anti gaa interference or a mod abusing power?

Started by smcafee, September 10, 2008, 01:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smcafee

this board is now being told what to do by some one from the owc website.

after looking at the owc web site today i ask what interest do they have in gaa?

the answer is to destroy it.

what interest does this other mc afee at owc have in gaa?does he even exist?

Gaaboardmod3 abused his power in the past to ban me for one week when i should have just been warned.

i got a message today from gaaboardmod3 telling me to change my name because someone on the owc website also has that name and that my name on this board would be deleted at 3 pm.

not only do they want to hurt tony fearon but do they want to control this gaa board as well or is a mod abusing his power because he doesnt like me?

the gaa is the great thing about being irish.its stood strong over a century of british oppression and murder.i am not going to give in to it so i will close my account before they do.

you might not like what i say but i think it is sad that i cant post because of a person who i think has not interest in gaa but to destroy it says so.

remember that our revenge will be the laughter of our children but that and peace will not come until ireland is free.

if you dont see this later you know that owc want to hide the truth.

ive posted my exchange below

goodbye.and i hope kerry hammer tyrone.

QuoteGaaboardmod3

I'm going to delete this account this evening. You are using the real name of a member of the OWC forum, who has contacted the forum. I will give you until 3 o'clock to save personal messages or whatever you need to do, unless you post anything inflammatory in the meantime in which case you will be banned.

You are free to re-register, but please be aware that the mods will know your new identity, and any warnings you are carrying will be applicable to the new user name.

Thanks.

my reply

my board name has nothing to do with the owc forum.it is my real name.

i never visited the owc forum until today and i have no idea what you are talking about.

i find it unbelieveable that i am being told to change my board name because some one who might have the same name who does not post here does not like it.

seamus mc afee.

reply by Gaaboardmod3

If it is a genuine duplication of name, then that is unfortunate. The way you have carried on recently, and the posts you have made, make me doubt that is genuine.

I also believe you used his avatar here as well originally. Is that also false?

If this is just a pure coincidence, that someone with such anti-OWC views shares a name with such a prominent OWC person, then I would ask you to send me that on. I will pass it on to the person who contacted us, and hopefully he will agree.

I gravely doubt it though.

If I'm wrong, I apologise, but I don't apologise for finding your behavoiur recently out of order.

my final reply

seamus mc afee is my real name.

is it wrong to hold different views to some one else?i dont apologise for the views i hold,views that pc people like yourself try to supress on a board that allows people with no interest in gaa to attack it.

i do not know anything about an avatar.

where is the proof that this member of owc website exists?

i feel that this coincidence is being used as an excuse to ban me here for life.i remember you banning me for 1 week under rule 4 when i should have just been warned.just because you might not like me is no excuse for abusing your power.

this is the last i will talk to you as i find your actions unreasonable.

goodbye.

seamus mc afee

ziggysego

Replied to your PM, but you had been deleted by that stage. Sorry.
Testing Accessibility

nifan

Gaaboardmod3

Is there a third option to that question in thread title?

How about 'A poster continually acting the maggot'.

For the record, the ban smcafee mentions was for advocating shooting someone in the back of the head. It was probably the most reported post in the history of the GAABoard. Many forums would have banned him permanently right then.

Secondly, as you can see from his PM messages to and from me, above, I gave him a chance to give me a convincing story that his username was not a windup, and I would attempt to sort out the issue with the third party.

Finally, as you can also see, I told him there he was free to re-register, but that we would carry over previous warnings etc. In other words, if he came on with some of the stuff he had posted under smcafee, he would be banned permanently.

I have over 400 PMs sent at this stage. I try to explain to people what's going on, and why we do things, most of the time at least. It's far from unusual for me to PM anybody, and I'd say many of ye would be able vouch for that. I don't PM myself.

Also, one final point, the account was, as he says himself, deleted by him. I was waiting to see if we could broker some compromise with the person in question, but he decided to pull the plug himself. That's fine by me.

billy the kid

Just seen PM there and to be honest the Mods are being a joke. (suppose I will be banned now too)

Why are yous letting someone with not only has no interest in GAA but are blatantly biased
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Main Street

nifan

billy, i think the point the mod is getting across is that the use of anonymous peoples real names without their consent is not on (similar to other personal details) as people have rightly said about tonys details on OWC.
If the posters name was a reference to this its fair enough for it to be removed - whether the person is interested in the gaa or not, that has nothing to do with the issue.

billy the kid

If the poster smcafee is using his real name as i think he is he can hardly be asked to change it however after reading the mods post about him suggesting someone is shot in the back of the head a while back I have no sympathy for him as he should of been kicked of the board then.

I have never been on OWC and I never intend to as by all accounts it is a pit for sectarian wind-ups and full of unsavoury characters.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

nifan

Quote from: billy the kid on September 10, 2008, 03:59:34 PM
I have never been on OWC and I never intend to as by all accounts it is a pit for sectarian wind-ups and full of unsavoury characters.

thank god that carry on would never happen here eh ;)

AZOffaly

In fairness nifan. OWC is very hardline sometimes. There's some way out of order stuff here too, but generally it's kept in hand, I think.

The Iceman

how many smcafees are there in the world?
Should I change my name now in case Chuck Lidell complains to the GAA Board?

I think the mod mentioned is being absolutely ridiculous and your decision is playing right into the hands of the OWC poster.

So what if there is a duplicate - what difference does it make?

the site needs to get back to the basics and stop listening to all these ball bags from elsewhere

You have every right to not allow anyone from OWC on this site - I suggest you exercise that right and stop punishing your own
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

nifan

Quote from: The Iceman on September 10, 2008, 04:18:21 PM
I suggest you exercise that right and stop punishing your own

it should not come down to "your own"
the mod carries out the rules of the board

The Iceman

why should GAA board member business be dictated by an OWC member who happens to take offense at a GAA Board members name?

own = GAA board

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

the Deel Rover

Quote from: nifan on September 10, 2008, 04:03:03 PM
Quote from: billy the kid on September 10, 2008, 03:59:34 PM

thank god that carry on would never happen here eh ;)

Just wondering nifan do you really think the statement is true of this board ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001