The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Fair play to Ulster putting it up to an excellent Northampton team. Humphries showing that he will keep up the tradition of Ireland having 2 top level fly halves he was superb today and will push Sexton coming into the next World Cup in 2015 he was superb today.

Darcy must be gutted Ulster were definitely in for a try that time and who knows what might have happened has they gone over. No doubt Northampton were the better team their scrum was immense and if Lawes keeps up that form he will be one of the stars of the World Cup he was pretty close to having a perfect game he was awesome throughout. Leinster still in with a good shout at this stage though!

Capt Pat

Not finishing that try and giving up 2 soft tries cost Ulster today. Their scrum got messed up a bit today by a strong Northampton pack.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: screenexile on April 10, 2011, 04:41:58 PM
Fair play to Ulster putting it up to an excellent Northampton team. Humphries showing that he will keep up the tradition of Ireland having 2 top level fly halves he was superb today and will push Sexton coming into the next World Cup in 2015 he was superb today.

Darcy must be gutted Ulster were definitely in for a try that time and who knows what might have happened has they gone over. No doubt Northampton were the better team their scrum was immense and if Lawes keeps up that form he will be one of the stars of the World Cup he was pretty close to having a perfect game he was awesome throughout. Leinster still in with a good shout at this stage though!

must be a name thing, Gordon dropped a few like that in Feb and March.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

tyroneboi

Didn't know where else to put it but anyone catch the Leicester-Northampton game today? More punches landed in that game than in the Haye-Harrison fight a few months back! Ashton did well to stay on his feet after them 3 punches! I can't see that Northampton team beating Leinster next saturday though I think it will be a superb game. In saying that Northampton have a hell of a front row.

muppet

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 14, 2011, 06:15:00 PM
Didn't know where else to put it but anyone catch the Leicester-Northampton game today? More punches landed in that game than in the Haye-Harrison fight a few months back! Ashton did well to stay on his feet after them 3 punches! I can't see that Northampton team beating Leinster next saturday though I think it will be a superb game. In saying that Northampton have a hell of a front row.

http://rugbydump.blogspot.com/2011/05/manu-tuilagi-likely-to-be-cited-after.html
MWWSI 2017

mattockranger

Friend of mine has two lower tier tickets for sale for the Final on sunday

pm me if interested?
thanks
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Hoof Hearted

Well whats the opinions for Saturday's final. Leinster are going to made big favourites by the english media but i dont believe there are as big as favourites as they will be made out to be.

Taking it line line by line :-

Healy/Strauss/Ross v Tongihoua/Hartley/Mujati - Advantage Nhampton

Hines/Cullen v Day/Lawes - Even

JEnnings/Heaslip/O'Brien v Wood/Wilson/Dowson - Adv Leinster

All square up front.

Reddan/Sexton v Dickson/Myler - Adv Leinster

O'Driscoll/Darcy v Clarke/Downey - Adv Leinster

Fitxgerald/Horgan/Nacewa v Ashton/Diggin/Foden - Adv Northampton

Advantage Leinster. So Leinster to come out on top overall. IMHO obviously, will be interesting to hear your agreements/disagreements

mountainboii

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 19, 2011, 06:27:14 PM
Well whats the opinions for Saturday's final. Leinster are going to made big favourites by the english media but i dont believe there are as big as favourites as they will be made out to be.

All square up front.

Advantage Leinster. So Leinster to come out on top overall. IMHO obviously, will be interesting to hear your agreements/disagreements

Wood is injured.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: AFS on May 19, 2011, 06:40:20 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 19, 2011, 06:27:14 PM

All square up front.

Wood is injured.

definate adv to Leinster in the back row. English prem's player of the season

AZOffaly

If Leinster get enough ball they will destroy Northampton. Leinster's tackling and defensive line is normally brilliant, and the lines and speed at which they run their attacks is a cut above anything I've seen, bar a few of the French Teams in their pomp, at club level.

I really cannot see Northampton coming withing 14 points of Leinster, and I hope I'm right.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2011, 06:53:54 PM
If Leinster get enough ball they will destroy Northampton. Leinster's tackling and defensive line is normally brilliant, and the lines and speed at which they run their attacks is a cut above anything I've seen, bar a few of the French Teams in their pomp, at club level.

I really cannot see Northampton coming withing 14 points of Leinster, and I hope I'm right.

that's what im worried about. Northampton pack good at slowing it and front row in particular very strong. It's a final and win at all costs, so i cant see Nhampton allowing Leinster back line to run ragged. I hope they do cause i will stuck in the middle of it. Anyone else going ?

muppet

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 19, 2011, 07:00:26 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2011, 06:53:54 PM

that's what im worried about. Northampton pack good at slowing it and front row in particular very strong. It's a final and win at all costs, so i cant see Nhampton allowing Leinster back line to run ragged. I hope they do cause i will stuck in the middle of it. Anyone else going ?

Not this year.

Be good!!
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Paddy Power have already paid out on Leinster winning the final!!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Ah muppet, Who's looking after me this weekend then ?

Capt Pat

Look I think Northampton will have the edge in the front 5 but I am listening to Frano say the Northampton Half bacs Dickson and Myler are the worst to contest a Heineken cup final. Who is their number 8? The point is Leinster are miles better at 8,9 &10. How can Leinster lose. Unless it rains cats and dogs......scratch that as they will shut the roof in Cardiff. I suppose Northampton with a good pack and Foden and Ashton if he recovers from the boxing have a chance but it is slim.

It looks like a Leinster win.