The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

huge game ahead tomorrow really looking forward to it, just on the road to croker now (yerra its a home game for me  ;) ),

I'd expect some great early tackling with big hits to set the tempo for the game. The friendships made with Ireland will mean nothing tomorrow at 5.30.

Paul O'C is backed for first try 40/1. Twice this year he has paid out for me....

Hard to know how it will go but if Munster really front up like they did against the Ospreys it could make a long day for the Lady's but I dont think they will , both teams know each other well, but i'd expect an advantage in the Munster forward to win enough ball from both scrum and lineout.

Looking for a big game from Earls who has been on fire recently and backed up by Dougie and Mafi and the very underrated Dowling there is a backline who will expose any chinks in the Leinster armour and a powerful boot of Warwick to keep Leinster pinned backed.

Leinster have named an attacking backline , I would try and expose Horgan though defensively. But would expect a huge game form BOD he has had a great year so far.

Leinster really need Comptipomi to show up in this game, its his last chance to perform against Munster on the big stage, but he will be targetted early and often as will O'Gara on our side. Thats the nature of playing No 10.

O'Leary is a big loss but stringer will provide great cover. However I am worried about Mike Prendegast and his lack of game time if he needs to come on.

Time to STAND UP AND FIGHT...

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Gaffer

What is the ticket situation like now?

Are some coming available like the All Ireland Final tickets inevitably do the day before or are they still like hen's teeth?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Tankie

Quote from: Gaffer on May 01, 2009, 07:35:54 PM
What is the ticket situation like now?

Are some coming available like the All Ireland Final tickets inevitably do the day before or are they still like hen's teeth?

pretty much like all events, if you are involved in the club game etc you should be fine but if you are on a bandwagon its a good bit tougher!
Grand Slam Saturday!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: muppet on May 01, 2009, 06:26:30 PM
If Leinster people who support Munster are called Lunsters,

what do you call Connacht people who support them?  ???

Cunsters.

Roger

Quote from: thejuice on May 01, 2009, 05:30:31 PM
To be honest I didnt know there was inter-provincial rugby till Ulster won the HC. I thought you just had the likes of Bucaneers, Cork Con and Navan with the next level being International. And in that sense I've never felt compelled to suddenly start cheering either team. I'll watch the game and as I said earlier I'll cheer whichever Irish team get to the final.
For me that's about the time when inter-pro rugby died.  Now there are just four senior clubs with a load of foreigners making up the teams.  Used to be Ulster rugby supporters would have preferred Munster, now I know no one here that wants Munster to win. 

fred the red

Quote from: Roger on May 01, 2009, 09:58:43 PM
To be honest I didnt know there was inter-provincial rugby till Ulster won the HC. I thought you just had the likes of Bucaneers, Cork Con and Navan with the next level being International. And in that sense I've never felt compelled to suddenly start cheering either team. I'll watch the game and as I said earlier I'll cheer whichever Irish team get to the final.
For me that's about the time when inter-pro rugby died.  Now there are just four senior clubs with a load of foreigners making up the teams.  Used to be Ulster rugby supporters would have preferred Munster, now I know no one here that wants Munster to win. 

lies.

im from ulster and i want them to win. I know lots more in the same boat.

Hoof Hearted

i cant understand why anyone wouldn't support another irish team in the final !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Roger

Quote from: fred the red on May 01, 2009, 10:10:01 PM

lies.

Well you're the first.  In my club and those I know in rugby circles they all prefer Leinster to Munster.  My dad is old school and he prefers Munster. 

Btw, do I know you? About which bit do you feel the need to call me a liar?

Roger

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 01, 2009, 10:35:34 PM
i cant understand why anyone wouldn't support another irish team in the final !
It's only a semi-final tomorrow.

Hoof Hearted

yeah i know but there is going to be an irish team in the final. so if its Munster, very few from Ulster will support them but if it's Leinster they will support them ?

Roger

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 01, 2009, 10:42:08 PM
yeah i know but there is going to be an irish team in the final. so if its Munster, very few from Ulster will support them but if it's Leinster they will support them ?
Don't really know to be honest.  I just think there is a general preference in Ulster rugby circles for a preference of Leinster and Connaught over Munster these days. My dad can't understand that.  It used to be a general thing in rugby circles that Leinster were considered as 'the establishment' or the 'fancy dans' or something and there was a general Munster, Ulster and Connaught binding against them.  Nothing sinister, just a preference.

fred the red

Quote from: Roger on May 01, 2009, 10:38:36 PM
Quote from: fred the red on May 01, 2009, 10:10:01 PM

lies.

Well you're the first.  In my club and those I know in rugby circles they all prefer Leinster to Munster.  My dad is old school and he prefers Munster. 

Btw, do I know you? About which bit do you feel the need to call me a liar?

thankfully, i dont know you.

You said that you know 'no one here' wants munster to win. obviously theres loads in ulster that want munster to win.

Hoof Hearted

maybe it's just a general thing in sport that when a team gets established as winners, i.e Man U in Soccer, Armagh and Tyrone in Gaelic then people start despising them. I remember growing up and cheering against the likes of Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Eric Bristow, John McEnroe etc, for the simple reason that they were winners

Roger

Quote from: fred the red on May 01, 2009, 10:51:35 PM
thankfully, i dont know you.
My loss then  ::)

QuoteYou said that you know 'no one here' wants munster to win. obviously theres loads in ulster that want munster to win.
I'm fairly involved in rugby circles and that is the case here.  I'm sure there are people who want Munster to win apart from my dad, but I just don't know them.

Roger

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 01, 2009, 10:51:50 PM
maybe it's just a general thing in sport that when a team gets established as winners, i.e Man U in Soccer, Armagh and Tyrone in Gaelic then people start despising them. I remember growing up and cheering against the likes of Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Eric Bristow, John McEnroe etc, for the simple reason that they were winners
That's quite possibly a big contributor.