The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

That's why we have coaches, superb half-time turnaround, credit to the coaching staff. Feek obviously had a word with the front row, and Jennings ensured we kept the ball better.

Best 2nd half performance by an Irish team on the international stage ever I'd say.

Awesome  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

An Gaeilgoir

"Ladyboys" no longer, quite simply one of the best teams ever to grace this competition. Well done to all connected. Roll on New Zealand. Poor Stuart barnes :D

Capt Pat

That is a game for the dvd collection. To join Munster in 06 and Liverpool in 05.

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 21, 2011, 07:13:39 PM
That's why we have coaches, superb half-time turnaround, credit to the coaching staff. Feek obviously had a word with the front row, and Jennings ensured we kept the ball better.

Best 2nd half performance by an Irish team on the international stage ever I'd say.

Awesome  ;D

Paul Wallace was explaining how it could be done at half-time but they didn't listen to him.

Don't get the slagging of Barnes either, he is about as pro-Irish as any commentator I've heard.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Quote from: muppet on May 21, 2011, 06:52:50 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2011, 06:48:59 PM
Great stuff by Leinster. They got away with a poor display in the first half by proving how much better they were in the second. They were a 20 point + better team, and are the cream of Europe.

Feck it Sexton was inspired by Liverpool's comeback.

Bring back O'Gara.

That fecker is Liverpool fan as well, probably explains why they both like kicking long balls..
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: muppet on May 21, 2011, 07:32:31 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 21, 2011, 07:13:39 PM

Awesome  ;D

Paul Wallace was explaining how it could be done at half-time but they didn't listen to him.

Don't get the slagging of Barnes either, he is about as pro-Irish as any commentator I've heard.

I like Barnes too, very generous to the Irish in his praise. He just likes his rugby and will hype the AP a little but Sky are his paymasters so that's his job.

I think Leinster had a plan for the Northampton scrum but just didn't implement in the first half as they were not as a team mentally prepared for Northampton's intensity.
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Oh yea, hello Heineken Cup - Meet Connacht!
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on May 21, 2011, 07:39:20 PM
Oh yea, hello Heineken Cup - Meet Connacht!

Class, was in town watching the game, f**king unreal. Great day to be Irish.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Dinny Breen

Wonder will Munster give Leinster a guard of honour next week, Irish traditions and all that  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 21, 2011, 07:43:25 PM
Wonder will Munster give Leinster a guard of honour next week, Irish traditions and all that  ;)

If it's a tradition I'm sure they will. I don't think there's too much bad feeling down here Dinny, we're more worried about our own future at this stage. We had written this one off to Leinster anyway, as they are clearly the class team in Europe at the moment.

Munster will have to raise themselves hugely to even make a game of it next week..

Dinny Breen

Only joking AZ I was liking the HEC to an AI and the Magners to the National league...

Anyhow, hard to know how Leinster will treat next week, if it's even on their radar.

It will be tight but I'd fancy Munster to win but long-term I think a defeat would be better for Munster..

Oh and Sexton is a Liverpool fan surely you must be feeling some love for him now  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2011, 07:57:33 PM

If it's a tradition I'm sure they will. I don't think there's too much bad feeling down here Dinny, we're more worried about our own future at this stage. We had written this one off to Leinster anyway, as they are clearly the class team in Europe at the moment.

Munster will have to raise themselves hugely to even make a game of it next week..

I always thought Offaly was in Leinster.  ???
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Kerry Mike

Great day for Connacht rugby delighted for them. Well done too to Leinster took them a good few years to get up to speed in Europe but they are a great team now. Billy Keane will be even more  unbearable to listen to but at least all those summers in Listowel paid off today for Sexton.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 21, 2011, 08:22:04 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2011, 07:57:33 PM

I always thought Offaly was in Leinster.  ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QwbFBOyE2Y
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere