Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Quote from: full back on January 09, 2009, 11:39:57 AM
Quote from: hound of ulster on January 09, 2009, 11:06:39 AM
Any more news on the new team being formed by the ex- Killeavy member, is this really going to happen? And where will he get the players from?

AFAIK there will be objections going in from at least 2 surrounding clubs

Who would these clubs be FB?  Why would they object?

full back

Quote from: MOJO on January 09, 2009, 11:40:59 AM
St Patrick's - Joe Mallon & Paul Rouse.

Is that Rouse from Coalisland?

Goats Do Shave

corn02

Dromintee Colin Kelly.

I would imagine the two clubs opposing would be ourselves and Killeavy although I have no idea.

bennydorano

The proposal to affiliate St Michaels Killean (or maybe it's the objections to their affiliation) will be heard by a specially convened Co Board meeting/committee this week.  AFAIK there are 3 clubs with potential clashes of interest and may therefore object - Killeavey, Dromintee and the mighty Corrinshego.  Killeavey defo have lodged an objection, dont know what the other two are doing.

nutsy--1

i heard John Toal is taking over at keady.

The GAA

It's a wonder they're not called St. Hugh's Killean.

What's the likelihood of the county board refusing this application given the potential cost to their coffers if they do?

MOJO

corn02

Quote from: hound of ulster on January 09, 2009, 04:22:35 PM
Does this part of Armagh really need another team ? It would be interesting to here from anyone who is in favour as to why another team might benefit the area and armagh football.

Not just that black and white.

ogshead

Quote from: Hank Everlast on January 09, 2009, 08:34:51 AM
You have them lads.... Id say they are three greats in their own way!! ;D
I hadnt heard anythin about Pinky quitting, where did u hear this ogs head!?

Was talking to someone the other week there who had said he'd quit. Don't know how reliable the info was but I'd heard it was because he pissed off because he never featured against the grange in the championship. As mentioned by someone earlier about him playing regularly for the Ogs in his early twenties. Think he was gettin on regularly in league games but I don't ever remember him making an impression on any Championship teams. He was a brilliant player for the B's though, regularly scoring 8 points a match!!

Uladh

can't see how a killeen club benefits anyone, although killeavy have a very large catchment area and population.

Dromintee traditionally draw from the clontigora area which is technically killeavy territory and would i assume become morgan territory. that would have minimal effect as i don't think a footballers has come that road in 30 years.

thebandit

Quote from: Legs11 on January 08, 2009, 07:31:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 06, 2009, 09:08:35 AM
New Harps manager ratified last night - Nudie Hughes.  Exiciting appointment from the club.
thats a good signin  won 2 all stars at left back and full forward..

He won 3 I think... Right corner back in '79 and corner forward in '85 and '88

corn02

Went down to the U21 games, I think we won by a point or so.

Four periods of 20 minutes. Not bad for this time of year, defence was a bit of a shambles though. The Cruppen ahlf back, can;t think of his name, was probably the pick.

charlie stubbs

Joxer

Was going to take in the game yesterday but car broke down so didnt get the chance?

Any decent performances?  Who looks like they will make the cut?