Attendances this year

Started by theskull1, May 13, 2008, 01:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

And about 70-75% Fermanagh by the look of it.  I don't think it was the Saturday night thing - BBC tried to take that angle.  the fact is that the weather was crap, the game was on TV, and Derry supporterswouldn't leave the house if the game was at the bottom of the garden.

At the same time, that's not a bad attendance.

Red Army

i think the GAA always give a lower attendance than there is. Tax dodging at its best. Hard to give an exact crowd when 3 ends of the ground is terraces.
I thought there was also more in Newry last saturday night than 18,400.

shapes

Was that game not all ticket, I have often been at games where they announce the attendances and it dos'ent seem to match whats around the ground.
Brings back back memories of the local guy with the USA biscuit tin which is positioned outside the wall.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Rossfan on June 21, 2008, 08:19:09 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 21, 2008, 05:29:00 PM
Wonder what the attendance will be like in Omagh this evening.  Weather is brutal and the game live on 2 channels. 

If this figure is correct then Tyrone v Down had 28000 at it, the terraces were bulging that day

Maguire01

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on June 21, 2008, 11:08:54 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 21, 2008, 08:19:09 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 21, 2008, 05:29:00 PM
Wonder what the attendance will be like in Omagh this evening.  Weather is brutal and the game live on 2 channels. 

If this figure is correct then Tyrone v Down had 28000 at it, the terraces were bulging that day
Some of the TV angles for the Tyrone/Down game showed plenty of spaces in some of the terraces.  Maybe a case that people weren't moving down to fill it out evenly?

groundlie

I cant understand why they show this on two channels?

Maguire01

Quote from: groundlie on June 22, 2008, 12:26:55 AM
I cant understand why they show this on two channels?
Because there are people in the south who can't get BBC and people in the north who can't get RTÉ?

glenullinabu

Quote from: Red Army on June 21, 2008, 08:27:55 PM
i think the GAA always give a lower attendance than there is. Tax dodging at its best. Hard to give an exact crowd when 3 ends of the ground is terraces.
I thought there was also more in Newry last saturday night than 18,400.

you cynic ;D
need to look at prices - how can people afford to go to county matches when they have to pay £7 to see club cship matches & they have no work on at the minute
time for reality check from gaa

haranguerer

The stand seemed to have a bit of space, but I was opposite, and it was jammed there, as was behind the goals furtherest from the town. £13 a ticket, deadly value. Would suspect the weather was a massive factor. I'd be die hard enough, and had tickets got, but we were seriously contemplating watching it in the pub, cos knew we were staying out after it, and would have been fcuked if got soaked.

Farrandeelin

Only 12000 and something in Castlebar today. No atmosphere either. Felt like a league match and the way Sligo played made it seem that way too...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magickingdom

28,000 at thurles and a disappointing 25,000 at croker

Maguire01

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 22, 2008, 08:15:14 PM
Only 12000 and something in Castlebar today. No atmosphere either. Felt like a league match and the way Sligo played made it seem that way too...
But hardly an attractive tie.  And the weather was brutal.

johnpower

Terrible crowd in Croker today bought tickets before the match had loads of choices . Is it the weather .lack of interest ?, The Dubs are like my own crowd no real interest in the small ball

Maguire01

I can't understand why the game was dragged up to HQ in the first place. Surely Carlow of Kilkenny would have been a better neutral choice for the football.
If price is a contributing factor (and a big part of that is the price of fuel), then why drag people half way up the country when there are viable alternatives, and actually lose potential income in the process?

Tankie

playing in HQ is generally demanded by the county boards, sure every time Wicklow play a game Miko is going crazy that its not in Croker.
Grand Slam Saturday!