DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: tyrone86 on January 19, 2009, 12:34:39 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 18, 2009, 11:24:06 PM
Yeah he probably is forgot about that. Peter Donnelly has started all McKenna Cup games and played centre half back today so it wouldnt be a shock if he starts.

Get away out of that. It would be a shock for me if he's still on the panel. On the strength of that performance today, he's a poor man's Horse Devlin.

Harte is obviously a fan considering the number of years he's been on the panel now. The fact that he has played all 3 games would suggest to me that he could be in line to start. Wouldnt pick him myself.

goal and a point

Will this match be live on TV - Setanta or Tg4

GAA_Punter

I see ladbrokes have this game priced up
6/4 Dublin
8/1 Draw
4/6 Tyrone

Anyone think these prices might be a little out ?

robertemmet

what other NFL / NHL games are on Setanta

under the bar

QuoteI see ladbrokes have this game priced up
6/4 Dublin
8/1 Draw
4/6 Tyrone

Dublin HT, draw FT.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ONeill

What's the story with th uni fellas, will the likes of Colm Cavanagh be available?

I didn't think Donnelly was too bad yesterday. I think he likes the heavy going!

Cassidy v Hughes for the spot alongside Enda?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Canalman

Spoke to our juvenile chairman at the weekend who was told in the County Board that it is looking like close to a sellout for the game. "Fairweather supporters " my hole. What is the next angle of attack on the Dubs lads?
Here's hoping we introduce a few battlers/"toerags" into our backline to give us an edge we haven't had for years. Too many Development Squad nice guys in the backs  imo have cost us dearly in the last few years.
Can't see us winning though!!!!!

heffo

Quote from: C_Berg_316 on January 19, 2009, 02:04:52 PM
Collie Holmes was told to do a job of just blocking Whealens runs for the Kick outs in the championship game last year and it has to be said he done it quite effectively.

Hang those who say Tyrone play a cynical brand of football!

Hound

Quote from: heffo on January 19, 2009, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: C_Berg_316 on January 19, 2009, 02:04:52 PM
Collie Holmes was told to do a job of just blocking Whealens runs for the Kick outs in the championship game last year and it has to be said he done it quite effectively.

Hang those who say Tyrone play a cynical brand of football!
And with Whelan being such an over-rated useless hoor according to them all, you'd wonder why Mickey feels the need to use special tactics against him............
Maybe coz the rest of them are even worse!

Not pleasant news hearing Tyrone piled on a cricket score at the weekend, against opposition who were putting it up to them too.
As Indiana has been saying for a few weeks now, we could be in for an awful beating.
At least expectations are low. Tyrone odds on favourites with the bookies and will probably get even shorter.

ONeill

Quote from: Hound on January 19, 2009, 03:30:10 PM

Not pleasant news hearing Tyrone piled on a cricket score at the weekend, against opposition who were putting it up to them too.
As Indiana has been saying for a few weeks now, we could be in for an awful beating.
At least expectations are low. Tyrone odds on favourites with the bookies and will probably get even shorter.

Why do I feel you don't totally believe that? Sure didn't Tyrone struggle to overcome a group of students during the week.

What new faces should we look out for on the Dub side? Any probable line-out?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

A colleague of mine has tickets in a box, part of a "consortium".  He was just offered £75 for a ticket for the match. 

Tyrone Dreamer

There isnt much middle ground with the Dubs supporters. Last August you's didnt give Tyrone much of a chance and now we're unbeatable. Would imagine it will be a very close game. Imagine if the new rules had been in place the last time Tyrone played Dublin as All Ireland champions in 1st league game, would have been some players of that day.