Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcuksake

Quote from: nashville on October 14, 2009, 06:16:49 PM
Quote from: BenDover on October 14, 2009, 09:17:26 AM
Quote from: nashville on October 13, 2009, 07:43:59 PM

Any Ogs men know what time Loughran's flight in from the states is? He would need some time to get over the jet lag!

Anyone know when the last time a Div. 2 team won the Senior Championship?

Even if Loughie did fly back he would be ineligable to play (plus I wouldn't start him as I don't think it's fair on the boys who've busted their ass all year :P) for the Ogs so I'm sure he'll be enjoying himself in San Fran waiting to hear the result.

Spirit word on the grapevine is a badly injured quad muscle any truth in this? If so its a bummer for him def deserves a crack at a county final.

Why would he be ineligible to play? Surely it's the exact same situation as Kelly, McCoy and McConville who were in San Fran? They came back to play in Quarter Final, just because he comes back later does not make him ineligible to play.

Have heard Ogs men referring to it as their "Johnny Corvan" moment.

no disrespect to Greg, great player, and an engine in him that never quits, but i dont think he is in the same league as Corvan. IMHO

heard a rumour STEW arrived in the country and was seen at Harps training togged out on Tue night ;)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

BenDover

Quote from: nashville on October 15, 2009, 09:51:22 PM
So I fully expect to see Loughran on Sunday, off the bench with 20 to go.

I'd love for you to be right nash, the sight of Loughie coming on to drive the team on would certainly make me feel good - I'll wait to see on Sunday but I'll not hold my breath on it

thewanderer

what a load of crap about greg loughran. on another note a real blow for one of the most honest and hard working ogs players declan mc auley who broke his ankle at training on weds nite. he has been the main impact sub for the ogs this year. best wishes decky hope to see you playing again soon. what nonsense about a flag flying higher than another someone is starting to sound like nelson mc causland. is wee joe goin to feature he seems to be struggling at training the other nite.

BerfArmagh

thewanderer

thewanderer

was stew at abbey park during the week.  did someone open the double gates, lookin forward to seein him? :D

ITS KAAAT

Quote from: thewanderer on October 16, 2009, 10:30:11 AM
what a load of crap about greg loughran. on another note a real blow for one of the most honest and hard working ogs players declan mc auley who broke his ankle at training on weds nite. he has been the main impact sub for the ogs this year. best wishes decky hope to see you playing again soon. what nonsense about a flag flying higher than another someone is starting to sound like nelson mc causland. is wee joe goin to feature he seems to be struggling at training the other nite.

we joe mite feature 1 half

Muhammed McCarthy

Whatever team that doesn't get upset by nerves will win this game. Ogs are the better team with no real weakness, Harps have a few outstanding players and are capable of causing an upset.
I'm going to go for a Nippy Swift inspired Harps to win by 1 point.......don't know if my heart could take it!!......nor my liver afterwards ;)

Hope it is a good game and that there is no controversey.

BerfArmagh

Oh there'll be controversy, you mark my words...... local derbies between the Harps & Ogs are never straightforward. There will be at least 1 dismissal, 1 penalty & 1 appaling referreeing decision to discuss come monday. Hope all of the above 3 are against the Ogs  ;)

Up the Harps... Can't wait ;D

ITS KAAAT

C'MON THE HARPS LETS DO IT. :D

thewanderer

Kaaat spelling my son. If joe isnt totally fit it could be a big risk. stop shouting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS KAAAT

Quote from: thewanderer on October 16, 2009, 01:03:31 PM
Kaaat spelling my son. If joe isnt totally fit it could be a big risk. stop shouting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He mite be fit for 1 half

thewanderer

local derbies are not as big a deal as a few years ago, when the local hard man thumped the shite out of the new kid on the block and put him off his game. different generation, the team best prepared, fitest, more talented and hungrier will prevail

The Iceman

does anyone know if it will be on TG4? or any of those online stations?
I know I'll get the audio on Northern Star but it would be great to be able to watch.
Very torn on the winners - would be happy for both teams but my gut feeling is with the Ogs on this one.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

BerfArmagh

its not on tg4, i think they are showing highlights on the monday night