Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Would be suprised if Joe McMahon doesnt start midfield next week.

corn02

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 09, 2008, 01:13:14 PM
I thought the support favoured Tyrone by about 70-30 yesterday

Have to disagree. Thought Down travelled very well.

orangeman

I know club football and county football are two different things but surely there are better midfielders in Tyrone today than what we have on the replacements bench - surely we need to start to think outside the box ? Drastic situations can sometimes mean drastic sloutions ? What's wrong with calling in some of these men now ? Even if we beat Down on Saturday, we'll need them going forward.

his holiness nb

Its amazing to me how Ulster football can remain so competitive.

If we are to look at league standings, Down are around the same level as Louth, who Dublin destroyed yesterday.
Now given Tyrones league standings and track record you would be excused for expecting a similar result, but that was never realistically going to happen.

fair play to both teams anyway, good entertainment.

Ask me holy bollix

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: corn02 on June 09, 2008, 01:46:09 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 09, 2008, 01:13:14 PM
I thought the support favoured Tyrone by about 70-30 yesterday

Have to disagree. Thought Down travelled very well.

They travelled well considering there wasnt much confidence but I would say there was 6000 Down supporters maximum. White was the predominat colour in the terraces.

nrico2006

The traffic around Omagh was crazy well after the game yesterday, and it was still bad out the by-pass and by the meats.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on June 09, 2008, 01:48:42 PM
I know club football and county football are two different things but surely there are better midfielders in Tyrone today than what we have on the replacements bench - surely we need to start to think outside the box ? Drastic situations can sometimes mean drastic sloutions ? What's wrong with calling in some of these men now ? Even if we beat Down on Saturday, we'll need them going forward.

Good questions.  Also why are there are 2 keepers on the bench? Surely one of them is taking up a spot that an outfield player would have been better placed to utilise. What do they do for in - house games? Does one of the keepers play outfield?

amigo

Quote from: useername on June 09, 2008, 01:19:57 PM
conor gormley might not make the game for saturday,

apparently hes broke his little toe

This guy is a wind up merchant. last week he was claiming Benny Coulter had broken his arm at training!! A clown of the highest order ;)

Wee Roddy

ziggysego

Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 09, 2008, 12:00:36 PM
Ziggy, I need a huge favour. I have 2 great seats for Croke Park next Saturday. I`ll provide free transport, all the Bud that you can drink  ;) and food that you can eat. I`ll even buy you a new T-Shirt for the event. In return all that I ask is that you take my missus to Neil Diamond next Saturday so I can get to the match.

Thanks for the offer 5iveTimes.

However I was in Cologne, Germany over a week ago. It so happened that Neil was playing in Cologne that same weekend. I was enjoying a late night drink in one of the pubs in Cologne when he was invaded by a group of mid-aged, drunk Neil Diamond fans. What a bunch or rowdy twats!

Anyway, after being propositioned by a 45 year old woman, I promised myself I wouldn't allowed myself to get into a position like that again, so no thanks to the Neil Diamond concert.

Anyway, as rrfh says, it'll take a lot to tear me away from a Tyrone match. Unfortunately for you, the company of a beautiful woman in Dublin isn't one of them. ;)
Testing Accessibility

young anail

Wee Roddy, If it is from that challenge he had with Carr then I'd be worried. Although it looked like a shoulder charge, Carr actually caught the block on the jaw which may have caused concussion. If this is the case then he could be out as he has received so many bangs to the head over the last years. I remember he got caught against coalisland in the league semi last year (although he went into full forward afterwards and lorded it). Mc Ginley defiantly out, and possible Colm Cav. Its likely Harte could start with Dermy Carlin next week (I liked his combative style and attitude he brought when brought on) or even Swift in the corner. Although McGee played well when introduced he has a tendency to pick up yellow cards early thus Harte's policy is to replace corner backs when booked, so he may be better comming off the bench to curltail McComiskey. Id expect Sean Cav and Hub to start in the middle and maybe Tommy or Mellon to come into the fwd line somewhere. Niall Gormley is a possibility too, he showed well when introduced. I suppose if Conor is out the likely replacement is Joey or Gourley. Big task in the marshes, Gordon and Rodgers influence needs to be halted and we need to be more alert on break ball. Anyone expect a change in keepers? Thought packy wasn't great (punched when he should have caught, and in the case of Gordan's square ball goal he should have took all with him) and even when Holmes was making cross field runs, he still bogged them out to the middle which probably hung Holmes and Hub out to dry.

Puckoon

can anyone post individual match ratings?

from a paper or personal?

Tyrone Dreamer

We dont have much luck with injuries! We could be facing Down without Colm Cavanagh,Mulligan,Gormley,McGinley and god knows who else! It will test the squad to the limit and some players are really going to have to stand up and be counted. If Gormley is out you'd have to guess Gourley will take over at centre half back. Looking forward to the game already. Should be a big crowd and good atmosphere on a Saturday night.

Tyrone Dreamer

Anyone elses head wrecked by the amount of people outside the ground collecting money for charity etc or selling club tickets? Im sure theyre for good causes but it can be annoying when people are asking you for money every 5 yards as you walk to the ground.