Rory Gallagher on the move to Cavan?

Started by Erne Gael, November 11, 2006, 02:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erne Gael

Gallagher to play the blues?

Former Fermanagh footballer Rory Gallagher looks set for a shock switch to neighbours Cavan, reports suggest.

It is understood that the ace attacker has agreed to train with the Breffni side ahead of the commencement of this year's McKenna Cup campaign after the now Cavan-based Ernesider had talks with new Cavan boss Donal Keoghan.

The highly-rated 28 year old is currently living and working in Cavan and his recruitment to the Cavan cause would be a huge coup for new manager Keoghan

Taken from the Hogan Stand.

If this was to happen it would be an excellent coup for Cavan. Gallagher is an excellent footballer but is unable to get into the Fermanagh setup, which is totally bewildering.

He is an excellent man to have on the '40' and can pick out players with passes that nobody else could imagine possible. Would certainly be a loss to Fermanagh should he go.

paddypastit

QuoteGallagher is an excellent footballer but is unable to get into the Fermanagh setup, which is totally bewildering

I suspect you've never managed a team because if you knew anything about team play, you'd know that the bould Rory doesn't really get that side of the game, which can be totally bewildering for a manager and 14 colleagues... which might explain why is unable to get into the Fermanagh setup??
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Blacksheep

Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Handball Ace

The first post on this thread is spot on going by saturday night. Gallagher was brilliant when he moved to centre forward in 2nd half, laid on countless savage passes

lynchbhoy

ludermor

mylestheslasher

Handball ace - I wouldn't say he was that good. He had a good 10/15 minutes in the 2nd half alright but did nothing in the first half. Also, he seems to be a good bit less fit than the rest of the team for some reason. Time will tell if he is up to it I suppose.

Captain Scarlet

its bewildering why he's not picked for fermanagh. id say they just had their fill of him.

it'll go grand for a while but if he doesn't get his way he'll fall out with keoghan too.

put him in the same boat as frankie dolan, big talent but not worth the hassle interms of the team.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 08, 2007, 11:14:25 AM
its bewildering why he's not picked for fermanagh. id say they just had their fill of him.

it'll go grand for a while but if he doesn't get his way he'll fall out with keoghan too.

put him in the same boat as frankie dolan, big talent but not worth the hassle interms of the team.

thats media hype about him
hes actually a decent lad with no grand delusions

just took undue stick elsewhere

Captain Scarlet

to be honest heard a few things from lads up there, not media stuff.

not sayin he's a sack but at times he undermines management.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.