chicken manure spread in the fields and they got it sorted out. havn't been as bad this year.

Rang the council before that and some numpty told us to paint the house black to sort it out.  honestly its not a wind up.  some dozzy people hired in them places.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ross4life on August 11, 2010, 04:27:17 PM
Quote from: Overthebar! on August 11, 2010, 02:57:46 PM
anyone any tips on how to get rid of these things?moved into a new house and they are everywhere, big and small. starting to do my head in!

sticky fly paper does the job

The sister-in-law walked into one of these bad boys in the mother-in-law's house. It was fully laden at the time and stuck to her hair ;D

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Overthebar! on August 11, 2010, 02:57:46 PM
anyone any tips on how to get rid of these things?moved into a new house and they are everywhere, big and small. starting to do my head in!

I got rid of these buggers this year!!!! ;D What i did was put an insectucutor in the attic and left it on for a month, cleared out the attic, had to empty the tray every couple of days, the amount of them was unreal. This year i landscaped the garden and removed a "sod- clay" ditch that was along one side of the garden, the amount of flies that that came out of the wall was unreal. Once the wall disappeared the flies went too. Hope this helps. To be honest i found the rentokill treatment very limited in its use.

theskull1

Quote from: Catch the high ball on August 11, 2010, 04:46:36 PM
I remember one day last summer when sitting in one day, I managed to kill about 10 flies and a couple of wasps and they were just lying on the window sill like a war scene.

Feckers came on to private property!

Stew would be proud of you  ;D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

nrico2006

Serious amount of wasps in my house lately, they are all acting as if they are wrote off.  Just walking about with no real point, still have to get rid of them though and seems to be so many compared to any other year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'