Paramilitaries Still targetting GAA members

Started by passedit, May 13, 2008, 08:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 15, 2008, 11:51:52 AM
That is bad enough, but for you then to start invoking the Mods etc, after egging on by HHNB, cheapens the debate considerably (imo

What the f**k are you on about EG? How was I egging anyone on to alert the mods???
He asked why you were here, and I told him. And what I told him was consistant with the reasons you gave back when you joined.

I never suggested he get the mods involved, nor do I think joining to argue with Tony is reason enough to get them involved.

Incidentally dont act all victimlike over being called a "liar". The "one small step" reason you gave for joining is quite clearly I lie. Dont get all pissy britched for me pointing that out. Sure you have accused me (falsely) of telling lies on this site before too.
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 15, 2008, 01:40:28 PM

He [Iceman] asked why you were here, and I told him. And what I told him was consistant with the reasons you gave back when you joined.

Incidentally dont act all victimlike over being called a "liar". The "one small step" reason you gave for joining is quite clearly I lie.

So you know why I joined the Board, then? You know all my motivations? Here is what I posted back in 2006, in reply to another poster who questioned my motives - in this particular case after I had made a (rare) post in the GAA Section:

"It's all a bit of a shame, really, since in the spirit of Trevor Ringland's "One Small Step", I took to reading this part of the Board specifically to try to understand better the thinking of GAA fans, but perhaps that simply won't work"

You know, it's strangely ironic that certain individuals, who invariably profess to be in favour of a "united" [sic] Ireland, find it so hard to accept it whenever an Irishman like myself posts on threads like these, from a perspective which does not conform to the Nationalist norm. Fair enough, I don't expect many (any?) posters to agree with my views, but my right to hold and express these views? This is an Irish forum, discussing Irish sport and other matters of general interest. I am an Irishman who is interested in sport and general affairs and providing I stick to the Rules etc, I have as much right to post here as you or anyone else.  

Anyhow, just as it was my decision to join this forum, for my own reasons, it will be my decision, from my own reasons, should I ever decide to leave. And in the meantime, I shall try to stick to the message, rather than the messenger, even if you won't.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 15, 2008, 01:41:01 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 14, 2008, 08:02:28 PM
He got a warning today Iceman.

What for Ziggy?

Yeah, who got the warning and what for? Because if it was me, as your original comment implies, then it's news to me.  ???
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

The Iceman

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 15, 2008, 11:51:52 AM

Iceman - For the record, I made a couple of posts on this thread (#5, #9) which dealt directly with the topic. You replied in kind (#20), which I happily acknowledged when I came back in the same spirit (#23). At this point, however, you ceased to address the subject and became personal, by trying to divert the subject onto me and my motivation for posting etc. That is bad enough, but for you then to start invoking the Mods etc, after egging on by HHNB, cheapens the debate considerably (imo). Or didn't you note when I posted that "nobody likes a sneak"?

Anyhow, if the Mods are not happy with my posting etc, then I'm sure they know how to find me. In the meantime, I don't have to answer to you (or HHNB) for my membership of this forum or for my motivation for posting, and I will try to resist descending to your level, even when called a "fraud" (by you), a "liar" (HHNB) or a "bigot" (Donagh) on this thread alone.

EG your posts in #5 and #9 as you were so gracious to label for us did not deal directly with the topic.  You were addressing your own agenda, as you do with the majority of your posts.  You try to direct everything to your usual tune and think everyone else can't see what you are up to.  Nobody likes a sneak right?

I addressed all of your questions.  But you are not the only one who can ask questions on this forum EG.  I think I adequately exposed all of your comments as pointless and then proceeded to ask why they were posted in the first place? 

I think you have made it quite clear why you continue to post on this forum.  Despite your fraudulent claims that you post in the spirit of the onesmall step campaign everyone else knows why you are here - I invoked the mods because it is time they did something about it -and I didn't need any egging on from anyone.  And I didn't PM them, I openly stated my opinions on the board - so why imply I'm a sneak? 

If you were genuinely here to learn more about the GAA and the opinions and feelings of other "Irish men and women" then why continue to annoy and aggravate us?  Why continue to post comments that you know only serve to wind people up? I'll tell you why - because you are not here in the spirit of any one small step campaign - you are here in the spirit of a "ten steps back" campaign and instead of building bridges you are just another member of a minority of people on this island who liked things as they used to be.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Evil Genius

Quote from: The Iceman on May 15, 2008, 03:27:50 PM
EG your posts in #5 and #9 as you were so gracious to label for us did not deal directly with the topic.  You were addressing your own agenda, as you do with the majority of your posts.  You try to direct everything to your usual tune and think everyone else can't see what you are up to.  Nobody likes a sneak right?

I addressed all of your questions.  But you are not the only one who can ask questions on this forum EG.  I think I adequately exposed all of your comments as pointless and then proceeded to ask why they were posted in the first place? 

I think you have made it quite clear why you continue to post on this forum.  Despite your fraudulent claims that you post in the spirit of the onesmall step campaign everyone else knows why you are here - I invoked the mods because it is time they did something about it -and I didn't need any egging on from anyone.  And I didn't PM them, I openly stated my opinions on the board - so why imply I'm a sneak? 

If you were genuinely here to learn more about the GAA and the opinions and feelings of other "Irish men and women" then why continue to annoy and aggravate us?  Why continue to post comments that you know only serve to wind people up? I'll tell you why - because you are not here in the spirit of any one small step campaign - you are here in the spirit of a "ten steps back" campaign and instead of building bridges you are just another member of a minority of people on this island who liked things as they used to be.

