AFL 2008

Started by zoyler, March 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoyler

A ggreat game this morning between St. Kilda & Sydney.  Very tight throughout with womderful defense & Tadgh back to his very best and a star for the Swans who could have been overrun in the first quarter but held on and could of stolen at the end.  I am not an expert on what constitutes a foul in Aussie Rules but there was no doubt the Swans were on the wrong side of the officials with the count about 3 to 1 against them.  I know they are notpopular with the AFL chiefs but this was ridiculous!

Elsewhere Marty Clarkes Collingwood won but judging by the blogs he had an indifferent game.  Brisbane also lost and Carlton were beaten on Thusday so its 3 down & 1 up for the Paddies down under

Jinxy

Zoyler are you in Australia?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ykickamoocow

Quote from: zoyler on March 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM
A ggreat game this morning between St. Kilda & Sydney.  Very tight throughout with womderful defense & Tadgh back to his very best and a star for the Swans who could have been overrun in the first quarter but held on and could of stolen at the end.  I am not an expert on what constitutes a foul in Aussie Rules but there was no doubt the Swans were on the wrong side of the officials with the count about 3 to 1 against them.  I know they are notpopular with the AFL chiefs but this was ridiculous!

Elsewhere Marty Clarkes Collingwood won but judging by the blogs he had an indifferent game.  Brisbane also lost and Carlton were beaten on Thusday so its 3 down & 1 up for the Paddies down under

Tadgh Kennelly was one of the few Swans players who i consider had a good game. He does look very different though now that he is bald.

zoyler

No sir,  Ireland thank God,  but getting up early to watch live on Setanta is well worth it!

They appear to be showing 3 live games a week.  The Thusday night game which we have on Thursday morning and the Saturday & Sunday games at various times from 6 to 8 o'clock.  So far this week they have been well worth watching.  Youre right about Tadgh though - the haircut is awful.  He must be trying to save a few dollars on haircuts!!!

Jinxy

I enjoy the highlights package on TG4 but I'm afraid my enthusiasm wouldn't extend to getting up at some ungodly hour to watch a live game. Even if Irish lads were involved (unless it was the grand final).

ykickamoocow

Quote from: zoyler on March 22, 2008, 02:20:30 PM
Youre right about Tadgh though - the haircut is awful.  He must be trying to save a few dollars on haircuts!!!

I saw Tadgh Kennelly and Brendan Murphy on the news afew days ago and both were completely bald and had painted their bald heads green (for St Patrick's Day).

zoyler

I might do it for charity but not for St. Patrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zoyler

Thank God I did not et up to watch Setanta this morninf - Hawthorn 154 - Melborne 50 - in the other one the Bulldogs beat Adelaide by 3 points with just about the last kick of the game - wrong one on TV again.

BallyhaiseMan

what day do the highlights programme be on lads? or have they started on TG4 yet?

Jinxy

Think it starts Wednesday night on TG4.

youbetterbelieveit

watched the Carlton v Richmond match myself, the big fanfare was on the Chris Judd starting for Carlton, he is their superstar player that they are hoping will get them off the botton of the ladder, Unfortunately it didnt go the script and Richmond beat them well in the end, Judd got plenty of possession but not any where near the danger zone so didnt really contribute on the scoreboard. Setanta o'hAilpin was playing, but more as a bench player, he did reasonably well for the amount of possession he got, it got a over and one behind. I think he will hold a permanent position this season, in defence though.

zoyler

Have Setanta a game on live Friday morning - I see Brisbane are to play Collingwood on Friday night Oz time

stephenite

Heading to the Sweans game on Sunday ;D

orangeman

Are you permananently in Oz or just on holiday Stephenite ?

Jinxy

Clarke has been dropped for the next game.