The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Fair play Dinny - you certainly kept the faith.

The rugby club interviews were telling for me too but for the contributions of the munster players. they were at great pains to point out how great leinster were while not looking like they meant it at all.

the Deel Rover

Well done Leinster have to admit i found myself shouting for ye up for the underdog  i suppose. Found george hook very un gracious regards Leinster Win said that Cheika (spl) was a lucky manager
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Dinny Breen

Cheers AZ, GAA.

I mentioned it before but Cheika was building a team for knock-out rugby where defence is paramount, Leinster have the best defence in Europe and BOD is the cog that keeps that machine oiled. They have every chance in the final.

Yea I think we commented on Flannery and O'Callaghan's interviews as well, in hingsight you're probably right they were going through the motions with the Leinster praise.

For the record Munster are still the best team in Europe and it shows you how hard it is to do the double.
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

congrats Dinny
was thinking of how you would react to seeing your fave player quinlans disgraceful actions

lenster pack superb and cheika finally delivering a win that this team were hinting at providing over the past couple of years.
Reddan a fantastic addition for next season.
Elsom a huge loss though imo
I'd have preferred the hot/cold leceister over cardiff myself...think thats the best oppoent for leister imo

Dinny Breen

Quotewas thinking of how you would react to seeing your fave player quinlans disgraceful actions

He didn't let me down and it was for stupid things like that which always made me maintain that he should never be allowed near an Irish jersey, the ironic thing is that his wife is best mates with Leon Cullen's Mrs.

I'd have preferred the hot/cold leceister over cardiff myself...think thats the best oppoent for leister imo

Agree, think Cardiff would have been very dangerous, hopefully Johnny Murphy will be playing for Leicester, he's from Kildare Town and a sound bloke.

Anyone else think that penalty shoot-out was a terrible way to decide a game?
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I thought it was a shocking way to decide a HEC semi final. To be honest it made a skit of the whole thing. It was like some novelty way of deciding the married versus singles game on Stephens' Day. To see forwards trying to kick penalties to decide a HEC final was shocking.

Hoof Hearted

this sort of evens up Contepomi's absence in the final. Disappointing for both of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/leicester/8036156.stm
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Bord na Mona man

Any thoughts on Jonathan Sexton btw?
He seemed to take to the big occasion and looks to have lots of self belief.
He is young and can improve his penalty kicking and bulk up a bit.
He would be handy option for Ireland to have.

Bogball XV

i see they're betting 4/9 that quinlan misses the lions - whilst he was wrong, i think it's very harsh on him - maybe good for the lions chances all the same, as Croft is expected to be called in.

Roger

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 06, 2009, 06:08:32 PM
i see they're betting 4/9 that quinlan misses the lions - whilst he was wrong, i think it's very harsh on him - maybe good for the lions chances all the same, as Croft is expected to be called in.
I personally would have had Croft before Quinlan, however McGeechin has picked a squad and places a lot of emphasis on team development when it comes to the Lions.  I was speaking to an Ulster player the other night and he said it would be a bad thing for the tour as Quinlan is hateful to play against but as soon as the match is over he has an addictive personality and is great crack.  He felt that Quinlans presence would benefit the Lions tour immensely.

bcarrier

Well done to Leinster - hungrier side won.

The Welsh want Ryan Jones and the English Croft instead of Quinlan ...he has no chance of making the Lions IMO.
It isnt a gouging but that won make any difference. His hand shouldn't have been there.

Have gift grub done anything on the match  ? They did a classic one after last semi.

thejuice

Am I blind or what happened to the Ryanair rips off Leinster fans thread. I had another alternative money saving route for anyone travelling. Ah well.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

They will hardly be worrying about the cost of fares all the rusiness lawyers and doctors that will be going.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 07, 2009, 05:36:59 PM
They will hardly be worrying about the cost of fares all the rusiness lawyers and doctors that will be going.

They will be doing well to get 30,000 lawyers and doctors going to Edinburgh.

thejuice

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 07, 2009, 05:36:59 PM

is Gnevin a lawyer or a doctor?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016