You don't agree with, even like, what I post. You don't accept my stated motives for posting. You consider you have "rumbled" me. Fine. The self-same "free world" which allows you to speak your mind also allows me to do the same. Get used to it.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stew

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 15, 2008, 02:53:48 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on May 15, 2008, 01:40:28 PM

He [Iceman] asked why you were here, and I told him. And what I told him was consistant with the reasons you gave back when you joined.

Incidentally dont act all victimlike over being called a "liar". The "one small step" reason you gave for joining is quite clearly I lie.

So you know why I joined the Board, then? You know all my motivations? Here is what I posted back in 2006, in reply to another poster who questioned my motives - in this particular case after I had made a (rare) post in the GAA Section:

"It's all a bit of a shame, really, since in the spirit of Trevor Ringland's "One Small Step", I took to reading this part of the Board specifically to try to understand better the thinking of GAA fans, but perhaps that simply won't work"

You know, it's strangely ironic that certain individuals, who invariably profess to be in favour of a "united" [sic] Ireland, find it so hard to accept it whenever an Irishman like myself posts on threads like these, from a perspective which does not conform to the Nationalist norm. Fair enough, I don't expect many (any?) posters to agree with my views, but my right to hold and express these views? This is an Irish forum, discussing Irish sport and other matters of general interest. I am an Irishman who is interested in sport and general affairs and providing I stick to the Rules etc, I have as much right to post here as you or anyone else.  

Anyhow, just as it was my decision to join this forum, for my own reasons, it will be my decision, from my own reasons, should I ever decide to leave. And in the meantime, I shall try to stick to the message, rather than the messenger, even if you won't.

So you are Irish then, not british when it suits you but Irish, and Irish all the time?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 15, 2008, 02:53:48 PM

Eg, just to clarify, I have never said you dont have the right to post on here and express your views. Of course you do. As I have the right to question WHY you post certain things.
Nothing to do with a non nationalist view, theres other guys on here with non nationalist views.

I just happen to think that you and Sammy G seem to be more concerned with provoking a row.

That said, you are entitled to do that, as I am entitled to speak my mind when you do.

The beauty of free speech. ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: stew on May 15, 2008, 04:15:41 PM
So you are Irish then, not british when it suits you but Irish, and Irish all the time?

No, what suits me is that being Irish and British is not incompatible or mutually exclusive. In the same way as it is possible to be English and British/Scottish and British/Welsh and British. That is how Unions tend to work. 

For the record, I am Irish born and bred, from simliar stock going back hundreds of years. More specifically, I am Northern Irish, the designation I am most comfortable with out of the many which I might apply to myself. That is because it also allows me, a Unionist, to be British i.e. a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It also allows me to describe myself as "European" i.e. resident within the European Union, in common with my fellow Irishmen and women who live in the Irish Republic.

Anyhow, to get this thread back on topic and away from me (fascinating though I appear to some of you!), how do you suppose the poor police officer who was maimed the other day would describe himself? Undoubtedly "Irish", and a "Gael", possibly "Northern Irish" (i.e. member of the Police Service of Northern Ireland). But "British"? Possibly not. Mind you, I've no doubt those brave, patriotic Irishmen who tried to murder him would describe him as a "Brit"  :o

P.S. I believe you live in the USA. Ever met any "Irish Americans" out there? If so, ever thought to ask them how that works, then?  ;)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

SammyG

Quote from: stew on May 15, 2008, 04:15:41 PM
What a f**king stupid post? Of course people are Irish all the time, they're also British all the time and European all the time. They're not mutually exclusive.

AZOffaly

We should have given ye lot a different name altogether, like Madland or something. Then there'd be no confusion. When people say they are 'Irish', most assume they mean Irish in the Tricolour, Dublin is the Capital, 32 county sort of way. They don't think you mean it in relation to a piece of land called the island of Ireland.

Then they get confused when you say you are British as well. It's the assumption that Irish relates to the ROI, rather than the island. They get how you can be Scottish and British, Welsh and British, English and British, but not Irish and British. If ye said Northern Irish and British, it would be easier for most people to understand. But it's confusing, hence 'Madland'. Then you could say you were Mad AND British, and we'd all be clear :D

The Iceman

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 15, 2008, 03:36:15 PM

You don't agree with, even like, what I post. You don't accept my stated motives for posting. You consider you have "rumbled" me. Fine. The self-same "free world" which allows you to speak your mind also allows me to do the same. Get used to it.

= cop out
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Evil Genius

Quote from: The Iceman on May 15, 2008, 05:45:31 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on May 15, 2008, 03:36:15 PM

= cop out

Congratulations, you win. Now try not to get cum stains on your keks.  ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

SammyG

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 15, 2008, 05:41:20 PM
We should have given ye lot a different name altogether, like Madland or something. Then there'd be no confusion. When people say they are 'Irish', most assume they mean Irish in the Tricolour, Dublin is the Capital, 32 county sort of way. They don't think you mean it in relation to a piece of land called the island of Ireland.
So if I say I'm European would people automatically assume I was French?

p.s. Before I get accused of having a sense of humour failure, I know you were taking the piss.

Evil Genius

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 15, 2008, 05:41:20 PM

Then they get confused when you say you are British as well. It's the assumption that Irish relates to the ROI, rather than the island. They get how you can be Scottish and British, Welsh and British, English and British, but not Irish and British. If ye said Northern Irish and British, it would be easier for most people to understand. But it's confusing, hence 'Madland'. Then you could say you were Mad AND British, and we'd all be clear :D

"When Ali Met Sammy" - 2 mins. 27 secs. in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCNG5UeKMZw
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"