EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Spangler

Quote from: noeldebrun on September 05, 2008, 12:45:46 AM
Quote from: Star Spangler on September 05, 2008, 12:24:14 AM
Not every single player voted to have him back - if they did MH would have said so when he was asked but he avoided answering directly.

How fit is SON? Anyone see him play lately?

about a fortnight ago he took part in an 86 mile cycle race thingy and he also has been doing a lot of cycling recently and apparently he has been top class in the matches he's played in

Apparently bike riding is great for the hamstrings.  That's why they never had hammer problems in the 40s and 50s.

ONeill

The whole thing is still extremely bizarre, but time to move on. My take is that a majority of players want O'Neill to be there after what he has contributed over the last 10 years (they all owe him one for '05) and O'Neill himself wants to be there. The obstacle that has prevented him from doing so has been put on the back burner for the sake of the side. I also feel Mickey relented in the name of team harmony, but also wants him there anyway.

It can only be positive and if we're not good enough with or without O'Neill so be it. I feel good about this one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mike Sheehy

Sorry, what age did ye say Stephen O'Neill was again ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Lads, done deal, move on, and close this fecking thread! Stevie's been cycling every night about 30 miles (at least).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Frank Casey

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 04, 2008, 11:49:36 PM
My own thoughts on this Kerry side is that they are vastly overrated when you look at the great Kerry teams of the past.  They had some proper opposition to getting the 3 in a rows that Kerry have achieved BUT not this squad.  This squad have actually been lucky not to face a northern team in the final every year (Armagh/Tyrone) since 2000 especially.  This Kerry squad are lucky to have achieved as much as they have.  If it hadn't have been for injuries, Ulster wouldn't have let Kerry get even as much as one AI since 2000, or at the least Ulster teams as a whole would have made Kerry fight for them at final level.

Are Kerry now to blame because Ulster teams didn't get to those finals.
See below. At least we got some bit of real opposition on the way.
Should we denigrate any an every AI winner beause of some perceived flaw in their road to Croker. People, Glasshouses, Stones, etc.

Quote from: Kerry Mike on September 05, 2008, 06:53:14 PM
And lets not forget in our last 7 All Ireland winning years we have beaten the best of what Ulster has thrown up to us on our route to winning Sam again and again.

1985 bate Monaghan
1986 bate Tyrone
1997 bate Cavan
2000 bate Armagh
2004 bate Derry
2006 bate Armagh
2007 bate Monaghan

and in 2008 we have already beaten Monaghan.

Now away with your shite that Kerry can not beat Ulster teams

KERRY 3:7

Tyrones own

Away and learn how to use the quote box....ye auld shite ye :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

QuoteLads, done deal, move on, and close this fecking thread!

No way, this one is going to run and run  :D :D

Tell us again how badly he's going to roast Tom O'Sullivan...should we put two players marking him ?...or maybe 3 ?
Honestly, I think we should put at least 2 players on him just to keep the score respectable.

Tyrone_redhand

It doesn't matter, stevie will roast youse no matter who you put on him

Mike Sheehy

tyssam5

Quote from: Star Spangler on September 05, 2008, 07:52:24 PM
Quote from: noeldebrun on September 05, 2008, 12:45:46 AM
Quote from: Star Spangler on September 05, 2008, 12:24:14 AM
Not every single player voted to have him back - if they did MH would have said so when he was asked but he avoided answering directly.

How fit is SON? Anyone see him play lately?

about a fortnight ago he took part in an 86 mile cycle race thingy and he also has been doing a lot of cycling recently and apparently he has been top class in the matches he's played in

Apparently bike riding is great for the hamstrings.  That's why they never had hammer problems in the 40s and 50s.

Mr Puke Football himself was partial to cycling one of them big black farmers' bikes up hills around Kerry when recovering from injury.

Mike Sheehy

I believe you are mixing him up  with Seamus Moynihan (Seamus referred to cycling an old bike around the hills of Glenflesk when recovering from injury)...Pat Spillane used to swim across Kenmare bay when recovering from his injuries.

Over the Bar

Quote« Last Edit: Today at 06:42:03 AM by Mike Sheehy »

Mike do you never go to bed???

Mike Sheehy

yes..right about now, just gone midnight in Hawaii......Aloha auinapo

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Baile an tuaigh

Stephen coming back will be nothing but good for Tyrone coming into this final. People suggesting that players might be disgruntled for fear they might loose their place, won't be a distraction as much as opposed to the confidence it will bring to the panel having a man of that caliber in the ranks.

Willie O Connor ex Kilkenny Hurler once said that he would rather be fresh than fit. Stephen O Neill's appetite must be back when he is willing to commit again. The break will have done him good. Also the other side of the coin is that it presents Kerry with an other headache.