DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Dublin will be up against it. If we can keep it to single figures after last August that would represent progress. Tyrone will be even stronger than last year with SON and co back. We're in transition and will be experimental in the league. Can't see anything other than a comphrehensive Tyrone win.

heffo

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 19, 2009, 06:41:23 PM
There isnt much middle ground with the Dubs supporters. Last August you's didnt give Tyrone much of a chance and now we're unbeatable. Would imagine it will be a very close game. Imagine if the new rules had been in place the last time Tyrone played Dublin as All Ireland champions in 1st league game, would have been some players of that day.

I think most Dublin posters on the board were weary about the amount of AI medals Tyrone had and had a nagging feeling at the back of their minds.

Both teams form coming into the game justified the pre match odds and if I were in the same situation again I'd still have put my money on Dublin - Tyrone had no form coming into the game.

Anyhoo, back to Saturday week - Dublin haven't played a competitive game since August, will field an experimental team and I expect Tyrone to win by 5/6

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: heffo on January 19, 2009, 07:41:58 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 19, 2009, 06:41:23 PM
There isnt much middle ground with the Dubs supporters. Last August you's didnt give Tyrone much of a chance and now we're unbeatable. Would imagine it will be a very close game. Imagine if the new rules had been in place the last time Tyrone played Dublin as All Ireland champions in 1st league game, would have been some players of that day.

I think most Dublin posters on the board were weary about the amount of AI medals Tyrone had and had a nagging feeling at the back of their minds.

Both teams form coming into the game justified the pre match odds and if I were in the same situation again I'd still have put my money on Dublin - Tyrone had no form coming into the game.

Anyhoo, back to Saturday week - Dublin haven't played a competitive game since August, will field an experimental team and I expect Tyrone to win by 5/6
You are cuter than a Kerry hewer
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tyrone Dreamer

Tyrone have had a few games behind them but there has been a lot of experimenting done. The games also weren't close to the intensity this will be played at. I would guess at this stage the team have only trained 2 or 3 times maximum together. Dublin on the other hand have been for a weeks tough foreign training and no doubt have built on that since coming back. If anything they should have the edge in fitness.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on January 19, 2009, 07:12:41 PM
Dublin will be up against it. If we can keep it to single figures after last August that would represent progress. Tyrone will be even stronger than last year with SON and co back. We're in transition and will be experimental in the league. Can't see anything other than a comphrehensive Tyrone win.
[/quote

I predict a 10 point win for Dublin - Tyrone are only back from their holidays and haven't trained this year so far. And they were all pissed at the wedding at the weekend.

Can't see anything other than a comphrehensive Tyrone Dublin win.   ;)

INDIANA

Edge in fitness? You must be joking. We haven't played a game since august . They trained hard on the week away, but they aren't killing themselves at the moment since ther return(didn't train at all last week), thats a fact. Thats why I can't see anything other than a tyrone win. Very hard to expect dublin to win with no games behind them.

Tyrone Dreamer

What was the point in doing 1 weeks tough training in isolation? Surely it makes no sense to train flat out for a week and then do nothing in the weeks after it?

INDIANA

Listen I 'm not the brains behind the operation, how should I know? They'll be training this week ;D. Maybe now you'll see why I'm pessimistic.

Tyrone Dreamer

Aye but home advantage should be worth a few points for the Dubs!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 19, 2009, 09:19:58 PM
Aye but home advantage should be worth a few points for the Dubs!!!

Here we go again.....  :D
Testing Accessibility

red hander

Anybody any idea how the tickets are going?

ardmhachaabu

With all the soap opera drama surrounding it, I just wish it was over already so the Dubs could find something else to cry about  :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on January 19, 2009, 09:56:42 PM
With all the soap opera drama surrounding it, I just wish it was over already so the Dubs could find something else to cry about  :D

Like playing an up-coming Championship match outside of CP?
Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

INDIANA

Nice attempt at a wind-up lads , you'll have to do a bit better than that!