soccer quiz questions

Started by Minus15, May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Ok here's a coupla good ones.

Name a current player who has won: Premiership medal, FA Cup medal, SPL medal, Scottish Cup, Spanish League and European Cup medal.

Who is the only player to have scored a goal for 2 different countries in World Cup finals?

Only player to have scored in the Vauxhall Conference, all 4 professional divisions and at international level (still playing)?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: shark on May 08, 2008, 03:33:40 PM

Name a current player who has won: Premiership medal, FA Cup medal, SPL medal, Scottish Cup, Spanish League and European Cup medal.

Who is the only player to have scored a goal for 2 different countries in World Cup finals?

Only player to have scored in the Vauxhall Conference, all 4 professional divisions and at international level (still playing)?

larsson ?
nah man u didnt win FA Cup last year
ah, van bronckhurst
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: shark on May 08, 2008, 03:33:40 PMWho is the only player to have scored a goal for 2 different countries in World Cup finals?

Robert Prosinecki (Croatia 1998 and Yugoslavia 1990)

shark

Van Bronckhurst and Prosinecki are correct

AidyMac

Steven Finnan?

screenexile

Kinda like my question but is it Steve Finnan?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: screenexile on May 08, 2008, 03:45:26 PM

Kinda like my question but is it Steve Finnan?

rob earnshaw ?

shark

Not Finnan. He has played them all alright, Notts County, Brum, Fulham, Liverpool and Ireland obviously. But he hasnt scored in all those divisions.
The player is still playing in the premiership, although you wouldnt miss him if he wasnt!

shark

Never seen the response. Yeah Rob Earnshaw is correct.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: behind the wire on May 08, 2008, 03:33:08 PM
clarence seedorf

nope not seedorf. he played for sampodoria and inter i think inbetween ajax, madrid and milan

AZOffaly

Desailly? Was Marseille's 'win' in the Champions League or European Cup? I think he was with Milan the next year.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 08, 2008, 03:54:14 PM
Desailly? Was Marseille's 'win' in the Champions League or European Cup? I think he was with Milan the next year.

correct, yeah it was the firat ever champions league, it was in a different format, 2 leagues of 6 or so maybe even 8 and top 2 met in the final, the huns were unlucky not to get to the final, think it was a late goal which put them out!! thank Ghod for that

Hoof Hearted

paulo sousa -  juventus (96) borussia dortmund(97)

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 08, 2008, 04:03:50 PM

Good call, well i did say in the question as far as I know ;)

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dannymcfella on May 08, 2008, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 08, 2008, 04:03:50 PM

Good call, well i did say in the question as far as I know ;)

that means there might be more
any suggestions