The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 01, 2009, 01:48:05 PM
QuoteAgreed. Is it just me or are the Munster fans overly confident. Everyone of them I've spoken to doesn't give Leinster a chance of getting within a score of them?

It's not you, every Munster fan I've talked to really believe they'll wipe the floor with Leinster. The thing that has given me the greatest hope for Saturday is O'Driscolls interview on The Rugby Club, he looked very relaxed and just radated confidence. With the backline picked I think Leinster are going to go for the jugular and if they can silence the 50K odd Munster fans they really can pull this off. Here's hoping...

Dinny,I watched that interview, he seemed remarkably calm, and looking forward to the day. i suspect his first tackle might just be a very big hit
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Dinny Breen

QuoteDinny,I watched that interview, he seemed remarkably calm, and looking forward to the day. i suspect his first tackle might just be a very big hit

i thought the contrast with the Munster players DOC and Flannery in particular was interesting as both of them came across very nervous and almost tetchy.....
#newbridgeornowhere

Roger

Fingers crossed for a Leinster win.

Tankie

I actually feel sick thinking about the game, i even find it hard to watch interviews and programs talking about the game.
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 01, 2009, 01:48:05 PM
QuoteAgreed. Is it just me or are the Munster fans overly confident. Everyone of them I've spoken to doesn't give Leinster a chance of getting within a score of them?

It's not you, every Munster fan I've talked to really believe they'll wipe the floor with Leinster
. The thing that has given me the greatest hope for Saturday is O'Driscolls interview on The Rugby Club, he looked very relaxed and just radated confidence. With the backline picked I think Leinster are going to go for the jugular and if they can silence the 50K odd Munster fans they really can pull this off. Here's hoping...

Not this one!!!

The GAA

Agreed about the rugby club interviews - BOD was very cool. Flannery came across as jumpy and nervous. both himself and O'Callaghan were at great pains to point out Leinsters strengths and achievements - almost reading from a list and stopping to think what they'd left out fromthe script!

I think this will be a leinster win. i like the look of their starting xv but the bench is very weak - an area munster have a big advantage.

It'll probably rest on the doc's goal kicking and given it his last dance for leinster i expect a big game from him.

Dinny Breen

Quotei suspect his first tackle might just be a very big hit

Something like this would set the tone nicely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_9_y5gYgvY
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteNot this one!!!

Feck off!!! Lunsters don't count..
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

I wonder are their any Munster born and bred that are supporting Leinster? I suppose whoevers winning there'll bound to be some bandwagoners jumping.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tankie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 01, 2009, 03:11:00 PM
QuoteNot this one!!!

Feck off!!! Lunsters don't count..

it must be his Leinster blood holding him back from calling for a mass slaughter of hi own people  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Quote from: thejuice on May 01, 2009, 03:27:20 PM
I wonder are their any Munster born and bred that are supporting Leinster? I suppose whoevers winning there'll bound to be some bandwagoners jumping.

No there a Lunsters because Munster were the first dominant provincial side and alot of Leinster people generally from Laoise/off/KK areas jumped on the bandwagon, the would be alot in the west too. But it would be rare that you got a Meinster as Munster were the team to support.  Also you gotta remember most Lunsters only discovered rugby in the past 5years..
Grand Slam Saturday!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 01, 2009, 01:33:39 PM
QuoteThats a big call at 15!  Has Nacewa played there before for Leinster? Has he EVER played at 15 before?

He was signed as a full back outstanding for the Auckland Blues in that position in the Super 14.

Personally I think it's a great move.
Cheers for the heads up on Nacewa DB.  I havent really paid too much attention down under since it was the Super 12!  Is not as good as it used to be IMO and the southern hemisphere version of the ELV's has turned most games into a try fest, which is probably what some people want to see, but its not my cup of tea  :-\  

thejuice

Quote from: Tankie on May 01, 2009, 03:49:23 PM
Quote from: thejuice on May 01, 2009, 03:27:20 PM

No there a Lunsters because Munster were the first dominant provincial side and alot of Leinster people generally from Laoise/off/KK areas jumped on the bandwagon, the would be alot in the west too. But it would be rare that you got a Meinster as Munster were the team to support.  Also you gotta remember most Lunsters only discovered rugby in the past 5years..

To be honest I didnt know there was inter-provincial rugby till Ulster won the HC. I thought you just had the likes of Bucaneers, Cork Con and Navan with the next level being International. And in that sense I've never felt compelled to suddenly start cheering either team. I'll watch the game and as I said earlier I'll cheer whichever Irish team get to the final.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

If Leinster people who support Munster are called Lunsters,

what do you call Connacht people who support them?  ???
MWWSI 2017