Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

Thats because all the available investment was put into your ground brokeback1 - why was this? Its not like yous needed the money im sure it could have been gathered up through diesel profits or donations from the British military.  ;) Why wasnt Silverbridges ground or Davitt park revamped instead of Cross?

brokencrossbar1

I think you'll find we didn't get investment from the County Board to renovate the ground.  It is not our fault that they are so incompetent that they have been dragging their feet on developing the Athletics Grounds.

You're very clever with your snide comments and arse faced insults, maybe you have issues about yourself.  FFS, you even had to copy someone elses username, it shows the level of your thought process! 

IVEDECIDED

I think I hit a nerve there lads what yous think! ;D Job done id say. But calm down on the insults yourself big lad. I mean slagging me about the origin of my user name is a low blow. Lets keep it as civil as possible where we can mate. A lesser man may not have been able to handle that level of abuse.  ;D ;D ;D

brokencrossbar1

Armagh Exile

Has Crossmaglen not played all their earlier rounds, including the semi-finals, outside of Oliver Plunkett Park?
Why is there so many begrudgers on this Discussion Board as most of them seem to have something against the greatest club side of all time?
Sure Crossmaglen only oblidged the County Board by allowing them to play Armagh club finals in Crossmaglen for the past number of years when the Athletic Grounds were being refurbished.
Give the Ranger's a break.

IVEDECIDED

Your right - sorry. God love those Ranger angels. They unselfishly allowed the county finals to be played on their own pitch. And I cant believe they had to play early round matches AND semis on other pitches. Why surely this cant be accepted. What on Earth are the county board thinking!! Maybe if we campaigned at congress we could get all championship games played in Cross. Then at least it would be an even playing field for everyone.  :D :D :D

Armagh Exile

Where do you suggest the Finals should have been played?

IVEDECIDED

Whats wrong with the Marshes? Or even the Bridge? ANSWER: They arent Cross.

Armagh Exile

It would not matter as to where they were played - Crossmaglen would still be going for their 13th in a row.

doire na raithe

Look, back to the argument in hand. It is totally unacceptable that any team can have home advantage in a final. you speak of health and safety and insurance issues, well where were these issues when the semi-final was played in silverbridge last year? There are plenty of places where the final could be played, I think the marshes was a viable one.

armaghniac

Cross had no problem winning the Ulster final in the Marshes, so such a move would hardly have made any difference. Perhaps it should have been have moved to Blayney as Cross once lost a game there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Diet Coke

hardly think it matters where the final is played, Cross will win it with perhaps the Og's presenting the stiffest test.
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

doire na raithe

Quote from: Diet Coke on April 24, 2008, 07:21:19 PM
hardly think it matters where the final is played, Cross will win it with perhaps the Og's presenting the stiffest test.

Very good, you've established Cross are favourites for the championship. You should work for Ladbrokes.

Look I don't care where Cross have won or lost before, and i'm not saying the outcome would have been different had the finals been played anywhere else, the truth is no one knows what the outcome would have been.

What we can say with some conclusivity is that there is no doubt an advantage is given to Cross when they play the final in their home ground and this is unfair.

No one can deny this.

crossfire

Since 1996 Cross have been undefeated in 90 championship games.
Only 14 of these have been played in Cross, so i think the venue doesn't make much difference.

Real1995

Well i for one would not agree with any ARMAGH county final being played in the Marshes.....its the county ground of an neighboring county ...jesus lads we would be hard up >:(......lets keep it in the county.... Speaking as not a Cross man,we all have to admit whether we like it or not that they have been the outstanding team in the county over the last decade,and even if the final was played in iraq they would still have won them all.....so now year upon year its up to the rest of us to raise the bar and challenge them.....
Nice guys always finish second!