12th Holidays

Started by Hereiam, June 03, 2008, 03:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Just had alook at the ole work Holiday chart there and to my surprise we are only off the Monday after the Twelfth. That means we have only been given 11 statutory days this year compared to 12 every other year. Are other places the same or are we been shafted.

take_yer_points

When do your holidays run? Mine if from 1st April to 31st March and I think we get a few less cause of Easter being in March this year as well - would need to check it out though.

Hereiam

They run from the 1st January to 31st December

Onion Bag

We are off the Monday and Tuesday, Yip ye are being shafted
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ziggysego

I know a girl who refuses to take the 12th holidays.
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Closed the whole week and am off to Rome for a four days! ;D

PS big trip to Burj Al Arab, Dubai in November ;)

Minder

ziggy i know a girl who would take anything. . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stpauls

i am getting married on the 10th so will be off to Sligo on the 12th for a few days, and then off to Oz in October for the honeymoon proper!! when you work on NIHE service desk, you get all the same days of as they do, so have both the monday and tuesday off!!

Onion Bag

Quote from: ziggysego on June 03, 2008, 04:54:47 PM
I know a girl who refuses to take the 12th holidays.

Why does she refuse to take the holidays?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Tankie

I think we should have the 12th off down south as a show of unity with the protestant comunity!
Grand Slam Saturday!

bennydorano

Quote from: Hereiam on June 03, 2008, 03:07:29 PM
Just had alook at the ole work Holiday chart there and to my surprise we are only off the Monday after the Twelfth. That means we have only been given 11 statutory days this year compared to 12 every other year. Are other places the same or are we been shafted.
Unless you are a public sector worker in the north you've no statutory entitlement. Also, didn't some of the public sector (Health boards I think) sacrafice a Bank holiday or two for extra annual leave.