Which is the greater offence?

Started by Bud Wiser, June 24, 2008, 10:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Wait there. Not to be semantically pedantic or anything, but to strike 'out' at the ref (which in itself is different to saying he struck the ref) implies he aimed to hit the ref, and just happened to hit the notebook instead. That's not what happened, by anyone's account that I've read up until now.

He struck the notebook out of the referee's hand. That's what he did. I wouldn't class that as either striking the ref, or striking 'at' the ref.

Main Street

For the first time I am with Tankie, so I'm probably way off track.

Due to Flann O Brien's extrapolations on the subject, we have come to understand the exchange of molecules with a bit more clarity.
GAA referees are more whistle and notebook these days thanks to molecular exchange.
Undoubtedly the notebook is molecularly merged with the ref's body.
You strike the notebook, you strike the ref.

orangeman

Bud Wiser

QuoteMess with the officials and you are going to get crucified whether it be soccer, rugby, basketball or American football.

Maybe Galvin should have shot him, the lad in the event below was obviously allowed one free one before coming back for seconds.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9504E4DD153BF93BA15756C0A962958260
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Hardy

He got 5 years.  Yerra that's very harsh.

bcarrier

Clancy must be one of the most cynical players in game at present.

bridgegael

nancy goaded gordon into a reaction and got one, even though there was no contact he went down in some fashion.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"