3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I've downloaded about 300 apps over the last few months - all free though. Usually keep them for a day or two unless they do something for me. At the minute I'm like an astronomy one that tells you whats in the sky from your location. Long-termers are the Independent newspaper, Skyports. Facebook, Twitter, Fitnio and NY Times
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell

What version are you on minder? I have 3.1. Think there is 3.1.2 out now. Have no broadband lately so can't update.

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 13, 2009, 07:40:49 PM
What version are you on minder? I have 3.1. Think there is 3.1.2 out now. Have no broadband lately so can't update.

Updated on Friday so must be latest version. The tvplayer works with 3G connection, does not need to be WiFi.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

I'm totally updated on a 3GS. It wont let me run this.

Just get a message saying "You are not authorized to view this file".


Archie Mitchell

Must update soon then. Just be aware of usage and even though on free Internet, it's subject to fair use policy. Not sure how much would be used to use that link.

I seen it working on a 3G and 3GS iPhone today. Not sure what your problem is. I don't even get an error message.

Minder

Would this site have any longevity? If say a Champions League game was being shown on ITV. I would say they would be looking to shut it down.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Was thinking that myself. Could be more to do with a bandwidth issue than a rights issue. Similar to the way iPlayer only works over wifi. Read on the site I seen this link that it was legal and all you needed was a TV licence and you are covered. You can try it out tomorrow night when the England game is on ITV.

ONeill

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 13, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
Try this link in safari. Doesn't work for me, possibly due to the fact I have latest version of software. Seen it working on someone elses iPhone.

iphone.tvcatchup.com

Can watch live TV from the freeview channels. Was looking forward to watching Countdown in work, but wasn't to be.

Feck me, that's deadly
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell

I'm raging I haven't got to try it out yet. Looks promising. Would be handy for watching Neighbours at work :D And also checking out the lovely Rachel from Countdown.

For you ONeill, it will be like the summer holidays again being able to watch daytime TV, though this time in school.

camloughlad

can you not zoom in when usein the camera

ziggysego

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 13, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
Try this link in safari. Doesn't work for me, possibly due to the fact I have latest version of software. Seen it working on someone elses iPhone.

iphone.tvcatchup.com

Can watch live TV from the freeview channels. Was looking forward to watching Countdown in work, but wasn't to be.

Brilliant man!
Testing Accessibility

Jimmy Two Times

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 13, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
Try this link in safari. Doesn't work for me, possibly due to the fact I have latest version of software. Seen it working on someone elses iPhone.

iphone.tvcatchup.com

Can watch live TV from the freeview channels. Was looking forward to watching Countdown in work, but wasn't to be.

Just watched Film4 and 4Music there...amazing quality!

Archie Mitchell

Got it working this morning. Brilliant service. New interface now as well. It's only in teting so not sure if they will start to charge for it. There was an article on the Daily Mail website today, said if you are on an unlimited data plan, like all iPhone contracts are, then it should be ok. Will only cost alot if on pay as you go.

Shrek

Anyone Jailbroken their Iphone?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility