Yes
33 (44.6%)
No
41 (55.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: June 14, 2008, 12:19:24 PM

his holiness nb

Quote from: Mentalman on June 12, 2008, 03:03:21 PM
too many "I trust the politicians" and "I won't vote with Libertas/Sinn Féin/SPUC" and not enough examination of the issues.

Credit where its due, there could be a few "I've examined the issues and believe voting yes is the correct thing to do"  ;)

Ask me holy bollix

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hardy on June 12, 2008, 03:10:23 PM
Just a suggestion Croí - can you make the poll results visible?

Done, should have thought of interested spectators at the start I suppose... Seems to be neck and neck most of the day, will be interesting to see how reflective this is tomorrow...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Zapatista

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 12, 2008, 04:20:42 PM
too many "I trust the politicians" and "I won't vote with Libertas/Sinn Féin/SPUC" and not enough examination of the issues.

Credit where its due, there could be a few "I've examined the issues and believe voting yes is the correct thing to do"  ;)

True. I think those who vote Yes due to Libertas/Sinn Féin/SPUC would be voting along party lines anyway.

Hound

Are you in a party or organisation Zaptista?

Mentalman

Credit indeed to tohse who have examined the issues and decided to vote yes. But just listening and looking at a lot of the vox pops on radio/tv there seemed to be an awful lot of sheep out there voting yes because their party says so. Heard Mary O'Rourke on the radio pratically brow beating some poor old dear who was a party member to vote yes, despite her obvious hesitation. Speaking of which I suppose selling your recommendation like SIPTU or the IFA will ensure certain of your members will fall into line.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

45GoneShort

Quote from: Zapatista on June 12, 2008, 04:52:31 PM

True. I think those who vote Yes due to Libertas/Sinn Féin/SPUC would be voting along party lines anyway.

I voted yes on the way home this evening.  Think about it if Fine Gael and Labour can't find anything in this treaty to turn the heat on the government then I think a Yes vote is a safe bet and this is coming from a realistic Sinn Féin voter.

Louth Exile

Not true for all Zapatista, I voted NO, but the doubts that lingered in my mind over whether I was doing the right thing was because it was only Libertas, Sinn Fein, Far Left, Far Right, Christian Fundamentalists, Trade Unions and lets not forget Jim Corr  :P that were coming out against it.
Inspite of this rabble I still voted No.  :-\

Great idea Croi, still good and close. Its is going to be close tomorrow, going from what they were saying in the evening news in terms of turn outs I would expect it to be only around 40% turnout. That low turn out could be good for the No side.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Zapatista

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 12, 2008, 07:17:38 PM

Not true for all Zapatista, I voted NO, but the doubts that lingered in my mind over whether I was doing the right thing was because it was only Libertas, Sinn Fein, Far Left, Far Right, Christian Fundamentalists, Trade Unions and lets not forget Jim Corr  :P that were coming out against it.
Inspite of this rabble I still voted No.  :-\

Great idea Croi, still good and close. Its is going to be close tomorrow, going from what they were saying in the evening news in terms of turn outs I would expect it to be only around 40% turnout. That low turn out could be good for the No side.

Damn you and your first hand accounts LE!!!

Hound

Apparently Paddy Power has declared a victory for the Yes side, and has already paid out. This before counting even commences.

Has any official exit polls been done?

Hardy

I don't understand why there have been no exit polls. I was expecting them on the late news last night. Couldn't they be bothered?

Zapatista

Tallys from the RDS are suggesting a huge No vote. Up to 3 to 1 in areas such as Dublin South Central. :o

stevo-08

heard on the news at 10, that there was one area (Donegal NE I think) where they hadnt got 1 Yes vote in the counting so far!!! Very early days though.

Aristotle Flynn

Were there no real exit polls? From what you say it looks like a NO. Big blow to the establishment and will do Ireland's standing in Europe a lot of harm.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: stevo-08 on June 13, 2008, 10:08:23 AM
heard on the news at 10, that there was one area (Donegal NE I think) where they hadnt got 1 Yes vote in the counting so far!!! Very early days though.

Go on the Tír Conaill men, show the country how to do it!  ;D

Sadly I think that the vote overall will go to the yes camp - hope to feck I'm wrong.
Tbc....

Hardy

Quote from: Zapatista on June 13, 2008, 09:54:25 AM
Tallys from the RDS are suggesting a huge No vote. Up to 3 to 1 in areas such as Dublin South Central. :o

RTÉ radio giving RDS tallies (very early) at 60/40 for No. Some FG member (didn't get name) said "the referendum is over".