The Heineken Cup Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, October 09, 2008, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 21, 2012, 11:08:26 PM
1/4 final weekend is 6/7/8/April - aka Good Fri Holy Sat and Easter Sun. The publicans will be hopeful Limerick and dublin avoid the Fri night slot - a big brown envelope to sky perhaps ?

Didn't ths happen before and there was a special dispensation?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cicfada

I would be amazed if they got another dispensation!  I don't rate their chances highly  of getting one this time as this government seems to want to clamp down on alcoholic abuse judging by what the minister said there  last week!

AZOffaly

Easter Sunday at 1.45 in Thomond Park for Munster v Ulster.

Leinster get the primetime slot on Saturday evening.

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2012, 10:13:28 AM
Easter Sunday at 1.45 in Thomond Park for Munster v Ulster.

Leinster get the primetime slot on Saturday evening.
Pubs will be happy to avoid good friday anyways!

AZOffaly

True, it'll make for a long day though :D

whitegoodman

Would this time give a very small advantage to Ulster?  I would say you would rather play Munster at Thomand on a Sunday lunchtime rather than a saturday evening.  It may be a small thing but cant see the atmosphere being as red hot on a sunday lunchtime as a saturday evening when Munster usually prefer to play.

Maybe Im clutching at straws for the ulstermen!!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 25, 2012, 01:08:42 PM
Would this time give a very small advantage to Ulster?  I would say you would rather play Munster at Thomand on a Sunday lunchtime rather than a saturday evening.  It may be a small thing but cant see the atmosphere being as red hot on a sunday lunchtime as a saturday evening when Munster usually prefer to play.

Maybe Im clutching at straws for the ulstermen!!!

I don't think Ulster need to clutch at straws, but yes, I think you have point there. On the other hand, it was the same timing when they played Ospresys in the QF there a couple of years ago and the place was rocking, and Munster hung 40+ points on them, so I don't think it would be an excuse from Munster.

Dinny Breen

Very valid I agree, they played Quins last year with a 1pm KO and it was very muted and Quins won comfortable enough. Ulster will bring a big support what will their ticket allocation be?

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 25, 2012, 01:20:07 PM
Very valid I agree, they played Quins last year with a 1pm KO and it was very muted and Quins won comfortable enough. Ulster will bring a big support what will their ticket allocation be?

About 20 :D No they get an increased allowance alright. I'm expecting a good Ulster crowd down, which will spur on the Munster fans too I'd suspect. Anyone coming down? I'll buy ye a pint :D

Keane

Very tough draw for Munster, Ulster are one of the form teams in the HEC and are still pretty underrated.

Assuming they come through the Six Nations with a clean bill of health they'll be tough to beat.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Keane on January 25, 2012, 02:34:22 PM
Very tough draw for Munster, Ulster are one of the form teams in the HEC and are still pretty underrated.

Assuming they come through the Six Nations with a clean bill of health they'll be tough to beat.

Kidney won't pick any of them so they'll be fine  ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 25, 2012, 01:20:07 PM
I was at that Amlin cup match if thats the one you are talking about and it was fair muted alright. Heineken cup will be a different story and the place will be jumping. Throat is still recovering from Milton Keynes last Saturday!

Keane

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 25, 2012, 02:36:48 PM

Ah don't get me started on that clown!

Hardy

Quote from: Keane on January 25, 2012, 03:15:41 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 25, 2012, 02:36:48 PM

Ah don't get me started on that clown!

How quickly they forget!

Keane

Quote from: Hardy on January 25, 2012, 03:40:10 PM

How quickly they forget!

This isn't the thread for the discussion, but winning a Grand Slam on the lowest ebb of the RWC preparation curve for Wales, France and England was a moderate achievement.