Has this Arma Team found their level?

Started by In the Onion Bag, August 09, 2008, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

I know a lot of Arma boys will be making their way home tails between their legs but they need to ask themselves these questions.

8, 9 or maybe even 10 Ulster titles but shit all AIs to show for it.  Similar to Derry in the 90s.  The questions have to be:

·   Was this just another ordinary team of under achievers or was there an AI in them?

·   Can Arma ever recover respectability within football circles having been convincingly whipped by a hurling County at such a vital stage in the competition?

Earlier my Arma mate was seeking to trade 2 AI final hurling tickets for 2 football final tickets.  Confidence or just silly cockiness?

dodgy umpire

who cares , better we dont have to see their ugly football for another year
The Boys in Red and Black are back

pintsofguinness

·   Can Arma ever recover respectability within football circles having been convincingly whipped by a hurling County at such a vital stage in the competition?

Well Wexford can't be that bad, they hammered Down just last week and we all know how great they are  :D

I would have thought you'd be embarrassed enough last week without starting this thread to embarrass yourself further.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lecale2

I think the great Armagh one in a row team has had it's day.  They will be remembered for their All Ireland win but also as under achievers who could have won so much more.

The celebrations when they drew Wexford were over the top and disrespectful to Wexford. Will McDonnell stay for another year? Will he be welcome to stay? I think a great opportunity for Armagh was thrown away today.

In the Onion Bag

Couldn't agree more DU.  Arma have infected the great game with a serious degree of negative and sinister play. The quicker we weed that crap out of the game the better.  Well done Wexford for finding the answer to it.

For POG. We haven't won whatever number of Ulsters you have but if we had I can guarantee we would have done more that your lot. PS: getting back to the question. Do you really think there was an AI in this boring team?

You are right. Wexford are not that bad, even with an injured Mattie they proved today they are very good.  Consolate yourself with the knowledge that Dublin didn't get the paws on you.

screenexile

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 09, 2008, 08:00:35 PM
Couldn't agree more DU.  Arma have infected the great game with a serious degree of negative and sinister play. The quicker we weed that crap out of the game the better.  Well done Wexford for finding the answer to it.

For POG. We haven't won whatever number of Ulsters you have but if we had I can guarantee we would have done more that your lot. PS: getting back to the question. Do you really think there was an AI in this boring team?

You are right. Wexford are not that bad, even with an injured Mattie they proved today they are very good.  Consolate yourself with the knowledge that Dublin didn't get the paws on you.

And if your Granny had balls she'd be your Granda! What a completely stupid statement. How are you going to guarantee anything? Your team never got in that position so your argument is completely redundant!

pintsofguinness

QuoteCouldn't agree more DU.  Arma have infected the great game with a serious degree of negative and sinister play. The quicker we weed that crap out of the game the better.  Well done Wexford for finding the answer to it.

Is this from someone supporting the county who were part of one of the worse games seen in Croke Park?
Hehehe

:D
Go on amuse me, how could you guarantee that?

Bacon

Wexford have over achived IMO rather than Armagh under achieving. You shouldn't take it away from them. They won it well on the park.

It says it all about the Armagh support when POG says he was waiting for the final. I'd say there was a fair few like him.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

ziggysego

Just up to Tyrone to keep the Ulster flag flying.....

No Ulster teams in the semi for another :(
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

It says it all about the Armagh support when POG says he was waiting for the final. I'd say there was a fair few like him.
I can't afford to keep running to croke park, we've been doing it for years now, it's not a novelty.

Bacon

???

Like I said, it says it all about Armagh supporters.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

In the Onion Bag

Screen Exile,
Thanks for the jib and am sorry for mentioning the Derry 90s team, didn't want to hurt you.  Unlike Arma you have been through this pain before.

I could come back re your 'redundant arguments' comments but I have hurt you enough already it seems.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 09, 2008, 08:12:10 PM
QuoteCouldn't agree more DU.  Arma have infected the great game with a serious degree of negative and sinister play. The quicker we weed that crap out of the game the better.  Well done Wexford for finding the answer to it.

Is this from someone supporting the county who were part of one of the worse games seen in Croke Park?
Hehehe

on a very poor day in dublin. otherwise we're said to be the "aristocrats" and we're known for playing good football.
The Boys in Red and Black are back

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dodgy umpire on August 09, 2008, 08:25:57 PM

Hehehe

on a very poor day in dublin. otherwise we're said to be the "aristocrats" and we're known for playing good football.

Ok I'll let you in on a secret, when people say you're the "aristocrats" - they're kinda mocking you, it's sarcastic, we're all laughing at you. 

Sorry.

SCENTOFSAM

Hehehe
No but it seems to come from a man whose county were represeted by the winning team in the two of the best games in modern football Down v Derry 1994 & Down v Tyrone 2008.
Talking about worst game in Croke Park. The greatest humiliation in history for an Ulster team. September 1977

[