Waterford hurler cashing in on eBay

Started by Bord na Mona man, August 26, 2008, 10:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Looks like Eoin McGrath is selling the jerseys he either wears or swaps on eBay.  ;D

Waterford jersey from Tipp game
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110281845071

Previous items sold.
Wexford, Offaly and Antrim jerseys swapped this year.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=lacksrus&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

youngfella

Hes making a fair few quid at it too, fair play to him, whats 342 yo yos in real money ?
Pull hard and early

Puckoon

Interesting. Actually, I think its not that cool- how much of that stuff is supplied to him free of charge - boots, training gear, and swapped shirts.

Would the county board care if they saw that they'd supplied those three pairs of boots that he has sold on there?

EddieMerx

I see he bought a slendertone................ wonder if that was for Dan ;)

orangeman

Quote from: EddieMerx on August 27, 2008, 09:13:27 AM
I see he bought a slendertone................ wonder if that was for Dan ;)

It mustn't be working too well !  ;)

aontroim

Being the skeptic that i am, I thought for a semi-final there would be writing on the shirt to signify the occasion - but it looks to be legit!

And who says white men can't jump??

orangeman

Quote from: aontroim on August 27, 2008, 11:32:03 AM
Being the skeptic that i am, I thought for a semi-final there would be writing on the shirt to signify the occasion - but it looks to be legit!

And who says white men can't jump??

Wouldn't you just love to hit him a good slap as he comes down ???.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: aontroim on August 27, 2008, 11:32:03 AM

Alot of counties would,I say Wexford will on sunday because it will be a new experience for the players,but I'd say Waterford are so sick of losing semi finals at this stage they wouldn't want the reminder of it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Perhaps putting the cash into a players fund or it would have been a nice bit of p.r to present the money to charidee. . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Any chance of moving this thread to the main gaa section? Id like to hear what other people think of it, and there must not be much traffic in here...

seafoid

Everyone's a prostitute . E-bay is more dignified than a full interview and spread with VIP magazine.

EddieMerx

Waterford Lurker

according to sources on another site (upthedeise.com) teh shirt was sold for charity....

so maybe not as clearcut as one might think!
Up the Déise

EddieMerx

I would be sceptical to be honest, no mention of a charity in the description – any charity listings I have ever seen has mentioned the cause and charity. Judging by the profile history quiet a few other jerseys have been sold.

The Description also states that he was going to keep it but had enough jerseys already! If it were for Charity surely something more apt would be used as a description.

Minder

Quote from: EddieMerx on September 02, 2008, 08:21:02 AM
I would be sceptical to be honest, no mention of a charity in the description – any charity listings I have ever seen has mentioned the cause and charity. Judging by the profile history quiet a few other jerseys have been sold.

The Description also states that he was going to keep it but had enough jerseys already! If it were for Charity surely something more apt would be used as a description.

Aye b*llocks its going to charity, people always mention if it is for charity. I think he thought he could get away with it and nobody would notice.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"