NFL Fantasy Football 2008/09

Started by fntn, June 21, 2008, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Good call. Conference 2 is now the Walter Payton Conference, aka Sweetness.

Conference 1 is not up for discussion....

fntn

why does the draft have to be during working hours?
i couldnt draft last year as the draft system wouldnt work behind the firewall at work.

can it not be alternated every year between weekends (or after 6pm) and weekdays?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2008, 05:36:37 PM
Good call. Conference 2 is now the Walter Payton Conference, aka Sweetness.

Conference 1 is not up for discussion....

Thank You
:)
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

Quote from: fntn on August 09, 2008, 01:44:33 PM
why does the draft have to be during working hours?
i couldnt draft last year as the draft system wouldnt work behind the firewall at work.

can it not be alternated every year between weekends (or after 6pm) and weekdays?

I think because most people access the internet most often from work :D

The Claw

Does everyone (besides myself and fntn) have access during work? Is there anyway around the firewall?
If you cant access it, does it just go by your ratings? What if the highest player left on your ratings is a running back but you already have drafted both your running backs, does it just go to the next available position at the highest ranking?

AZOffaly

Claw, yes. Basically for the first 10 rounds or so it will pick your highest ranked player that is available. When you come to the last few rounds of picks it will try and fill the minimum requirements left, so if you have a RB ranked 100, and a WR ranked 110, but you have the minimum RB and not enough WR, it will pick the WR.

mc_grens

Madden 09 is out on Friday here in Ireland. Anybody getting it?

If so do you have Live and what is your Gamertag?

Here is a good article from ESPN on Madden vs Fantasy Football.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3525093

AZOffaly

Reminder for the draft this week. Wednesday at 2 and Thursday at 3. (Wed for the Montana Conference).

I;m going to more than likely miss the drafts myself due to work pressures, so I'll be pre-ranking my players beforehand. If you are in the same boat, make sure you do the same..

Minder

I got Madden 09 for ps3,but i find it impossible to run the ball. I get nailed for negative yardage on nearly every play ! Its really pissing me off
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 18, 2008, 05:04:27 PM
Reminder for the draft this week. Wednesday at 2 and Thursday at 3. (Wed for the Montana Conference).

I;m going to more than likely miss the drafts myself due to work pressures, so I'll be pre-ranking my players beforehand. If you are in the same boat, make sure you do the same..

Give us a quick synopsis of how this is done.

BallyhaiseMan

just ranked my top 250 there,

anyone else bother doing it,or do ye all just wing it on draft day? ;D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2008, 02:47:28 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 18, 2008, 05:04:27 PM

Give us a quick synopsis of how this is done.

Okay. Basically if for some reason you are unable to attend the live draft (where you make selections in turn, just like the real life drafts), there is a facility for you to rank all the available players in your order of preference/draft tactics.

Now the caveat here, of course, is that there is no guarantee that your top ranked player will be available by the time your pick comes around, and so on. So in general it's a good idea to have a draft 'strategy'. e.g. You might decide that you definitely want a decent running back or WR with your first pick or two, so you might rank a bunch of good RBs up front, then a bunch of WRs, then maybe a few QBs etc etc etc. You might also have a completely different strategy where you try and pick the highest overall player at any point in time, be that a QB, WR, RB, Kicker, whatever.

The way it works is that when your pick(s) come around in their turn, Yahoo will pick your highest ranked, available, player. Towards the latter few rounds, Yahoo will also make sure you fill the required positions, so if you have only 1 RB picked, and you have a kicker ranked 100th (say) and a RB ranked (110th), it will pick the Running back if you have already got a kicker.

So, in short, what you are doing is saying to Yahoo, 'If this lad is available, pick him. If not, pick this lad. If he's gone, pick this fella'. etc etc.

AZOffaly

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 19, 2008, 02:59:52 AM
just ranked my top 250 there,

anyone else bother doing it,or do ye all just wing it on draft day? ;D

If I'm in the live draft, I go by cheat sheets. Unfortunately I won't be around this time. I wasn't last year either, and it killed me. I'm going to try a different strategy this year with the Pre-Rankings.

thejuice

Got an e-mail saying the draft is tomorrow morning at 6am!! is that US time or Irish time.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thejuice on August 19, 2008, 04:35:08 PM
Got an e-mail saying the draft is tomorrow morning at 6am!! is that US time or Irish time.

That has to be US. It's 2 in the afternoon our time I think.