soccer quiz questions

Started by Minus15, May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the green man

Dean Saunders (Liverpool/Derby/Benfica/Forest)???

AZOffaly

Saunders is another Welsh lad alright.

So who is the English lad?

stevo-08

the other englishman i had was Platt  - Villa, juventus, forest. also played for sampdoria but dont think they ever won it.

the green man

Laurie Cunningham (Utd/Marseille/Madrid)

stevo-08

Quote from: the green man on May 07, 2008, 04:59:41 PM

Jaysus, thats a shout & a half.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: the green man on May 07, 2008, 04:59:41 PM

Someone's been on the old Wikipedia today  :D :D

AZOffaly

Yeah, but in fairness you think of a name, and then check it out on Wiki. Like I did with Alan McInally.

AZOffaly

Quote from: stevo-08 on May 07, 2008, 04:58:36 PM
the other englishman i had was Platt  - Villa, juventus, forest. also played for sampdoria but dont think they ever won it.

Sampdoria were beaten in 1991-92. Remember Lombardo? The reason I checked was because I thought Liam Brady might be the Irish lad (Inter, Juve, Samp)

RedandGreenSniper

Okay, here's one. Some easy, a couple of middling ones and a hard one.

Seven players have been capped for the Republic of Ireland senior international team since 1985 whose surname starts with S. Name them.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

stephenite

John Sheridan
Steve Staunton
Frank Stapelton
Kevin Sheedy
???

RedandGreenSniper

That's four, there's only easyish one left, a tricky one and a nightmare one. They're getable though

stephenite

My knowledge of soccer would be fairly limited these days - but I thought I'd manage more than 4 Irish players since 1985. ::)

RedandGreenSniper

Ah well there are only seven of them. It took me a while to get the six and an age to get the last one
You'd probably be well able to name seven Stephenites whose name start with S much quicker :D

stevo-08

did your man anthony stokes get a couple of caps last year. Thats probably the last easy one.

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet